**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No offense but i'm not going to read all of that. Again no offense but i just don't care enough to keep going back and forth about the fact that i think and will keep thinking Poles' offseason has been underwhelming. This is my opinion and many others feel the same way because i was in all the threads after free agency signings stopped and the draft was over and many were and are not happy with what Poles has done so far. Maybe some of them have changed their minds after the signings of Reiff and Schofield but i wouldn't know if that's true or not.
And again, you never explained to us what you would have done that would have made this a positive offseason. What moves would you have made?

Beside the usual suspects who always bash the Bears I did not see many posters if any at all say this was an underwhelming offseason.

There were a lot of posters who would have signed other FA’s or draft different players, but even they understood why Poles did what he did.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And again, you never explained to us what you would have done that would have made this a positive offseason. What moves would you have made?

Beside the usual suspects who always bash the Bears I did not see many posters if any at all say this was an underwhelming offseason.

There were a lot of posters who would have signed other FA’s or draft different players, but even they understood why Poles did what he did.
Can't remember every free agent out there that i wanted the Bears to look at but i'll throw down some of the players i did want us to look at on offense to help our 2nd year QB. I didn't want any of the top names like T.Armstead because of how much he would get and his injury issues.

WR
DJ Chark
JuJu
R.Gage
C.Wilson
B.Pringle--i actually did want to sign him.
J.Grant--I wanted to bring him back but after adding Velus and T.Ebner i'm good with our slot/KR/PR spots.

OL
L.Collins
Lake Tomlinson
Alex Cappa
R.Bates--was really hoping our offer would get him but they quickly matched it.

I know i'm forgetting some names but these are some names i wanted us to look at.

Now the draft
WR
Sky Moore--Am a huge fan of this kid
G.Pickens--even with his very tiny hands
A.Pierce
Danny Gray--he was my mid/late round sleeper

OL
N.Petit Frere
A.Lucas
B.Raimann
D.Faalele

I actually was good with the Braxton Jones pick in the 5th.

Now you can tell me how we couldn't or wouldn't get these guys for whatever reason or how they wouldn't of been good for us or say whatever you choose to make your argument, but i'm done going back and forth with 3-4-5 of you about this. My mind will stay that it's been an underwhelming offseason but i'm still sticking with waiting on the 2023 offseason to make my judgment on R.Poles.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't remember every free agent out there that i wanted the Bears to look at but i'll throw down some of the players i did want us to look at on offense to help our 2nd year QB. I didn't want any of the top names like T.Armstead because of how much he would get and his injury issues.

WR
DJ Chark
JuJu
R.Gage
C.Wilson
J.Grant--I wanted to bring him back but after adding Velus and T.Ebner i'm good with our slot/KR/PR spots.

OL
L.Collins
Lake Tomlinson
Alex Cappa

I know i'm forgetting some names but these are some names i wanted us to look at.

Now the draft
WR
A.Pierce

OL
N.Petit Frere
A.Lucas
B.Raimann
D.Faalele

Now you can tell me how we couldn't or wouldn't get these guys for whatever reason or how they wouldn't of been good for us or say whatever you choose to make your argument, but i'm done going back and forth with 3-4-5 of you about this. My mind will stay that it's been an underwhelming offseason but i'm still sticking with waiting on the 2023 offseason to make my judgment on R.Poles.
Can you get the fuck out of the news thread? This isn’t the fucktarded opinions thread

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

WR
DJ Chark
JuJu
R.Gage
C.Wilson

OL
L.Collins
Lake Tomlinson
Alex Cappa

Now the draft
WR
A.Pierce

OL
N.Petit Frere
A.Lucas
B.Raimann
D.Faalele

FIxpPU1X0AQbJ_9.png

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Robinson has all the talent and skill a WR could want in this league, and I hope the best for him. I am rooting for the Rams to maintain their success if only because it will keep Rodgers from getting another ring.

The 49ers and Bucs can take care of that business.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

I mean shit I was down to trade and pay Diggs, Metcalf. Terry and Diontae all in one offseason. Holla!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

WR
DJ Chark
JuJu
R.Gage
C.Wilson

OL
L.Collins
Lake Tomlinson
Alex Cappa

Now the draft
WR
A.Pierce

OL
N.Petit Frere
A.Lucas
B.Raimann
D.Faalele

Ok so you listed a bunch of players. I’m sure a lot of people here would have wanted them too.

Now actually think like our current GM Ryan Poles. He said from the beginning he wants to build through the draft and will be looking at tier 2 and 3 guys in FA. He doesn’t have a ton of money to spend.

For Free Agent Wrs:
He signed Byron Pringle to a pretty fair deal. He didn’t overspend for a bigger name one year rental. You just admitted you wanted Poles to sign him.

Poles checked the box for Wrs

For Free Agent OL:
Poles went after Bates but unfortunately did not get him. He didn’t do anything immediately but this week signed two solid enough OL to help anchor the line at reasonable price points. They will allow the young draft picks to learn. Again, he improved the line and didn’t spend a lot of money doing it.

Poles checked the box for OL

Drafts Picks:
Poles added two solid DBs which the Bears desperately needed. He than managed to get a speedy Wr which again you just admitted your good with in the slot. He drafted enough OL to learn and fight for positions in the near future.
And your Ok with Jones.

