I’m in your shitty city !!

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Johnnie's and Lou Malnatis but don't get deep dish.
what Da hell man that’s why I came for dat deep dish !! Thanks for suggestion I might try johnnies ( I had a Lou deep dish at Illuminati)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess you miss the point. Let me say it again. I’ve worked in the city of Chicago for 32 years, I’ve been going to see the Bears, Bulls and White Sox for over 32 years and I’ve never heard a gunshot nor have I ever been shot. I know hundreds of people that I’ve worked with over the years who can say the same thing. You can produce the same articles for every major city and even some smaller cities.

Tell that to the people who got shot in Chicago.

I'm sure your own personal experience will somehow heal their wounds if they are still living, or resurrect them if they are dead ..

?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You understand those are anecdotes right(well, and a heat map that doesn't tell you much). You're more likely to be murdered in Milwaukee. Not to mention St Louis, New Orleans...and anyone who lives here knows that the majority of murders take place in a handful of neighborhoods.

Yeah...not true according to the data of the past few years.

I have to say "don't believe articles of actual information - believe our personal opinions and anecdotes instead!" Isn't exactly an argument I thought I would ever see outside of the political arena.

I'm thinking maybe politics has rotted some of your guys's brains with your whole feelings over facts garbage.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

I have to say "don't believe articles of actual information - believe our personal opinions and anecdotes instead!" Isn't exactly an argument I thought I would ever see outside of the political arena.

I'm thinking maybe politics has rotted some of your guys's brains with your whole feelings over facts garbage.

What isn't true? Facts: Chicago's murder rate per capita is lower than the cities I mentioned, and lower than a bunch of other cities. And unless you're hanging out in Englewood or Back of the Yards(which, you're not) you're not likely to be murdered. The North side is very safe.

And to be clear I'm not dismissing those neighborhoods or ignoring the issue with violent crime but the narrative that Chicago is a war zone and unsafe is demonstrably false.

But if you're scared you can feel free to stay away. Lived here for 45 years and I've never felt unsafe.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I'm sure your own personal experience will somehow heal their wounds if they are still living, or resurrect them if they are dead ..

?
Geez, You are still missing the point. Why are you so obtuse?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They aren't wrong. Most shootings are in the same neighborhoods

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

?

I literally live inside Chicago and am constantly outside of my condominium at the statistical worse hours of the morning due to clubbing and living my life and although I have heard gunfire sometimes outside of after hours parties and encountered criminals some times here and there and have personal protection and a driver I have never needed to draw upon anyone ever and my driver has never even had to chamber a single round when confronted because we literally aren't drug dealers or caught up in that world in any sort of scalable way so maybe perhaps it is just gang violence that your data is telling a story of and just part of the coarse for that sort of lifestyle so maybe stop trying to paint upon everything with such a broad brush as a tourist whomst only experience is internet experience and just stop living in media controlled fear and then tell me whomst has lived here for a while how bad it is after you acturally taste it for yourselve.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have so many thoughts:

1. No politics outside the bar. Luckily, not my forum.

2. People down playing Chicago violence is dumb. Its atrocious and I can talk. New Orleans is absolutely out of control. Police force at all time low. About 10 or more people been shot on the interstate in the past year and the police say its not related. People legit doing doughnuts in the middle of the interstate. Jumping on police cars and are the shitty mayor almost got put to sleep in a bathroom looking like a fool.

3. Chicago Deep Dish is just a fucking lasagna. Dont @ me

4.KanJam may be the worst thing I ever saw. I cant even describe how fucking awful.

5. If ya gonna pull up to Logan Square. You give 24 hour notice. Middle aged white men must stretch for physical activity.