Debate Time Allen Robinson & Bears Future.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Weird thread. A-Rob had himself a pity party last year and jaked it. Yes, the coaching staff also screwed him a little, but a guy of his talent should show maximum effort no matter what he's asked to do.

Point is, he was a non-factor last season.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@Black Rainbow, the old Gus would have run to you showing you what someone on your ignore list asked. But the new Gus will not be engaging in that type of behavior.

That being said, I guess I just don't understand what Pace's picks last year have to do with his picks this year.

@TheWinman

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The draft picks from last year - who many ppl on CCS loved - seem to have very low expectations from the fans and media this year.

Why should we not expect 2nd year players in a new system to at least be average this year?
Besides Fields and Jenkins who loved which player?

The low expectations are from the fact it’s a complete rebuild

Why should we not expect 2nd year players in a NEW system to be average? WTF??? Can you define average at least? Give us stats at least. @Gustavus Adolphus

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The draft picks from last year - who many ppl on CCS loved - seem to have very low expectations from the fans and media this year.

Why should we not expect 2nd year players in a new system to at least be average this year?
You like to conveniently leave out facts about these players everyone “loves”

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What does this have to do with Packer fans?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You like to conveniently leave out facts about these players everyone “loves”
Not true. Not true at all...

I spent weeks last off-season arguing with posters about the "2021 Historic Draft Class."

I even #calledit that posters would deny it happened later because I go thru this Every. Effing. Year.

(No I'm going back thru posts for evidence because even when I do ppl continue to misrepresent my takes.) Example: Posters claiming I wanted Teven Jenkins in the first round. It's been debunked several times, yet just last week someone tried to claim it again.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I spent weeks last off-season arguing with posters about the "2021 Historic Draft Class."

I even #calledit that posters would deny it happened later because I go thru this Every. Effing. Year.

(No I'm going back thru posts for evidence because even when I do ppl continue to misrepresent my takes.) Example: Posters claiming I wanted Teven Jenkins in the first round. It's been debunked several times, yet just last week someone tried to claim it again.
U should just put those posters that are making you upset on ignore for the whole season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Robinson definitely didn’t leave it all on the field last year. He’s a poor blocker. He’s poor at YAC. He’s a very good route runner and has dependable hands…although he missed a lot of 50/50 balls the true elite receivers get. Seems like a good dude but not disappointed he’s gone. More opportunities for Mooney, Pringle, and VJJ.

I expect him to put up very good numbers in LA, though. He landed in the perfect situation. He’s being coached by arguably the best offensive mind in the game and Kupp demands a ton of attention.
"What did the Bears offense lose?" or "what do they have to replace?" might be a better question.

The Bears lost Robinson, Daniels, Peters and the Red Rocket.

Robinson was not good in 2021, for whatever reason. Replacing a "not good" receiver should not be an impossible proposition. We fans and the national media makes the incorrect point, which is losing prime Robinson is not going to be easy. The reality is that the Bears have to replace the 2021 Robinson, which should not be too difficult to do.

Daniels was intriguing, but was never a sure-bet RG. He was not worth the second contract numbers for a starting RG. He was athletic, but he never seemed to put it all together. Well, the Bears have added a lot of athletic linemen who might be as productive as Daniels, but at a budget.

Peters did well for a 40 something lineman who was dragged off his fishing boat to start basically the next day. The Bears now have young options like Borom and Braxton Jones who, with some experience, may be able to man the LT position for a decade. Sure, there is a large chance that they will not be that good in 2022, but there is also no guarantee, if he were brought back, that Peters would not fall off a cliff as a LT at his age.

Dalton, along with Foles, were good backup type of QBs. Siemian fits the same backup QB mold, so there is no drop off in talent there. Fields getting the starting reps along with his talent level has a much higher ceiling than either of the three QBs mentioned above.

The rest of the players lost were an over-the-hill Graham, a disappointing RB from KC and a bunch of meh WRs. The TE room is a mystery but Kmet needs to take Graham's targets and maybe some undrafted TE will do something. The RB room is more solid than it was in 2021 and the WR room from 2 to 6 seems to be better than 2021.

And the biggest thing of all is that Nagy is no longer throwing darts on a dartboard to call plays. The offense is going to be simplified while also making sense in the flow of the game. I find it near impossible that the offense will be as bad or worse than it was in 2021.

Now if some of the rookies make some kind of impact, the offense might actually be fun to watch. The 2021 offense was getting-a-root-canal type of fun.

Liked Posts:

You legit punching air with your arguments.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
A few things.

1) A Rob needed a change. Maybe he could have gotten that with the new regime, but I understand them not being willing to tempt that.

2) Better or worse than last year doesn't matter that much. The offensive talent isn't good enough. The WR room is among the worst in the league. The O line is at best dangerously unproven. Kmet doesn't appear to be a weapon. The highlight, outside of Justin Fields is an above average RB with no elite skills. As for coaching, I'll believe it when I see it, but you still need talent to develop and the Bears don't have first round offensive guys outside of Fields (obviously they weren't going to change that this year, but this is to set expectations, not to place blame).

3) I feel like the longer we go in the offseason, the more people are combining the development of Fields with the competitiveness of the team. I don't. I think a bad offensive line and WRs that aren't highly skilled overall could negatively influence Fields' confidence in extending a play. That's his elite skills and while we all want him to develop a better quick game, if he loses that confidence, he likely busts. Personally, I don't care if Duke Shelly and Kindle Vildor allow a 156.3 QB rating against and the Bears lose 20-30 every week and go 5-12. Defense can be patched in a year. Offense usually can't and either way, Fields is what matters.
I just found this out this morning (on THE SCORE). Did you know that, based off last year's production, the Packers present group of WRs were worse than what the the Bears have now. So if the Bears WRs are "among the worst" then so too are the Packers.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I just found this out this morning (on THE SCORE). Did you know that, based off last year's production, the Packers present group of WRs were worse than what the the Bears have now. So if the Bears WRs are "among the worst" then so too are the Packers.
That's not news. Once adams was gone, Mooney was better than anyone on their roster. Hell, Pringle is probably better than anyone on their roster. Watson and Doubs are important as rookies for them.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You won't see me saying we've gone to shit without AR. I've always said he was not a great one, he was a good one. On the Bears he was billed as a great one and he wanted to cash that in. He had to go, he wanted too much for what he was.
We were shit, we likely still are shit because we've done nothing with high odds of stopping the shitshow.

The best thing we have going for us is it's not Nagy. It really can't get any worse.
As far as Poles the offseason has been worrisome but judging a GM takes patterns and at least seeing the players he picked on the field.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They now have 1 starting WR, some backups and a rookie WR. It would be nice if they could sign at least 1 other starting caliber WR. How good will Mooney be against the double team each week? Will they even have to double him?

I think the run game will actually be decent. Top 15, maybe even top 10. But that’s mostly because of how much they will have to commit to it, and the fact that most teams prefer to pass.

Worse case scenario… the offense functions like the old John Shoop offenses of the early 2000’s. Rotfl oh god no!

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
and a rookie WR

Is that the probably 5th round worthy WR we drafted in the 3rd? 3rd worthy would be enough of a risk to never see the field.
We'd better have some magical coaches. If we do maybe we could get some of the former preseason goat WRs who were rarely played with Nagy.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that the probably 5th round worthy WR we drafted in the 3rd? 3rd worthy would be enough of a risk to never see the field.
We'd better have some magical coaches. If we do maybe we could get some of the former preseason goat WRs who were rarely played with Nagy.

I think this staff will actually work the rookie into the game plans. He’s already being taught 2 positions at once. They will have some gadget, bubbles and misdirection plays for him right off the git go.

He’ll play because they need him to.

Reactions: Myk

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You're absolutely right. The biggest issue was Matt Nagy's crappy system and he's gone. We should expect a much better year offensively...kinda hard to be worse than curl and drag routes every play.

But also what you're hearing from the media and fans is preemptive excuses in case Justin struggles.

Why? Is Feilds some sort of Chicago media darling? What you are insinuating is that the media somehow needs Feilds to play well for some sort of agenda.

If he ends up sucking, the media will react accordingly. There's no conspiracy here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fields and Jenkins? I think we all expect them to start and play well. Herbert clearly could if asked and Graham may as well (nickle). Tonga?

Borom should stick in some capacity but difficult to project at this point. Can't tell if he's at LT as a placeholder or lead candidate. So hard to know his conditioning and how well he takes coaching. Jenkins was the better T coming off the end of last season but sometimes teams want to lock down one spot instead of having 2 without full conviction. I suspect they plan on helping Borom when needed if they leave him there. I honestly doubt many are unhappy about drafting Fields or Jenkins. We had 6 rookies from that draft start games last year and play as well or better than the people they replaced outside of Peters.

Newsome has been the single disappointing so far but are 6th rounders that don't excel really disappointments? and he's still here. Draft was almost universally given an A or A+ by outside sources. It was not just fanboys that appreciated that draft in the week it happened. WTF are you on about again? Why do you keep beating dead horses?