First Round Draft Choice for Deebo?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Would you trade Bears No. 1 next year for Deebo? I would in a second. Of course it won't happen. SF will find a way to sign him

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you trade Bears No. 1 next year for Deebo? I would in a second. Of cousre it won't happen. SF will find a way to sign him
No. With our draft capital and dead cap money, I would like to see what happens this year with a new coaching staff and offensive line. That #1 could be a WR/OT or worse case scenario, a new QB. Too early for me.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the bears will have a pretty high pick so nah

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will have cap room to sign Deebo or equivalent anyway. Why not use the draft pick for a highly rated rookie?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Way too premature for a conversation like this. I’d personally give VJJ a chance to prove himself before trading for a player like Deebo.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he ends up on the trading block, they'll want more than one 1st round pick.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I think the bears will have a pretty high pick so nah
The draft is a crap shoot and there's no guarantee the choice will pan out. With Deebo you get a guaranteed brillant young receiver who was third in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage. It's not gonna happen--- but would be a no-brainer if it did.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Deebo had one good year playing for a top offensive mind and now wants a huge contract for it. It's a red flag for me. You don't want to ruin a good thing when you have it. It's always a risk going elsewhere.

Still, its not enough for me to completely turn down the idea of trading for him. But when you consider it alongside the fact we have to pay him and trade a 1st for him, it would be tough ask. I'd be more inclined if Mooney or Pringle get injured early on and we are risking wasting a year of Fields development.

Regardless Bears should be looking through the league seeing if there is a way to trade a mid round pick for extra receiver help. The wr room as it is leaves alot to be desired.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Would you trade Bears No. 1 next year for Deebo? I would in a second. Of course it won't happen. SF will find a way to sign him
From what I'm hearing we got Deebo at home.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd love to have Deebo, but 0 chance I'd trade for him. Probably less of a chance that Poles trades for him. If the Bears wanted to trade for a WR, they would have gone after the much cheaper ones like Amari Cooper or Robert Woods. They aren't going to trade a 1st for a WR, then turn around and have to figure out how to pay Mooney after 2023.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The draft is a crap shoot and there's no guarantee the choice will pan out. With Deebo you get a guaranteed brillant young receiver who was third in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage. It's not gonna happen--- but would be a no-brainer if it did.
Hes injured a lot which doesn't bode well for a lengthy career

Last edited:

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
We gotta save that pick to trade up for a QB since according to most the bears set field's up to fail ?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Just no.

The Bears could likely get Jaxon Smith Njigba, Kayshon Boutte, or Jordan Addison if they hold on to the first round pick.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
It's not gonna happen but 100% I would if there was a long-term contract already worked out. Even the first round is a crapshoot. Living by SF I watch most of the Niner games. I love his game. We would get a proven star and someone who consistently makes the big plays when most needed to finish games. We have the cap. It would make Fields and the offense's growth a lot easier.

My hesitations would be that it would make Velus kind of redundant except for special teams (not that we know how Velus will turn out anyways) and more importantly, Deebo is not hat prototypical #1 go up and get it receiver that Fields can rely on to bail him out whenever he is in trouble and that he can just throw it up too and trust he will come down with the ball.

Deebo is more of a ball in hands playmaker like Velus was in college and is someone that you design specific plays for who makes the offense more dynamic. Counter argument to that is that we will be running something very close to the niners offense and they do not have one of those typical #1 receivers (they do have the #1 receiving TE and one of best run games in the NFL).

I think regardless of who the starting WR core and even Oline is this year, soo much is riding on Getsy and his ability to create a functioning offense adapting to whoever we field. He has the most to prove and the most is riding on him than anyone else on the team IMO. Even Fields. If Getsy is good, the offense will have rhythm and Fields will be at least average with the talent he has even if he somehow does not learn to get rid of the ball or read coverages at the level he should be. If Getsy is bad our offense and season will be a trainwreck.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one is trading for him without a long term deal in place with a signing bonus that affects this year. It would be like bidding on someone in FA at his peak and still giving up a #1. Wrong team and wrong year. We also need our small remaining cap space to pick up a 3-tech and/or OL before the season. There may be a cap casualty OL that we could rent for a year and at 3-tech, Hicks or Ogunjobi may be viable by Sept. etc.