Justin Fields worst QB against cover 0?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Between the terrible n=6 article shared by OP, momma sex bashing, flame-wars, and me playing grammar nazi, this thread is classic off-season CCS. ??‍♂️

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Between the terrible n=6 article shared by OP, momma sex bashing, flame-wars and me playing grammar nazi, this thread is classic off-season CCS. ??‍♂️
Don't forget about the part where you don't know who you are replying to. And completely didn't understand what was even going on.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m starving

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget about the part where you don't know who you are replying to. And completely didn't understand what was even going on.
??Jeebus, you're right. Uggh. Too many name/avatar changings going on. I'm dumb for assuming the one firing back was the one I called out.
The last forum software allowed multi-level quotes of quotes. Def. lost in translation from the previous page. No excuse, and 100% on me to verify WTH I'm replying to. ?‍♂️

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Since we will have the first or second draft choice maybe we can pick a real QB?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s pretty sad who a draft-dodging old man like @Omeletpants has just been f5ing until he was unbanned. He really has nothing in his life

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a guy that has the skills to play QB to a level of excellence in the NFL. That's isnt Fields, he is Trubisky Jr
Ok name the next great QB for us

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Go to bed and don’t wake up you draft-dodging old fucker

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yall leave @Omeletpants alone. He had just graduated college when Sid Luckman became a star for the Bears so he is the only one of us that has seen good Bewrs QB play live.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a guy that has the skills to play QB to a level of excellence in the NFL. That's isnt Fields, he is Trubisky Jr
I guess he pass the complexion standard.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Cover-0 — man coverage across the board with no deep safeties — can bedevil most quarterbacks. Last season, Justin Fields was perhaps most bedeviled. The Bears’ rookie quarterback had all sorts of things stacked against him, and it showed against this particular coverage. Against Cover-0, Fields completed three of six passes for 23 yards, 12 air yards, no touchdowns, one interception, an ANY/A of 7.7, and a passer rating of 20.1.

In Week 2 against the Bengals, Fields tried to hit Marquise Goodwin on a mesh concept, but he didn’t see linebacker Logan Wilson dropping from the line of scrimmage into coverage, and Wilson had an easy pick. Assessing where defenders are on the field — especially in disguised looks — is something Fields will have to work on under a new offensive staff.

small sample size.... but in zero, you generally gotta rely on your receivers to win match ups n create space/make plays.. also gotta have a functional OC to design schemes to attack zero.... last years loaded corps of talent was really let down by Fields

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Cover-0 — man coverage across the board with no deep safeties — can bedevil most quarterbacks. Last season, Justin Fields was perhaps most bedeviled. The Bears’ rookie quarterback had all sorts of things stacked against him, and it showed against this particular coverage. Against Cover-0, Fields completed three of six passes for 23 yards, 12 air yards, no touchdowns, one interception, an ANY/A of 7.7, and a passer rating of 20.1.

In Week 2 against the Bengals, Fields tried to hit Marquise Goodwin on a mesh concept, but he didn’t see linebacker Logan Wilson dropping from the line of scrimmage into coverage, and Wilson had an easy pick. Assessing where defenders are on the field — especially in disguised looks — is something Fields will have to work on under a new offensive staff.

Six pass attempts that's one hell of a sample size to make a sweeping judgment on a rookie QB.