Brian Urlacher hints some CTE claims are made up

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but he isn't lying. I am sure there are some claims to just get money. That being said, with no proof he probably shouldn't be spouting that on air.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but he isn't lying. I am sure there are some claims to just get money. That being said, with no proof he probably shouldn't be spouting that on air.
you can suspect it ,but no way you can be sure of it

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Just like the pot heads and their made up issues

Reactions: DC

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering you won't know until you're dead, he has no idea whether they have CTE or not

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

yuck
Couldn't you have gone with Dave Duerson who committed suicide with a gunshot wound to the chest to preserve his brain for scientists to confirm that he had CTE (and it was confirmed)?

I am guessing that there are some ex-players who are taking advantage of the lawsuit because, after all, you cannot prove that they don't have it while they are alive. Some were brutally underpaid during their NFL careers and now they have wrecked bodies and no money to live on.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Considering Urlacher was a side step arm tackler, its safe to say he doesnt understand how any one else got CTE.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A lot of ignorance shown by Urlacher and those supporting him. CTE cannot be diagnosed until you are dead. As far as I am aware every single NFL player suspected of CTE has in fact been shown to have it upon death.

Further you can't make money from claiming CTE during your life because again it can't be diagnosed during your life. You could only get compensated for the effects of CTE ie by exhibiting some really condition such as dementia so it is quite absurd for Urlacher to think NFL players are someone tricking doctors and faking legit medical conditions.

In short, Urlacher is a moron.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This Board: Players would never falsify a CTE claim for money.

Also this board: Watson's accusers falsified claims for money.

This is an absolutely stupid post. You can't falsify a CTE claim for money because CTE cannot be diagnosed during life. Further any claim after death would require confirmation via examination. The only thing you can claim in life is some underlying medical condition that is the result of CTE such as dementia. Get educated before you try and back up something that is medically and scientifically impossible for someone to do while alive.

I am guessing that there are some ex-players who are taking advantage of the lawsuit because, after all, you cannot prove that they don't have it while they are alive. Some were brutally underpaid during their NFL careers and now they have wrecked bodies and no money to live on.

How? What insurance company grants claims with no evidence so how can you claim CTE without any evidence of it. Again if you were going to file a claim you would do so naming an illness you can prove like dementia.