**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So she finds him guilty of 4 cases of nonviolent sexual assault, and posing a danger to the well being of another, lying to her and showing a complete lack of remorse for his conduct worthy of a 6 week vacation, because he was a 1st time offenderor is it 4 ...err 24 times and had an "excellent reputation" for not being a sleaze bag before discovering he was a complete sleaze bag.

Good to see a strong message about habitual predatory sexual assault being taken by the judge and the NFL.

Girlfriend: I can't believe I caught you sleeping with my friend.

Boyfriend: It was 1 mistake

Girlfriend: You slept with 24 of my friends over the last year.

Boyfriend: Yeah but this is the 1st time you found out about it and before that my reputation with you was flawless. How about I call you in 6 weeks and forget about the whole thing.

The issue is the precendent for cases like this as set by the NFL is 6 games. If the NFL wants to impose longer suspensions for this behavior then they need to actually give players fair warning.

You dont get credit in court for the cases you dont present. NFL presented 5 not 24 cases.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
3 and 4 years at $56 mil compared to 5-15 mil for 1 year, kinda a big difference. I'll still take the two that play significantly better than Reiff and Schofield.

Yes the big difference is if they suck Bears dont have a ton of money committed beyond this year. If they are good, Bears get to see them play well in their system before rewarding them and still will likely not have to pay them as much as Collins and Cappa.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes the big difference is if they suck Bears dont have a ton of money committed beyond this year. If they are good, Bears get to see them play well in their system before rewarding them and still will likely not have to pay them as much as Collins and Cappa.
Good news for Cincy then, Collins and Cappa are both good.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Protection from the OL/Blockers, WR's that know how to run good routes and have good hands and give full effort, the coaching staff doing their part by calling good play calls that will help Fields and then it comes down to Fields fixing his own issues like learning how to let the ball go when it needs to go which he wasn't good at last year, learning how to throw a guy open. It looks like he's done a good job changing/shortening his throwing motion and fixing his footwork but we'll see if that translates to actual games.
So based on all of this, do you believe Fields is going to develop this season?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jenkins on the trade block. There must be really bad blood between him and the organization.

Or he just doesn't fit the blocking scheme. More of a mauler and this scheme prefers smaller quicker linemen. Sometimes you just have to realize no point trying to fit a square peg in a round hold.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
well he is gone. Once you are put on the trade block, it is almost 100% that he will be traded. We will see what Poles gets back for him.
The speculation appears to focus on Jenkins going the Falcons with that Pace connection. If that is the case I would rather trade for one of their RT's McGary, or Mayfield who both had subpar seasons, but are young and still have a lot of potential.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Or he just doesn't fit the blocking scheme. More of a mauler and this scheme prefers smaller quicker linemen. Sometimes you just have to realize no point trying to fit a square peg in a round hold.
That can be tough though. How many times have we had coaches that wanted players that "fit" their scheme but their scheme was trash? We literally traded away Greg Olsen because of this? We have exactly ZERO studs on our O-line. I don't think now is the time to trade away any of them. I don't see how Jenkins has ANY leverage. The Bears can literally just sit him and he won't get a 2nd contract. It's in his best interest to play. Jenkins may very well end up being a bust. I just don't see the logic of value in trading him away.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That can be tough though. How many times have we had coaches that wanted players that "fit" their scheme but their scheme was trash? We literally traded away Greg Olsen because of this? We have exactly ZERO studs on our O-line. I don't think now is the time to trade away any of them. I don't see how Jenkins has ANY leverage. The Bears can literally just sit him and he won't get a 2nd contract. It's in his best interest to play. Jenkins may very well end up being a bust. I just don't see the logic of value in trading him away.

I mean, I don't think they are trading Jenkins because he is not a scheme fit. I think they are trading him because he's an asshole. And they are hiding him to maximize trade value, so the rest of the league doesn't know he's an immature doofus.

By the way, on Olsen, I'm glad we traded him. Great at catching the ball but would fall down if you blew on him. Anyway he had a better career than if he had stayed with the Bears, and its not like the Bears were ever just a TE away from competing. So glad they traded him, for HIS sake.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Until we hear more about Jenkins, Kaplan is filling an information vaccuum. It sucks to speculate on anything with a lack of info against someone claiming to know.
I would be inclined to call bullshit but there IS that interview with Tevin's college coach from last year....