1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

I match my writing effort to be on par with the sites trolling abilities.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the sigler hate has brought us together much like fields being drafted last year. One love one fam.

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
@Rush

We know you want new eyes on the site, it makes sense. Hell, even if they are one time signup dorkchops, it all ADDS up. I get it. Hell, McDonalds serves millions everyday and their food is trash.

However, instead of whatever you're paying Mr. Jordan (probably not much for someone who dropped out two years into a journalism degree) you could easily buy a Chicago hat once a week and do a giveaway. We'd all be much happier.

This place will eat it's young. Ya gotta love it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Covering cost isn't the reason for posting articles.

We do it to introduce new eyeballs to the site because churn/drop-off. Otherwise this site would have died years ago like most message boards.
Am I doing it right?

BREAKING: JUSTIN FIELDS REPORTEDLY HAD AN IRREGULARLY SHAPED BOWEL MOVEMENT YESTERDAY. Off the record sources disclosed coaches are privately writing off the 2022 season and will focus instead on watching the 2023 draft class for his eventual replacement.

Ever wonder if the kind of traffic these articles is bringing could be hurting the site more than helping?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
@Rush

We know you want new eyes on the site, it makes sense. Hell, even if they are one time signup dorkchops, it all ADDS up. I get it. Hell, McDonalds serves millions everyday and their food is trash.

However, instead of whatever you're paying Mr. Jordan (probably not much for someone who dropped out two years into a journalism degree) you could easily buy a Chicago hat once a week and do a giveaway. We'd all be much happier.

This place will eat it's young. Ya gotta love it.
It’s a tough position to be in. The current ccs climate is toxic. But many of those toxic posters support this site. So how do you do what’s needed to bring in new people without ticking off the old guns and causing them to bail?

Now or the future…pick your poison…

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s a tough position to be in. The current ccs climate is toxic. But many of those toxic posters support this site. So how do you do what’s needed to bring in new people without ticking off the old guns and causing them to bail?

If I'm Rush, it's easy. It's all about the $. But what I'm telling him is dump the dorkchop and buy us some GD schwag instead.

All about the $.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

I'm glad you recognize your toxicity here. That's the first step in recovery.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Am I doing it right?

BREAKING: JUSTIN FIELDS REPORTEDLY HAD AN IRREGULARLY SHAPED BOWEL MOVEMENT YESTERDAY. Off the record sources disclosed coaches are privately writing off the 2022 season and will focus instead on watching the 2023 draft class for his eventual replacement.

Ever wonder if the kind of traffic these articles is bringing could be hurting the site more than helping?
It's not hurting the site one bit. If anything it's allowing a lot of folks something to complain about. People love to get riled up about shit that literally doesn't matter. I'm an adult so I like...just scroll on when I see shit I don't wanna see.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

We're 99.8% catering to the old people. We have little interest in bringing in new posters because of 2 reasons.

1.) Most new posters can't cut it. They get their chops busted and they bail.

2.) Message Boards are dying and they just use social media for sports discussion. The Home Page shows month over month growth because we publish content. The message board has a sustained trajectory without much growth or deviation because it's the same group.

Articles aren't going to bring in new users to the Message Board. However posting the articles to our board, does help with getting articles indexed faster. Half of it is super relevant, half likely isn't. However given the state of message boards, I'd rather have a topic or article get posted, vs that person just.....not. That contributes to the decay of a site.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We're 99.8% catering to the old people. We have little interest in bringing in new posters because of 2 reasons.

1.) Most new posters can't cut it. They get their chops busted and they bail.

2.) Message Boards are dying and they just use social media for sports discussion. The Home Page shows month over month growth because we publish content. The message board has a sustained trajectory without much growth or deviation because it's the same group.

Articles aren't going to bring in new users to the Message Board. However posting the articles to our board, does help with getting articles indexed faster. Half of it is super relevant, half likely isn't. However given the state of message boards, I'd rather have a topic or article get posted, vs that person just.....not. That contributes to the decay of a site.
Smart. What about a comment section at the end of those stories, instead of just a message board? I’ve seen that work for other sports teams. Not so much politics and the like, but hopefully vould keep that (mostly) out of it…

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If only there was a way to predict the offense and QB would look bad.
If only it was possible in the NFL to get a better offense.

I know, let's put all our talent on defense and wish really hard that our new coaches can train a good offense just like we have for decades before. It's gotta work this time.
Isn't that how odds work? If you throw enough darts one of the knives has to stick eventually.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Hey, green digits, those are algorithm targeted. I was wondering why they kept showing blow up toys? ?

As for the article. This is when you you should be stretching the envelope and throwing more picks. Find the boundaries of the O. Doesn't mean that's what's happening but picks at this time of year mean little to nothing when the QB and WRs are learning each other in a new offense.
yeah, I would buy you and Rush's theory if I was into feet.