**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While I doubt this is the case, if he was having an ego issue, fielding calls could have simply been to show him he has no value and put him in his place.
You think he wants to be here?

Something is up. Either he’s not happy or the Bears aren’t. I’m leaning towards him because usually when guys like Ian R report that stuff it’s coming from an agent. I certainly doubt the Bears leaked anything.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You think he wants to be here?

Something is up. Either he’s not happy or the Bears aren’t. I’m leaning towards him because usually when guys like Ian R report that stuff it’s coming from an agent. I certainly doubt the Bears leaked anything.
My bad I was saying I doubt what I mentioned is the case.

I think there's definitely an issue and it looked like he was checked out. It never made sense to me that the FO would be leaking reports, so yeah probably coming from his side.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
OK my “theory” now is he wants to be traded. (For whatever reason). Maybe Braxton being LT1

Bears took calls…. Nobody wanted him for anything worth trading for.

Bears said he’s staying here until a team gives them something of value. Player or draft pick.

He now has to play in preseason to put some good tape out there and up his value. (He’s not happy about it)

?‍♂️

(Pure speculation I know)
I also think the coaches saying they want him competing for a starting tackle spot is also more statement for other teams than his Bears reality.
You never know, maybe he realizes his best option to get what he wants is either by actually working for it in Chicago or working for it in Chicago to get a chance elsewhere.
Injury or not, his pouty bitch routine, if it doesn't change, will wear on coaches, media , and fans rather quickly.

The stark difference in interview demeanor could not be more polar opposite than he and Braxton Jones:

Braxton Jones interview

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I also think the coaches saying they want him competing for a starting tackle spot is also more statement for other teams than his Bears reality.
You never know, maybe he realizes his best option to get what he wants is either by actually working for it in Chicago or working for it in Chicago to get a chance elsewhere.
Injury or not, his pouty bitch routine, if it doesn't change, will wear on coaches, media , and fans rather quickly.

The stark difference in interview demeanor could not be more polar opposite than he and Braxton Jones:

Braxton Jones interview
Its one of these cases where I wish I knew what NFL teams were hearing about him back before the draft and what caused that fall out of the first round. I bet it was not just medicals.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK my “theory” now is he wants to be traded. (For whatever reason). Maybe Braxton being LT1

Bears took calls…. Nobody wanted him for anything worth trading for.

Bears said he’s staying here until a team gives them something of value. Player or draft pick.

He now has to play in preseason to put some good tape out there and up his value. (He’s not happy about it)

?‍♂️

(Pure speculation I know)
It's a plausible theory since the story about the Bears taking calls for trade offers was reported from more than one source. It's also possible there's an injury issue they are being tight lipped about. I guess we won't know til we know.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Saaame

I'm deep in the north mountains this summer, lucky to get two bars on my phone, so these news threads have been huge

No wonder why you didn't want to read post after post about insults

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pushback on cynics like Wiederer isn't because fans want strictly positive takes—it's because coverage of this team, especially on the national level, is relentlessly negative. Some of it is downright deranged (i.e. Mooney isn't even a WR2).

The beats to an extent, including Hoge and Jahns, offer a cynical view of the organization. The Bears are inept and incapable of change. They offer "here we go again" when anything goes wrong, as if any team is immune to adversity. I'm not disagreeing with where that criticism comes from, but it's vital to maintain objectivity as journalists.

The offseason is the one time a fanbase can invest hope in a team and get to know new players and coaches. If you don't think there are positive developments to report on with this draft class, you haven't been paying attention to camp. There are at least 3 potential day 1 starters flashing everyday and others competing for playing time.

But sure, lets speculate endlessly about the maturity of guys drafted by the previous GM who aren't playing and call that news.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
After watching that interview I think Tevin is going to show us on the field why he will be a Chicago Bear for a long time. Kick Ass Tevin
Yeah that's the hope but it's definitely still depressing to see him not really look and sound happy. He said "right now" i'm with the Chicago Bears which doesn't sound good.

Just my speculation obviously but i still think there's more to his not practicing then whatever this "injury" is and i think they did look around to trade him but when they got nothing but shit offers then i think Poles and his agent and maybe Jenkins had another conversation where Poles said we aren't going to trade you just to trade you and get some late round pick back for you so lets fix the issues and make this thing work.