Chicago Bears offensive line ranks 31st in NFL according to PFF

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No surprise. We got rid of two guys who have first names made plural to form their last names and also happen to have been two of the better players on the line last year (Peters/Daniels)... and we've replaced them with an average-at-best vet (Patrick) while counting on rookies and sophomores to fill out the rest. Just like most areas of the team, we're counting on the triumvirate of coaching, scheme and internal development to get the improvement we'd like to see.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's pretty unanimous that the Bears currently have one of the worst O-Lines and one of the worst WR corps. But no, the critics are wrong, and the organization that's been mired in a losing culture for decades is right.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be worried if "experts" had them projected higher. On paper the OL is bad. None of that means anything once the games begin. OL is one of the units that the output can be greater than the sum of the individual parts. Here's to hoping Braxton can become a serviceable LT and one of the other rookies can also become a long-term fixture.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I wish the bears were half-assing the OL, but the grim reality is half-assing would be a step up from where they are.

Game’s won and lost in the trenches and that’s not sexy for fans or recent decision makers through the decades.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I expect some improvement based on coaching. When I would watch tape the timing of this OL was never correct, they would often come off double teams late and be in bad position.

I don't expect enormous improvement on coaching alone, but Nagy's offense never clicked because he never got the protections right.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
don't care, the secondary is gonna be LIT - special teams too

probably average at least 1 pick 6/punt return TD/KO return TD per game to make up for Offensive deficiencies

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I really hope Fields can emerge, low WR corps, low OFF grades.....gonna have to get him out of the pocket

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
don't care, the secondary is gonna be LIT - special teams too
We won't get into special teams. The Packers ST coordinator was the dream for the Bears, wanted by all in Chicago. Rich chose Green Bay. We already know who will have the better special teams.

Now, let's get into you bragging about the Bears secondary.

Packers starting secondary:
CB- Jaire Alexander
CB- Eric Stokes
NB- Rasul Douglas

FS-Darnell Savage
SS-Adrian Amos

Bears starting secondary:
CB- Jaylon Johnson
CB- Kyler Gordon-Rookie
NB- Tavon Young

FS- Eddie Jackson
SS- Jaquan Brisker- Rookie

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Packers win again. And it's not even close. I do agree that secondary is probably the strongest positional group on your whole team, but it's only a average group, that is too dependent on unproven rookies.

Good luck this season. I actually mean that.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
So the Bears GM and coaching braintrust decided to evaluate Fields with the worth o-line and WR group they could. Seems like a brilliant plan. Surely Fields will rise to the occasion and prove he's the franchise QB we all hope he is. It's all about the QB, right? He can just elevate the rest.

And if he fails? Well then, I guess we pick another and see how well he does with a shitty o-line and WRs.

It looks to me like they have screwed themselves. They may have the QB they need, but instead of fixing the offense, they went largely defence in the draft. If they have to pick another QB next year, they'll still have no 1st round pick for LT or WR, so we'll end up with at best, second level talent to "bolster" the rest of them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's pretty unanimous that the Bears currently have one of the worst O-Lines and one of the worst WR corps. But no, the critics are wrong, and the organization that's been mired in a losing culture for decades is right.

Poles and Eberflus have been mired in a losing culture for decades? News to me.

Maybe the OL sucks but the logic here is asinine. Poles aand Eberflus have nothing to do with what came before them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We won't get into special teams. The Packers ST coordinator was the dream for the Bears, wanted by all in Chicago. Rich chose Green Bay. We already know who will have the better special teams.

Now, let's get into you bragging about the Bears secondary.

Packers starting secondary:
CB- Jaire Alexander
CB- Eric Stokes
NB- Rasul Douglas

FS-Darnell Savage
SS-Adrian Amos

Bears starting secondary:
CB- Jaylon Johnson
CB- Kyler Gordon-Rookie
NB- Tavon Young

FS- Eddie Jackson
SS- Jaquan Brisker- Rookie

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Packers win again. And it's not even close. I do agree that secondary is probably the strongest positional group on your whole team, but it's only a average group, that is too dependent on unproven rookies.

Good luck this season. I actually mean that.

Does the ST coordinator play? If not then not sure how you can claim Packers will be better just because of him. Your STs sucked donkey balls and cost you a playoff game. Until he proves he can turn it around you are doing the same thing Bears fans are doing with respect to Getsy and the O.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jenkins has to be at least an above average RT this year. No more bullshit. No more excuses.

The common denominator with all the o-linemen we drafted this year was good speed and footwork...the one negative in some of the draft grades for Jenkins.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Does the ST coordinator play? If not then not sure how a imyou can claim Packers will be better just because of him. Your STs sucked donkey balls and cost you a playoff game. Until he proves he can turn it around you are doing the same thing Bears fans are doing with respect to Getsy and the O.
You are correct, the Packers special teams were awful last season under Mo Drayton. This is why Bisaccia was brought in. There has been a new focus on teams. If the special teams are just average this season it will be enough to not lose the team a playoff game like last season.

Just above average will be good enough to be better than the Bears STs. You are right, both units have to prove it, but the strong money is on the Pack.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thanks Nagy, the gift that keeps giving!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are correct, the Packers special teams were awful last season under Mo Drayton. This is why Bisaccia was brought in. There has been a new focus on teams. If the special teams are just average this season it will be enough to not lose the team a playoff game like last season.

Just above average will be good enough to be better than the Bears STs. You are right, both units have to prove it, but the strong money is on the Pack.

Bears were 9th in STs. Packers were last. So Pack have a long way to go to catch the Bears who were actually above average. Bears also drafted 2 guys that can hekp on STs in VJJ and Ebner.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the Bears GM and coaching braintrust decided to evaluate Fields with the worth o-line and WR group they could. Seems like a brilliant plan. Surely Fields will rise to the occasion and prove he's the franchise QB we all hope he is. It's all about the QB, right? He can just elevate the rest.

And if he fails? Well then, I guess we pick another and see how well he does with a shitty o-line and WRs.

It looks to me like they have screwed themselves. They may have the QB they need, but instead of fixing the offense, they went largely defence in the draft. If they have to pick another QB next year, they'll still have no 1st round pick for LT or WR, so we'll end up with at best, second level talent to "bolster" the rest of them.
Yep with where the Bears will likely draft they’ll probably take a pass rusher with the first round pick. Especially after losing their pass rush this offseason. So it goes…