Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was a very interesting interview. He was talking about how the most important aspects in this oline system were:

1. Athleticism
2. Time in the system (Takes a while to learn)

Mentioned how the Broncos back in the day could get a lot of starters that would spend a couple years as late picks or undrafted on the practice squad and then after a year or two learning it they’d become starters. Said the Packers have done some of that as well. Mentioned Patrick and Runyan as examples. Seemed pretty high on the scheme.

If this is all correct makes sense what Poles did. Draft a bunch of young athletic guys and let them develop. (The Bills guard fits this profile too). If you don’t need to spend a shit ton of draft capital on lineman and develop them over time that’d be great.

(And the reason he feels better about the line was the vet signings. He hasn’t actually watched them at camp. He just knew they were professional players)
Why I liked his approach though I do understand drafting intended LTs high. It's been a mantra of mine that OL can be developed, especially G. It just usually takes a year or 2 for late round choices. Lets hope Jones is the exception.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By being able to move Gordon in whenever they’d like, it allows the boundary receiver to use the sideline as a 12th man and to have help over the top. Since Vildor is sticky, he can play the under with help above.

The boundary corner in the ‘Flus T2 isn’t the premier position; it’s the corner who he moves in and out that is. So, he can stay in a base 3LB shell and bring a safety over to the boundary while rotating Gordon in or he can go nickel and move Gordon inside while Vildor only has to stick the dude in his zone while a S has the over.

In other words, he may not be absolute garbage, as his responsibilities will align with his basura skills.
I agree with this and zone should be a better fit but I don't like him with his back to the ball. Bears sign a CB.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Obviously you don't have very good understanding of reading comprehension.

Reiff has not played one snap for the Bears yet. How is that relevant?
Go back to the original post I responded too. You might be the one who lacks reading comprehension skills.