**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not defending the play as much as I'm saying it is mostly irrelevant to the overall picture. You all are overreacting to it and making a big deal out of it. The Bears had already screwed him over at that point. We dont even know the trye extent to his injury either as he sat out the following weeks. Msybe he wss being safe, maybe he wasnt at 100%.

And yes, despite dropping one TD pass, he was being phased out of the gameplan. I dont get how that os even a point. The amount of targets speak for themselves.

Arob has never been a separation receiver. Yet that never stopped him.from averaging 9-10 targets a game the previous 3 seasons. He was a possession guy who was always in the right spot and was going to beat his man for the ball. And He did so during some really dark and depressing seasons for the offense...bottom 5 offenses. Literally the only guy other teams had to worry about and he always performed.

Sp the fact He showed up week after week for us for 3 years and gas always kept his head down and worked hard, Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to trust him that he was wrongfully treated. And when he bounces back this season its going to prove he never dropped in talent, but was under utilized.

Yes he does not get great separation and wins due being good at contested catches. Which means he is precisely the kind of WR your QB is not going to trust if he now is half assing there.

I have watched the All 22 of every single game this year. Fields did not trust throwing ARob the ball. Part of that again is the fact Fields doesn't throw with anticipation yet but part of that was the fact ARob wasn't playing like the guy who made up for poor separation by being good at contested catches. His lack of effort eliminated the main thing he was really good at.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
giphy.gif

View attachment 21202

Never gets old...

Canth

Liked Posts:
The 2020 team only made the playoffs because the NFL added a participation playoff seed and the Bears got extremely lucky that whatever team needed to win week 17 didn't because the Bears lost their game and backed in. If the 7th seed existed in 2012, the Emery Bears are in. OOPS!

At the end of the day, Pace got 7 years to draft Fields. He had much better draft resources because he was allowed to have a shitty team for so many years. Not a single year did Pace bring his team into the modern day of the NFL. His tenure was putrid and it cant be overstated.

I think we all hope that Fields ends up being one of the few really good moves that Pace made.

Some of my frustrations with Pace though was that he always seems to be in a bidding war against himself. It's not just who he signed, but how much he overpaid whether in cash, draft picks, or both. He did not seem to have much patience once he zeroed in on a player that he wanted to acquire. And a corollary to that is he -really- zeroed in on 'his' guys, that whole deal they made about putting a 'bears' sticker next to their guys. So, he wasn't flexible to consider a bigger cloud of players - hence always trading up. That meant he paid a premium to get a player that wasn't too different or better that could have been had for a lot less.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yes he does not get great separation and wins due being good at contested catches. Which means he is precisely the kind of WR your QB is not going to trust if he now is half assing there.

I have watched the All 22 of every single game this year. Fields did not trust throwing ARob the ball. Part of that again is the fact Fields doesn't throw with anticipation yet but part of that was the fact ARob wasn't playing like the guy who made up for poor separation by being good at contested catches. His lack of effort eliminated the main thing he was really good at.

I think the other aspect of the trust issue is that I never got the impression that ARob spent any time with Fields. Part of that is likely age and being at very different points of their careers. But, sooo many people talk about how important it is for the qb and wr's to have chemistry and to get to know each other on and off the field - offseason workouts together, etc. We have consistently heard that Mooney from the outset spent a lot of time with Fields. I don't ever remember reading or hearing about ARob doing any of that. He didn't make an effort to get to know Fields or develop chemistry or trust with him.

We just heard today from Kmet how that one really big play they connected was a route/play that they have practiced together on their own basically this whole offseason. Each of them knew what the other was going to do. That stuff matters.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet has some nice hands.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry I scrolled down to get the latest news but got this; could you repeat?611CBAB3-95C6-4217-B553-0F8E45584B00.png

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought today was a closed practice?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Earlier in this thread I posted a link to the N’Keal all 22 and discussed him a bit.

I forgot to mention how surprised I was to see how much separation he got. For a dude with his speed, he got some good space on CBs, but he was usually overthrown or under thrown and had to adjust.

Now, I’m just a dude watching the film, so I can’t speak to the routes he’s running or any of that, but they looked good and the separation was nice to see. It wasn’t on every play, but it happened. So, as I said earlier, he’s a Mack truck who needs to run straight. He may surprise us this year.

Regardless of anything, I’ll be happy with above average run blocking on a consistent basis and 2-3 receptions a game.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, we could always draft one.

Sorry, these are the Bears. We don't draft WRs in the first round.
None of McLaurin, Metcalf, or Samuel were drafted in the first.

McLaurin 74th overall
Metcalf 64th overall
Samuel 36th overall

VJJ 71st overall
Kevin White 7th overall

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the other aspect of the trust issue is that I never got the impression that ARob spent any time with Fields. Part of that is likely age and being at very different points of their careers. But, sooo many people talk about how important it is for the qb and wr's to have chemistry and to get to know each other on and off the field - offseason workouts together, etc. We have consistently heard that Mooney from the outset spent a lot of time with Fields. I don't ever remember reading or hearing about ARob doing any of that. He didn't make an effort to get to know Fields or develop chemistry or trust with him.

We just heard today from Kmet how that one really big play they connected was a route/play that they have practiced together on their own basically this whole offseason. Each of them knew what the other was going to do. That stuff matters.

Agreed. It appeared ARob figured he was not going to be around long so no point trying to build that relationship. Another reason why he felt perfectly comfortable walking off the field in the middle of a Fields' scramble.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This and to be fair, the route trees Nagy gave them didn't help but that wasn't to intentionally hinder him. Just Nagy being dumb Nagy like any other year.