Chicago Bears Offense Preview

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
“On offense the bears should have one of the most productive seasons in recent memory”?

I’d say “puff puff pass” but the author of this prefers crack to weed…

Run, run, 2 yard swing pass, punt. Rinse. Repeat. Teams are going to stack the box for the run and to dare the worst offensive line in the league to stop them. And I’m supposed to believe a scheme change can make bad blockers better in their assignments/matchups?

Can’t wait for the top 5 pick next spring to be on defense. More things change, the more they remain the same with this franchise.
Haven't even played a single snap, and already they're 'worst offensive line in the league?'

Idiot.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Happy 4th. Are they celebrating at your living facility?

This mofo is shook. He logs in just to dislike. For someone who doesn't care about negs, he sure does a lot of disliking. Dongbears is thee worst!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The offensive line problems from last year stem from injuries. The Bears racked up so many injuries at the offensive tackle position that they had to call in Jason Peters from a retirement fishing trip to come play offensive tackle for them because they literally had no one left. So yes, the Bears had offensive line problems from a year ago, but that wasn't because of incompetence in the players. Every unit needs to remain healthy and develop as a unit practice over practice, game over game. That unit last year never had the chance to do that because guys were injured and couldn't play.

Larry Borom missed seven games because of injury, Germain Ifedi missed eight games because of injury, Elijah Wilkinson missed four games because of injury and of course Teven Jenkins missed 11 games due to injury. That's your top four offensive tackles that were out at one time or another due to injury. So yeah, you're going to have pass protection issues when your top four offensive tackles miss 30 games combined due to injury.
It is hard to disagree with all those injuries, BUT 2 rookies (1 pre-injured and a 5th rounder) and two washed up/retired tackles are what they started the season with...Even if all are healthy, that is not how good teams function......

Most of us were in agreement that while Leno needed to be replaced, the Bears cut him loose before they should have, because they failed to replace him properly, and it was not just last year, he should have been replaced the year before.....

Our Tackle situation is not a result of injuries alone, it is the result of the FO doing nothing for the position for several years in a row.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Bears have one of the historically low cap spends on Offense, but Rhodes Scholars here expecting "one of the most productive years in recent history) from the O, got it.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Bears have one of the historically low cap spends on Offense, but Rhodes Scholars here expecting "one of the most productive years in recent history) from the O, got it.
Really this isn't hard. The Bears have been near the bottom in offense consistently. Mooney is good Kmet is good Pringle is average and the running game is very good. I know the expectation is for the Bears to have five Pro Bowlers across the line in order to be good but that doesn't have to be the case. The line can be average and the offense could be middle of the pack.

If you don't think the offense can be good then Fields is a bust

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Bears offense will be anything special this year but I do think they can be the most productive unit we have seen since 2018. Nagys offenses were garbage so it’s really not unrealistic to say Getsy can make the current group better than Nagys groups.

The talent isn’t mind blowing but this might be the first time in 4 years we have seen an offensive scheme catered towards the players. We might see an OC that knows how to properly call plays and manage a game.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears offense was around 25th overall last season.

A middle of the road offense is probably the ceiling, but 18th to 20th overall would be successful in my opinion.

They did inherit a decent running offense, which keeps them out of the cellar.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If by “in recent history” you mean any of the Nagy years, I will say 100% yes.