Da NFC North

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
So there's not even one guy here who thinks maybe with this new front office and Fields coming into his sophomore season the bears could pull off a shocker of a season? Maybe even squeak a winning season in or even sniff a wildcard?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit has very little cap room next season and with their schedule will probably luck their way into a hollow 7 win season and enter next season with no legitimate QB on the roster with no cap room (along with a middling 1st round pick) and a tougher schedule. Their "arrow" is fool's gold. This is obvious.
That is actually not true at all.

Cut Goff, Brockers and Okwara, the Lions have over 55 mil in cap.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Bears are the worst team in the division but Detroit will find a way to be dumber and have a worse record.

Green Bay will be coasting by week 5 to another division title. Their shitstain wannabe troll here will be everywhere until their asses get handed to them again in the playoffs

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So there's not even one guy here who thinks maybe with this new front office and Fields coming into his sophomore season the bears could pull off a shocker of a season? Maybe even squeak a winning season in or even sniff a wildcard?
I’ve said they could from the beginning. I don’t see any way they finish worse than last year. Being without Nagy, an easier schedule, and having lost almost nothing in impact players from last season.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
‘shocker’ as in the upset a team on the schedule they have no business winning? Yes. That’s the bears in a nutshell for my life rooting for them. They do that once a year even in the shit years.

Shocker of a season? LOL. QB with ball protection issues now has a worse OL and Bum wrs but we’re supposed to believe a scheme change and “an easy schedule” can fix that right up and magically change bad blockers to somehow become good. Defense is transitioning to an outdated scheme, lost its best pass rusher, and has no 3 tech.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
‘shocker’ as in the upset a team on the schedule they have no business winning? Yes. That’s the bears in a nutshell for my life rooting for them. They do that once a year even in the shit years.

Shocker of a season? LOL. QB with ball protection issues now has a worse OL and Bum wrs but we’re supposed to believe a scheme change and “an easy schedule” can fix that right up and magically change bad blockers to somehow become good. Defense is transitioning to an outdated scheme, lost its best pass rusher, and has no 3 tech.
“A worse OL”? You must be a Mustipher fan! ? And how exactly are our WRs worse than last year? Because we got rid of Robinson mailing it in every game? Please…

The only thing true in your comment is we don’t have that 3 tech. And if our staff can’t scheme around that, then we have another coaching issue. But to simply assume they can’t is stupid. But that’s ccs…

Dr. Van Nostrand

B Horror Movie Enthusiast
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Charlotte Hornets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Liberty Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Those cheesehead fucks have the best team yes and the Vikings are what they are. However, I think if Fields has improved at all that we will not be bottom and could even challenge for that second spot.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
“A worse OL”? You must be a Mustipher fan! ? And how exactly are our WRs worse than last year? Because we got rid of Robinson mailing it in every game? Please…
I’m a fan of Mustipher? Mustipher was ranked 38/38 in centers with 6+ starts last year per pff. Lucas Patrick? 32nd.

Only an idiot would celebrate that improvement. But then again, here you are.

Let me get this straight, rejects from other teams, Byron Pringle, and a 3rd round rookie are all better than Allen Robinson because he dogged it in a year management franchise tagged him and he was on record numerous times saying he wanted to stay long term but pace wouldnt talk to him so he became disgruntled? I’m sure every bears receiver will outperform Robinson this year, as our visionless—sorry—visionary has spoken!

I mean, I get people rib you for being an idiot, I’m certainly guilty of it. You’re visionless, and pretty comically stupid—but I think at this point you just like the attention, being dunked on. Power to you, cupcake.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Fields did have ball protection issues but it was also his rookie year. That doesn’t mean that trend continues moving forward. On paper I’d say the OL is pretty much on par with last years group. As far as Wrs, I’d take the group this year over last years.

The defense is transitioning to a scheme which the HC had top 10 defenses with the Colts. How is that a bad thing?

We all know this team is far from being complete, but maybe the personal and scheme changes is a good first step. Poles was given a shitty roster and not much to work with. Did you honestly expect him to pull a Pace and go all out year 1?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’m a fan of Mustipher? Mustipher was ranked 38/38 in centers with 6+ starts last year per pff. Lucas Patrick? 32nd.

Let me get this straight, rejects from other teams, Byron Pringle, and a 3rd round rookie are all better than Allen Robinson because he dogged it in a year management franchise tagged him and he was on record numerous times saying he wanted to stay long term but pace wouldnt talk to him so he became disgruntled? I’m sure every bears receiver will outperform Robinson this year, as our visionless—sorry—visionary has spoken!

I mean, I get people rib you for being an idiot, I’m certainly guilty of it. You’re visionless, and pretty comically stupid—but I think at this point you just like the attention, being dunked on. Power to you, cupcake.
Don’t think anyone is “celebrating” Lucas over Mustipher but we all know it’s an improvement.

The “rejects” that Poles signed at Wr this year are better than the useless rejects that Pace signed last year. Pringle was pretty damn solid last year for the amount he was used throughout the season. He was much better than ARob. As far as VJJ, yes he is a question mark, but so is any rookie Wr.

No Poels didn’t go out and sign the big names at Wr this offseason but he was smart to hold off on that. But he did bring in guys with big play making abilities. Guys who will actually fit the new offensive scheme and give 100%.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Nagy's gone. That's good for 3 wins right there. Likely they can scrape together another 3-4 wins, more than Detroit will end up with IMO.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The defense is transitioning to a scheme which the HC had top 10 defenses with the Colts. How is that a bad thing?
Because the guy who is responsible for said top 10 defenses isn’t running this one as of now.

Alan Williams is. When you look at his resume as a DC, it’s pretty easy to see why it’s a bad thing.

Personnel wise, need a 3 tech and hope the rookie dbs catch on real quick.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Vikings..they aren't a lock for 2nd place. They have a new coaching staff just like Chicago.

For you Justin Fields haters...be glad you aren't overpaying a crap QB like Cousins.

The Bears will probably only win 5 games, but it's not like it's a sure thing that the Vikings or Lions are winning 6 or more.

If the Bears had a "crap" QB putting up Cousins stats he would already have a statue outside soldier field/

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because the guy who is responsible for said top 10 defenses isn’t running this one as of now.

Alan Williams is. When you look at his resume as a DC, it’s pretty easy to see why it’s a bad thing.

Personnel wise, need a 3 tech and hope the rookie dbs catch on real quick.
Just because Williams is calling plays that doesn’t mean Eberflus has no hand or say in what goes on. I would think Williams has learned from Eberflus and knows what he’s looking for. Coaches grow just like players do.

You are acting as if the Bears need to be fully polished in year one of a new FO and coaching staff. That’s not going to happen with the shit storm Pace left.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Mustipher started at center, Robinson disappeared, most of our DL was injured and/or ineffective, and Nagy’s putrid offense was unable to score. Yet what was the final record last year, against a tougher schedule?

So again…why would this season be worse? HOW could this season be worse???

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
If the Bears had a "crap" QB putting up Cousins stats he would already have a statue outside soldier field/
So, you are saying the Bears would have won something with Cousins and their inferior rosters, and worse coaching staffs than the Vikings have had for Cousins time in Minny?

The Bears would have still failed with Cousins. Just like the Vikes have.

Cousins cap hit is 3 million more than Aaron Rodgers' is this year. It's been that way for the duration of his time in Minny.

The Bears are better off with Fields. Ask a Vikings fan if they would trade Cousins for Fields right now. Their answer would be: "Hell Yes!"