Chicago Violence

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've always known there were shitty areas of Chicago that you didn't go to. But now people are telling me downtown is also a no go. (like the touristy areas) Seen a few shootings the last few days. Is this normal everywhere now?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always known there were shitty areas of Chicago that you didn't go to. But now people are telling me downtown is also a no go. (like the touristy areas) Seen a few shootings the last few days. Is this normal everywhere now?

It's fine outside of certain hoods. Obv you're going ro have random shootings in nice areas. That hasn't ever not happened.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a frequent visitor to Chicago I can tell you that it has definitely changed. The police presence on Michigan Avenue and the environs is more than obvious. But I do know people who live in what are considered "good" neighborhoods who have had the occasional random event. However, they are less random but still very far from common. If Chicago manages to fuck up tourism it will be come a really ugly place to visit much less live.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Politicians ignoring crime and holding police feet to fire for everything. The city is a shithole of crime and physical disrepair. Ride the L or train thru Chicago and see all the houses and roof and streets fucked up. Schools blow small dogs

I grew up on the NW side and would run free all day till 10pm. If I lived there now I wouldnt let my kid outside without a bodyguard

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Politicians ignoring crime and holding police feet to fire for everything. The city is a shithole of crime and physical disrepair. Ride the L or train thru Chicago and see all the houses and roof and streets fucked up. Schools blow small dogs

I grew up on the NW side and would run free all day till 10pm. If I lived there now I wouldnt let my kid outside without a bodyguard
Weiner dogs? Or toy poodles?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

How would you know? You would never go south of maybe north avenue and that’s pushing it

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
How would you know? You would never go south of maybe north avenue and that’s pushing it
I cant read your response but:

-When I was in college I worked for 4 years at Good Humor at Cicero and Arthington on the west side. 80% of employees carried deadly weapons and I whitnessed a shootout in the parking lot. Lots of hookers on street and an occasional dead person lying on the curb when we opened. Beef place called Carms that had bulletproof glass and metal bars. Only 10% of employees at Good Humor were white. I also worked at UPS on south side of Chicago night shift again only 10 percent of employees were white. For 6 months I delivered lost luggage on the near west side from 9pm to 2am worst neighborhood in Chicago

So, fuckly I know and have worked with more minorities that your lake shore lily white ass

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

-When I was in college I worked for 4 years at Good Humor at Cicero and Arthington on the west side. 80% of employees carried deadly weapons and I whitnessed a shootout in the parking lot. Lots of hookers on street and an occasional dead person lying on the curb when we opened. Beef place called Carms that had bulletproof glass and metal bars. Only 10% of employees at Good Humor were white. I also worked at UPS on south side of Chicago night shift again only 10 percent of employees were white. For 6 months I delivered lost luggage on the near west side from 9pm to 2am worst neighborhood in Chicago

So, fuckly I know and have worked with more minorities that your lake shore lily white ass

stfu you decrepit old simpleton.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Nothing you write is believable. You're an idiot liar, and the dumbest poster on these boards. No debate on that.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Shootings happen anywhere there are assholes i guess.

My oldest brother is a lifelong Chicago resident. I lived near him for a couple years when I was young and visit him frequently.

I can honestly say that I have never once seen random violence occur, nor have I ever felt in danger.

From my experience over the years, do what you do, and don't worry about it.
Every time I have seen fights or whatnot they all start exactly like they do in the burbs or the boonies.
Couple of assholes being assholes and escalating shit.

I imagine if you were drunk out of your mind waiting at an l stop you might have to worry about getting rolled, but otherwise I don't see the city as any more or less dangerous than the burbs for an average and mildly intelligent person.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shootings happen anywhere there are assholes i guess.

My oldest brother is a lifelong Chicago resident. I lived near him for a couple years when I was young and visit him frequently.

I can honestly say that I have never once seen random violence occur, nor have I ever felt in danger.

From my experience over the years, do what you do, and don't worry about it.
Every time I have seen fights or whatnot they all start exactly like they do in the burbs or the boonies.
Couple of assholes being assholes and escalating shit.

I imagine if you were drunk out of your mind waiting at an l stop you might have to worry about getting rolled, but otherwise I don't see the city as any more or less dangerous than the burbs for an average and mildly intelligent person.

Then why is the mayor setting a curfew for youth and why are people I know comparing it to Detroit?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
but otherwise I don't see the city as any more or less dangerous than the burbs for an average and mildly intelligent person.
LOLOLOLOLO. there aren't 300 murders in Schaumburg like there are in just the west side of Chicago

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's what I say about your paycheck to paycheck life
Almost two thirds of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. I thought mocking the working class was a Democrat thing these days?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I used to catch the chicago avenue bus by the McDonalds where this shooting happened and why don’t we get it over with and make it about the second amendment