Our third biggest cap hit this year….

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is going to QB’s NOT on this roster.

Dalton and Foles have a combined dead
Cap hit of 12.6 million. (That’s more than Whitehair)

29.2 million is going to:

- 2 backup QBs (for different teams)
- 2 retired players
- 1 TE still not on a roster
- a LT that hasn’t played here in 2 years.
- and a backup T on another team.

:Pace:

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Still, if he had hired an even halfway competent HC for 2018, we all may have thought it was totally worth it at this point.

Ok…maybe needed to have hit on the QB too.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I still can't get over that Trevathan contract. What was it, three void years? Someone in Halas Hall must have felt really, really clever when they drew that POS up.

Because he was a “leader”. That contract is why I roll my eyes anytime someone suggest paying for leadership.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Absolutely terrible cap management by Pace. I was concerned when he moved Cliff Stein to another role and brought over his boy from NO. Ultimately though, it was Pace signing and handing out those dumb deals but still….

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I still can't get over that Trevathan contract. What was it, three void years? Someone in Halas Hall must have felt really, really clever when they drew that POS up.
It didn't make any sense to re-sign him in the first place. He was clearly cooked, the Bears had the good fortune of his contract expiring right as that became obvious...yet they brought him back? On a three year deal for a guy who was basically retired.

I'll never really know what Pace was thinking that last off-season he was at the helm. He totally went off the rails.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Absolutely terrible cap management by Pace. I was concerned when he moved Cliff Stein to another role and brought over his boy from NO. Ultimately though, it was Pace signing and handing out those dumb deals but still….
I was just about to chime in about Cliff Stein, but you beat me to it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Everything pace did says more about the owner than pace. To pace it’s not his money all he needed to do is trick someone dumb enough into a contract extension. Between George and Ted he prob was pretty close to getting that extension. It took an outsider to show them what’s going on with the team just isn’t normal. Pace did some serious damage cause he was kept that one extra year.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I was just about to chime in about Cliff Stein, but you beat me to it.
It made no sense but luckily he’s back in his role now. It also seems like Poles is more fiscally responsible , although, Pace seemed that way too during his first couple years when he was tearing it down. Hopefully Poles stays that way and doesn’t dish out dumb deals to “his guys” like pace

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Everything pace did says more about the owner than pace. To pace it’s not his money all he needed to do is trick someone dumb enough into a contract extension. Between George and Ted he prob was pretty close to getting that extension. It took an outsider to show them what’s going on with the team just isn’t normal. Pace did some serious damage cause he was kept that one extra year.
Ownership is dumb, no doubt. But your money or not…giving those deals to Cohen/DT/Dalton/Burton …trading a 4th for Foles lol….just incompetent. I’m likely forgetting a few as well.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Cohen contract wasn't bad. You can't really do much about guys who have career ending injures, it's an ever-present risk that you just gotta accept.

I thought Ryan Pace would get better at the job the way almost everyone in the world gets better at something the longer they do it. Mistakes happen and its part of the learning process, you can't just fire everyone who makes a bad trade or bad signing here or there or you'll never have someone grow into the job. But Ryan Pace actually got worse as time went on and it culminated in a nuclear trainwreck of an off-season that destroyed most of the good things Pace did do in his time with the Bears.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The Cohen contract wasn't bad. You can't really do much about guys who have career ending injures, it's an ever-present risk that you just gotta accept.

I thought Ryan Pace would get better at the job the way almost everyone in the world gets better at something the longer they do it. Mistakes happen and its part of the learning process, you can't just fire everyone who makes a bad trade or bad signing here or there or you'll never have someone grow into the job. But Ryan Pace actually got worse as time went on and it culminated in a nuclear trainwreck of an off-season that destroyed most of the good things Pace did do in his time with the Bears.
He gave 6 mil a year to a gadget rb. It’s a bad fucking deal

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ownership is dumb, no doubt. But your money or not…giving those deals to Cohen/DT/Dalton/Burton …trading a 4th for Foles lol….just incompetent. I’m likely forgetting a few as well.
Yes you left out all the fox era gems lol

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He gave 6 mil a year to a gadget rb. It’s a bad fucking deal
A gadget runningback who averaged seven yards a touch and was an All Pro punt returner his age twenty-three season. He could have easily gone the Darren Sproles path, he just got hurt instead. Had he stayed healthy and effective six million would've been a relative bargain.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m illustrating a point. Just go along with it damnit. ?
That is negative news. So I understand that you are wildly erratic hater with no value as a poster. Good day sir.