Poles checked the box for draft picks

So again, how did Poles have an underwhelming offseason?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok so you listed a bunch of players. I’m sure a lot of people here would have wanted them too.

Now actually think like our current GM Ryan Poles. He said from the beginning he wants to build through the draft and will be looking at tier 2 and 3 guys in FA. He doesn’t have a ton of money to spend.

For Free Agent Wrs:
He signed Byron Pringle to a pretty fair deal. He didn’t overspend for a bigger name one year rental. You just admitted you wanted Poles to sign him.

Poles checked the box for Wrs

For Free Agent OL:
Poles went after Bates but unfortunately did not get him. He didn’t do anything immediately but this week signed two solid enough OL to help anchor the line at reasonable price points. They will allow the young draft picks to learn. Again, he improved the line and didn’t spend a lot of money doing it.

Poles checked the box for OL

Drafts Picks:
Poles added two solid DBs which the Bears desperately needed. He than managed to get a speedy Wr which again you just admitted your good with in the slot. He drafted enough OL to learn and fight for positions in the near future.
And your Ok with Jones.

Poles checked the box for draft picks

So again, how did Poles have an underwhelming offseason?
So i have to start with the first one i highlighted because it gave me a really good laugh for a good 25/30 seconds that Poles signing Pringle meant he checked the box for WR's so thank you for that and Hahahaha, no he didn't.

He went after Bates but didn't get him and somehow that's a positive....Hmmmmmm.

Did he check the box for the OL and is this OL better than last years? I'll hold judgment on that but leaning towards last years being better or about the same.
J.Peters
C.Whitehair
S.Mustipher--Our new C until Patrick gets back.
J.Daniels
L.Borom

R.Reiff--Upgrade over Peters?? Ummmmm not sure on that.
C.Whitehair
L.Patrick/S.Mustipher--Our new C in Patrick that played well in a very minima amount of starts with GB. I like him but none of us know how good he'll be as a full time starter.
M.Schofield--better than Daniels? Probably not
L.Borom.

I hated the Velus Jones pick in the 3rd round and most on here did and that's an absolute fact. The guy is 25 years old but he has some serious skillz so hopefully he'll end up being a good player for us that can play multiple roles. Nver said i was OK with Velus, said i was good with him and Ebner to take over for what J.Grant was giving us, but i'm not against Velus, just where we drafted him (3rd round which nobody had him going that early) and some of the players we drafted him over that were still on the board.

I loved both the K.Gordon and J.Brisker picks and both positions were much needed but guess what? Many other positions were and still are much needed as well with some of those needs on offense because you better believe that for this thing to work, it starts with Justin Fields growing and giving him more help on offense would've helped that. Tell me i'm wrong on that?

Listen..........FOR ME the offseason was underwhelming for sure, now that doesn't mean that this team and many of these players Poles brought in can't change that to me being happy with some of the moves i'm down on, but as of now it's underwhelming.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean shit I was down to trade and pay Diggs, Metcalf. Terry and Diontae all in one offseason. Holla!
You were? I would of never noticed....Hahahaha....? ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh, I am not even bothering about the actual play, but for someone to say, "who gives a fuck" for one of the few football related discussion in months is completely silly.

More football talk and less ... everything else. Right now it is about 1% football and 99% everything else.

So right on schedule?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So i have to start with the first one i highlighted because it gave me a really good laugh for a good 25/30 seconds that Poles signing Pringle meant he checked the box for WR's so thank you for that and Hahahaha, no he didn't.

He went after Bates but didn't get him and somehow that's a positive....Hmmmmmm.

Did he check the box for the OL and is this OL better than last years? I'll hold judgment on that but leaning towards last years being better or about the same.
J.Peters
C.Whitehair
J.Daniels
L.Borom

C.Whitehair
L.Patrick/S.Mustipher--Our new C in Patrick that played well in a very minima amount of starts with GB. I like him but none of us know how good he'll be as a full time starter.
L.Borom.

I hated the Velus Jones pick in the 3rd round and most on here did and that's an absolute fact. The guy is 25 years old but he has some serious skillz so hopefully he'll end up being a good player for us that can play multiple roles. Nver said i was OK with Velus, said i was good with him and Ebner to take over for what J.Grant was giving us, but i'm not against Velus, just where we drafted him (3rd round which nobody had him going that early) and some of the players we drafted him over that were still on the board.

I loved both the K.Gordon and J.Brisker picks and both positions were much needed but guess what? Many other positions were and still are much needed as well with some of those needs on offense because you better believe that for this thing to work, it starts with Justin Fields growing and giving him more help on offense would've helped that. Tell me i'm wrong on that?

Listen..........FOR ME the offseason was underwhelming for sure, now that doesn't mean that this team and many of these players Poles brought in can't change that to me being happy with some of the moves i'm down on, but as of now it's underwhelming.
Let me make one thing very clear - I'm rooting for Ryan Poles to become the next great GM in the NFL for my Bears.

The Bears being relevant and a championship contending team is always the #1 goal.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

J.Peters
C.Whitehair
J.Daniels
L.Borom

C.Whitehair
L.Borom.

So you are underwhelmed that Poles was unable to completely upgrade the OL, WR corps, DB's and "Many other positions were and still are much needed," in a single offseasn with depleted draft picks and cap space left behind after 7 yrs of the guy with whom you share a lingual testicular anastomosis?

I've heard of temporal bias, but scrotal bias is a new one on me.

Last edited: