**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your argument was Jenkins isn't a fit. It is plausible that Quan is not at fit as well. We know Roquan can play at this level which is something that can't be said yet (perhaps ever) of Jenkins. My question is, do you feel the same. If Roquan is not a fit for Flus do you agree with us letting him walk. I'm not talking about contract demands. I'm saying strictly from a scheme standpoint. Do you let Roquan walk if he isn't a fit for Flus' scheme?

Nope because at the time he was drafted I said he was an ideal fit as a WILL and actually thought he was undersized as a 3-4 ILB given they have to take on mlre blocks. Playing WILL hides his biggest weakness which is taking on blocks. In fact I think the reason why he bites on play action is because he is trying to get ahead of any would be blockers because he doesnt want to take on blockers. Something less likley to happen at WILL since they are left unblocked more.

By contrast outside zone exposes Jenkins to what he is least good at ie moving well laterally consistently.

But if I pretended Quan was not a scheme fit then yes I trade him rather than spend a bunch of money to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The other possibility is to combine him with a draft pick as the trade-up value. So, somthing like Jenkins and a 5/6th for a 4th round pick. Something like that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is a 2 time 2nd team all pro unlike the OL you are caping for.

Did he really try to correlate the Jenkins situation with Roquan's situation?

napo55

Liked Posts:
LOL fans better be prepared for a 5th round pick compensation. He isn't worth shit.
Why would a team give away a perfectly good draft pick for a player with significant health issues, not to mention questions about his motivation to play foorball?