Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think it's strange that so many people think that the Bears are dead last or next to dead last. They won 6 games last year with that shitshow of a coaching staff and offense. Talent wise, I don't think they have lost that much of players that actually played last year vs what they have on the roster now. So, I see them being pretty similar record wise this year. Maybe I'm being a homer, but I just don't understand why its a given they will take a big step back and be in any discussion for the #1 overall pick.
Fuck that noise, who cares about the W/L record this season?? I say we should tank and i dont care if we're 1-16 or 0-17. If they could plan it out, it should not fuck up the growth of the players, we can actually let the bench warmers play and get beaten in this season's 4th quarters unless we're play bad teams. Bears really don't have anything to play for this season other than pride, I could give two shits about the media and nobody should take anything personal. It's clear we are doing a unannounced roster rebuild, this is just the family's behind the scene way of letting us bears fans down easy without having a full blown armageddon on their hands from us, knowing that we want them to sell the team. Next season we can target the best free agent vets for the oline and draft the got damn best WR with our #1 pick.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the way they are already moving Kyler Gordon around indicates they are going to probably going to do what they can to ensure that Gordon and Johnson are covering the 2 better receiving options. It won't be perfect by any means, but it should make it slightly harder to pick on Vildor or whoever ends up being the 3rd CB.
It's early but can you imagine Vildor on a TE if that's their 3rd best.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Shit like this really makes me worry about Fields. They said this stuff about Mitch too.

And don’t give me the he’s in a new offense excuse. He was slow making decisions in college and it hasn’t gotten better in the NFL.
I hear ya, I really do

Buuuut it's what they say about basically every young QB

The great hope tho is that Fields is the one that finally breaks through

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
And the way they are already moving Kyler Gordon around indicates they are going to probably going to do what they can to ensure that Gordon and Johnson are covering the 2 better receiving options. It won't be perfect by any means, but it should make it slightly harder to pick on Vildor or whoever ends up being the 3rd CB.
By being able to move Gordon in whenever they’d like, it allows the boundary receiver to use the sideline as a 12th man and to have help over the top. Since Vildor is sticky, he can play the under with help above.

The boundary corner in the ‘Flus T2 isn’t the premier position; it’s the corner who he moves in and out that is. So, he can stay in a base 3LB shell and bring a safety over to the boundary while rotating Gordon in or he can go nickel and move Gordon inside while Vildor only has to stick the dude in his zone while a S has the over.

In other words, he may not be absolute garbage, as his responsibilities will align with his basura skills.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This was a very interesting interview. He was talking about how the most important aspects in this oline system were:

1. Athleticism
2. Time in the system (Takes a while to learn)

Mentioned how the Broncos back in the day could get a lot of starters that would spend a couple years as late picks or undrafted on the practice squad and then after a year or two learning it they’d become starters. Said the Packers have done some of that as well. Mentioned Patrick and Runyan as examples. Seemed pretty high on the scheme.

If this is all correct makes sense what Poles did. Draft a bunch of young athletic guys and let them develop. (The Bills guard fits this profile too). If you don’t need to spend a shit ton of draft capital on lineman and develop them over time that’d be great.

(And the reason he feels better about the line was the vet signings. He hasn’t actually watched them at camp. He just knew they were professional players)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he is a member of the Chicago Bears and this is a Bears forum. Pretty simple answer there
Obviously you don't have very good understanding of reading comprehension.

Reiff has not played one snap for the Bears yet. How is that relevant?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
this is surprising to me, a few days ago I would have thought it was Mooney Velus and Pringle top 3.....I guess GB sending ESB loose has lit a fire under his butt.

I think you need Pringle for his toughness but i'm hearing that Harry can make the tougher physical catches....and I keep hearing how talented Pettis is and he's a good PR....as is Newsome and Nsimba is talented as well....going to be interesting

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did he mention where he has them ranked now because after the signings i think he moved them up one spot to 31.
Dependent on TC injuries to other teams, I could see that moving to 30.5

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
this is surprising to me, a few days ago I would have thought it was Mooney Velus and Pringle top 3.....I guess GB sending ESB loose has lit a fire under his butt.

I think you need Pringle for his toughness but i'm hearing that Harry can make the tougher physical catches....and I keep hearing how talented Pettis is and he's a good PR....as is Newsome and Nsimba is talented as well....going to be interesting
I don't know how much we hear about the receiving corps is BS, but if Fields is to top 4000 yards, it is to his benefit that there are multiple guys behind Mooney that can do more than just chip in.

If we come out in classic 21 personnel, I expect the starting pair to be Mooney and ESB.