*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Visionman

Liked Posts:
With no other proven receivers, expect Mooney to be consistently double covered.
Do you really think they doubled Robinson all last season? Or our other receivers not named Mooney?? Please…

Canth

Liked Posts:
He held the ball way too long in that clip. I’m concerned.

Just kidding. That’s exactly what they were working on in the other clip a few were “concerned” about…

Well, since you wanted to go there...

They are actually two clearly different drills. In the first one where I made my comment, it was a straight drop back. The other qb in the drill made his throw nearly 2 seconds sooner than Fields - for seemingly the exact same drill. Yes, I get that it's one drill, we don't see the receiver to the know the route, if the receivers ran the same route, etc.

In the drill in this clip, it is clearly not a straight drop back. It is play action and they are drilling moving around and keeping the base - ie, the comment on it being about footwork. So, not really worried about the time to throw on this one.

Look, I get it - overanalysis during the dead time of the year. I think it's great that he clearly continuing to work and hone his craft. All good things.

I just go back to the recent Hoge and Jahns podcast (the one with Dionne Miller) where they commented they would feel a lot better if they could see a 'clean' 7 on 7 drill with Fields as apparently they really had not seen one this offseason. They noted he needs to make quicker decisions, quicker throws, on time, and obviously to the correct read/receiver. These are all legitimate concerns and a big area for growth and improvement for Fields.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He held the ball way too long in that clip. I’m concerned.

Just kidding. That’s exactly what they were working on in the other clip a few were “concerned” about…

Yeah, the hitch is to help with timing of routes.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It says execs, players and coaches.

He is a good player but probably not worth the money he is probably seeking.
No LB is worth that money but he’s going to get it. I gotta imagine Poles is going to keep Eberflus happy and give Quan a big deal.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
With no other proven receivers, expect Mooney to be consistently double covered.
It didn’t happen last year when ARob was trash and Nagy was calling the worst plays in the NFL.. so I don’t think it will happen this year. Can’t sleep on guys like Kmet and Pringle in this type of offense.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you really think they doubled Robinson all last season? Or our other receivers not named Mooney?? Please…

No. Teams stopped double covering ARob about halfway thru the season in 2021.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well, since you wanted to go there...

They are actually two clearly different drills. In the first one where I made my comment, it was a straight drop back. The other qb in the drill made his throw nearly 2 seconds sooner than Fields - for seemingly the exact same drill. Yes, I get that it's one drill, we don't see the receiver to the know the route, if the receivers ran the same route, etc.

In the drill in this clip, it is clearly not a straight drop back. It is play action and they are drilling moving around and keeping the base - ie, the comment on it being about footwork. So, not really worried about the time to throw on this one.

Look, I get it - overanalysis during the dead time of the year. I think it's great that he clearly continuing to work and hone his craft. All good things.

I just go back to the recent Hoge and Jahns podcast (the one with Dionne Miller) where they commented they would feel a lot better if they could see a 'clean' 7 on 7 drill with Fields as apparently they really had not seen one this offseason. They noted he needs to make quicker decisions, quicker throws, on time, and obviously to the correct read/receiver. These are all legitimate concerns and a big area for growth and improvement for Fields.
It was a drop back drill, not a throwing drill.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IIRC the context was they haven't seen enough to judge because of limited access. It will be a concern if he doesn't show improved processing speed in camp (and scramble less in 7 on 7). Hoge has expressed frustration a few times that not seeing back to back practices makes it hard to gauge player improvement.