*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I find it doubtful any team would give up a 1st and then sign him to a mega contract. I even doubt he would get a high 2nd.
Agreed. Which kinda tells you what an off the ball LB is worth in terms of a new contract.

Hard to swallow paying him $20M per season for that position. He’s no Urlacher.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has progressively gotten dumber and dumber over the past 5 years. He needs to get checked. But i would love for the Bears to be on the other end of one of those trades for once and it would be even more incredible if they did it while trading away a player that isn't at a premium position, which is why its ridiculous to begin with.

One day, the Bears will make off like bandits in a trade. One day I tell ya

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Soon someone is calling for Vildor.

Just think of all the awful trades the Bears have been in

1st rounder for Mirer (eventually became Springs)
Trading down for McNown(turned out to be Champ Bailey)
Traded Thomas Jones
Traded Greg Olsen
Traded Martellus Bennett
Traded Brandon Marshall(but did trade for him)
Traded for Cutler
Traded up for Trubisky
Traded up for Anthony Miller
Stood pat and selected Enis when Jax offered 2 1sts(Fred Taylor and Donovan Darius)
Traded with NYJ and ended up with Grossman & Haynes, could have had several other elite players

Pace had a history of other failed trades--Fields is still TBD but Jenkins looks like a massive bust as he practices with the 2nd unit

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just think of all the awful trades the Bears have been in

1st rounder for Mirer (eventually became Springs)
Trading down for McNown(turned out to be Champ Bailey)
Traded Thomas Jones
Traded Greg Olsen
Traded Martellus Bennett
Traded Brandon Marshall(but did trade for him)
Traded for Cutler
Traded up for Trubisky
Traded up for Anthony Miller
Stood pat and selected Enis when Jax offered 2 1sts(Fred Taylor and Donovan Darius)
Traded with NYJ and ended up with Grossman & Haynes, could have had several other elite players

Pace had a history of other failed trades--Fields is still TBD but Jenkins looks like a massive bust as he practices with the 2nd unit
This post hurt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find it doubtful any team would give up a 1st and then sign him to a mega contract. I even doubt he would get a high 2nd.

Yeah it would probably need to be a team that thinks he is their missing piece.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Report is that the contract isn't close to what he's looking for. Maybe give your best player a contract worth signing?
What?

Are you just being a contrarion?

I know it's been a while but managing the cap is a thing. It's a good thing to have a front office that is not just giving out contracts willy nilly.

This is a normal part of the process. Bears have had stars hold out before like every team. Shit, even Urlacher held out as part of negotiations.

Also, not Roquan's first time.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You bet your ass they would. But all off-season it's been nothing but "how is this Poles fault" and every move he makes is the right one. Every move he doesn't make is the wrong one. All of these moves help Fields even though many of them really don't. Lets face it, we're at a new cupcake phase of the latest GM who most people outside of this fanbase would say has has a rocky and underwhelming start. Doesn't mean he's bad or will be bad.
Rocky how?

I mean Poles certainly has not proven anything yet and I would not suggest he is above reproach.

But what specifically do you think he should have done that he has not?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s just part of the game. It’s a part of how the nfl is structured that the fans don’t like. Some of it is in case of injury. Some of it is a negotiating tactic. Allot of these guys are lucky to get that second contract and their agents job is to maximize it. All the other major sports have guaranteed contracts so can’t blame the players here for making sure they are locked in legit contracts
This.

It's how negotiations are structured in the NFL. Holding out is one of the only tools players have for leverage.

When a player holds out it doesn't mean shit one way or another on it's own. Just part of the process.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rocky how?

I mean Poles certainly has not proven anything yet and I would not suggest he is above reproach.

But what specifically do you think he should have done that he has not?
Rocky as in his big splash FA signing was injured and he missed out on other FAs in that process. He underbid on Ryan Bates RFA offer. 3 of his FAs have been arrested. The awful look of firing Soup Campbell during holiday vacation. Listen to any single professional podcast that talks about the Bears and they'll say this has been a rocky start. This isn't contrarian stuff, this is basically a universal thought.

I think he should have put more of an emphasis on building the offense around to help support Justin Fields, rather than do the thing the Bears have been doing the last 100 years that rarely ever works.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
So who gets cut with the 2 OL signings?