Ruh Roh....Bears hold out

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey Roquan, how about honoring the contract you have voluntarily signed?

People like that, I have no use for.
Neither side treats contracts as set in stone, it's just not the reality of NFL compensation. Plus there is a ton of precedence that players entering y5 that have performed at Roquan's level are expected to be considered for a new deal.

I'm assuming Poles is working with him on new money and this is just a negotiating tactic. If he isn't, that would be a very strong indicator that Poles is out of touch with the current NFL landscape. I doubt that's the case.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This team needs a lot of talent in the next 2 years to make a playoff run. Why not keep one of the best ILB’s in the game. It’s one less position that need to be filled. Pay him.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Pay him or not Poles. If you do, great. Try to get him at the cheapest you can even if that amount is high. If not, then let him sit out, let him get fined, and let him sit out. Or trade him. Either one works for me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This team needs a lot of talent in the next 2 years to make a playoff run. Why not keep one of the best ILB’s in the game. It’s one less position that need to be filled. Pay him.
Don’t you people realize there’s two sides? We have no clue what Quan wants. Just wait and see already

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I like his play but yo be honest, with this being a rebuild and him going into second contract, why pay crazy money for a defensive player that likely won’t be around for too much of a turnaround if and when that happens!

But, what could you possibly get for him?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like his play but yo be honest, with this being a rebuild and him going into second contract, why pay crazy money for a defensive player that likely won’t be around for too much of a turnaround if and when that happens!

But, what could you possibly get for him?
Because nfl rebuilds aren’t like baseball hockey basketball. You can turn things around pretty fast in the nfl if you make the right hires

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see an issue. We have 100 million in cap room next year and if Justin Fields is the guy we still don't have to do shit until 2024! It seems the Bears can afford it. I say pay him.