**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I really don't see how a guy like Jenkins is worth anything in a trade. Are they hoping to get back the 7th they traded for the WR the Pats didn't want anymore??

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That can be tough though. How many times have we had coaches that wanted players that "fit" their scheme but their scheme was trash? We literally traded away Greg Olsen because of this? We have exactly ZERO studs on our O-line. I don't think now is the time to trade away any of them. I don't see how Jenkins has ANY leverage. The Bears can literally just sit him and he won't get a 2nd contract. It's in his best interest to play. Jenkins may very well end up being a bust. I just don't see the logic of value in trading him away.
I liked this but if a waste of space and you can get a 3, fuckit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That can be tough though. How many times have we had coaches that wanted players that "fit" their scheme but their scheme was trash? We literally traded away Greg Olsen because of this? We have exactly ZERO studs on our O-line. I don't think now is the time to trade away any of them. I don't see how Jenkins has ANY leverage. The Bears can literally just sit him and he won't get a 2nd contract. It's in his best interest to play. Jenkins may very well end up being a bust. I just don't see the logic of value in trading him away.

Umm an OL has 5 players. You can't have 4 guys zone blocking and Jenkins power blocking. The line has to work together.

This is different than WR where regardless of scheme you can have a WR run routes suited to him.

For an OL zone blocking it doesnt work if one guy is doing something different than than the other. Now of course teams still run a mix but I would imagine Bears want to run outside size like 70-80% of the time at a minimum.

I mean, I don't think they are trading Jenkins because he is not a scheme fit. I think they are trading him because he's an asshole. And they are hiding him to maximize trade value, so the rest of the league doesn't know he's an immature doofus.

By the way, on Olsen, I'm glad we traded him. Great at catching the ball but would fall down if you blew on him. Anyway he had a better career than if he had stayed with the Bears, and its not like the Bears were ever just a TE away from competing. So glad they traded him, for HIS sake.

Right because Bears fans can figure out he is an asshole but other NFL teams can't.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Remembering when dongbears applauded the signing of that Jets WR who had like 500 yards and then said that's not bad if you apply it to him being a 5th option on the Bears, like 5th options are going to just bring their starter opportunities with them.

George Carlin: Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
no graham nor jenkins...fuck going on?

Jenkums got mad when coach said he had Tyrannosaurus Rex hands on a giant baby huey body. Also Jenkums is half a rahtard

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well if the stats say they're the same players then that must be true cause stats are the end all be all remy.

Dont know what to tell you. If I sign a guy to protect the QB then the fact he gives up roughly the same pressures but 9 less penalties is important. Would you prefer I judge him on how good he looks in tights?

It would be like arguing that a guy with 1300 yards is oh so much better than a guy with 1295 yards. At the end of the day all I care about is protecting Fields and Reiff does that about as well as Collins with far less penalties. And he can play LT.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
His tape was round 1 material, like top 20 imo. He had a meh 40 in the off-season and I think that played a part in his slide. Which I think is stupid because he's the definition of an athletic freak by every other metric and even on film. The way he can move isn't the norm.

Man, ya gotta go all the way back to Tevin Jenkums to find a guy rated first round!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean, I don't think they are trading Jenkins because he is not a scheme fit. I think they are trading him because he's an asshole. And they are hiding him to maximize trade value, so the rest of the league doesn't know he's an immature doofus.

By the way, on Olsen, I'm glad we traded him. Great at catching the ball but would fall down if you blew on him. Anyway he had a better career than if he had stayed with the Bears, and its not like the Bears were ever just a TE away from competing. So glad they traded him, for HIS sake.

Being glad at trading Olsen because he wasn't a blocker is not a take I ever expected to see here.