Should the Bears get out ahead of it and fire Matt Meathead?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously, he’s had so many scandals and broken so many rules already and the season hasn’t even started yet.

There’s still time to fire him and hire someone else who can rid the Bears of Meathead’s disastrous and outdated HITS philosophy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Seriously, he’s had so many scandals and broken so many rules already and the season hasn’t even started yet.

There’s still time to fire him and hire someone else who can rid the Bears of Meathead’s disastrous and outdated HITS philosophy.
How many rules has he broke? Will he get a detention?

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Reasons why CRM114 chose to dislike our new coach:
  • Didn't like his name -- not footbally enough.
  • Flus is a defensive guy -- Holy crap, what a disaster! How's he ever going to develop Fields (while conveniently forgetting the "offensive guru" we just got rid of had no idea how to develop our QB)!
  • No way Poles really wanted this guy.
  • I gotta hate somebody, so it may as well be him.
That's 4 things just off the top of my head. Feel free to add to this list.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Reasons why CRM114 chose to dislike our new coach:
  • Didn't like his name -- not footbally enough.
  • Flus is a defensive guy -- Holy crap, what a disaster! How's he ever going to develop Fields (while conveniently forgetting the "offensive guru" we just got rid of had no idea how to develop our QB)!
  • No way Poles really wanted this guy.
  • I gotta hate somebody, so it may as well be him.
That's 4 things just off the top of my head. Feel free to add to this list.
Eberflus wasn't a high profile candidate. Literally no one here was hoping he was the hire. Poles either for that matter.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
need a list of said scandals and rules broken

Him and Poles are gutting the team of talent, leaving Fields with no help around him his crucial second year.

Refused to condem Jack Del Rio’s comments

Numerous instances of him letting practices get too physical

Installation of the toxic HITS principle, which encourages unnecessary violence and roughness and led to Olin Kreutz punching one of his coworkers at CHGO headquarters.

Just to name a few...

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Eberflus wasn't a high profile candidate. Literally no one here was hoping he was the hire. Poles either for that matter.
Except for your last sentence I agree with what you are saying. But he got the job. The least we can do as fans is give the guy a break until he proves definitively that he can't do the job. That would be the appropriate time to eviscerate him, not before he has even coached one game.

mecha

Liked Posts:
@CRM 114 hey cockhead. you remember that shit that CCS was talking about ad nauseum about the state of the cap and all the draft picks Pace traded away for probably next to nothing? Poles had to, in one offseason mind you, attempt to balance the books (which means you get rid of expensive players) and try his hardest to draft new players with the empty cupboard gimmick again (think back about 7.5 years) and my life doesn't revolve around drafts and practices, I'm not really certain he drafted good players. but a lot of people here seemed to like the direction he was taking the team. I still think offensive head coaches are jackoffs, the only way they work is if they're like McVay or Reid. meaning they have to have some spectacular output on offense. I was thus a proponent of getting away from the stink of Nagy and especially the 3-4 defense. I like Eberflus in theory, we'll see how it translates in real games.

the way I see it is this: the Bears can be passably decent with this alleged inferior/worst ever talent, or they wind up very bad. some people here would dismiss them as failures if they went 15-2 if the 2 losses were to the Packers ever.

in either scenario it's not going to ruin my day. I've existed on this planet probably almost twice as long as you have, my expectations for this team have been quite tempered. I actually saw the end of Ditka, Wannstedt, and Jauron, they were all bad enough I just gave up on football for several years.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@CRM 114 hey cockhead. you remember that shit that CCS was talking about ad nauseum about the state of the cap and all the draft picks Pace traded away for probably next to nothing? Poles had to, in one offseason mind you, attempt to balance the books (which means you get rid of expensive players) and try his hardest to draft new players with the empty cupboard gimmick again (think back about 7.5 years) and my life doesn't revolve around drafts and practices, I'm not really certain he drafted good players. but a lot of people here seemed to like the direction he was taking the team. I still think offensive head coaches are jackoffs, the only way they work is if they're like McVay or Reid. meaning they have to have some spectacular output on offense. I was thus a proponent of getting away from the stink of Nagy and especially the 3-4 defense. I like Eberflus in theory, we'll see how it translates in real games.

the way I see it is this: the Bears can be passably decent with this alleged inferior/worst ever talent, or they wind up very bad. some people here would dismiss them as failures if they went 15-2 if the 2 losses were to the Packers ever.

in either scenario it's not going to ruin my day. I've existed on this planet probably almost twice as long as you have, my expectations for this team have been quite tempered. I actually saw the end of Ditka, Wannstedt, and Jauron, they were all bad enough I just gave up on football for several years.
Hey cockhead, it is a bears message board. Expect bears fan opinions about the bears. You seem severely conflicted

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Installation of the toxic HITS principle, which encourages unnecessary violence and roughness and led to Olin Kreutz punching one of his coworkers at CHGO headquarters.
What kind of participation trophy nancy boy thinks
  • H: Hustle
  • I: Intensity
  • T: Taking the ball away
  • S: Situationally smart

are toxic principles?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What kind of participation trophy nancy boy thinks
  • H: Hustle
  • I: Intensity
  • T: Taking the ball away
  • S: Situationally smart

are toxic principles?

You silly Eberflus supporters can twist this whatever way you want. The fact of the matter is that the HITS principle has led to practices getting too physical and a CHGO employee being assaulted by a former Bear.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
You silly Eberflus supporters can twist this whatever way you want. The fact of the matter is that the HITS principle has led to practices getting too physical and a CHGO employee being assaulted by a former Bear.
Bro you are hopeless. I feel certain that the only reason you got a Like from HeHateMe was he was laughing so hard he spewed coffee out his nose.