**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The pushback on cynics like Wiederer isn't because fans want strictly positive takes—it's because coverage of this team, especially on the national level, is relentlessly negative. Some of it is downright deranged (i.e. Mooney isn't even a WR2).

The beats to an extent, including Hoge and Jahns, offer a cynical view of the organization. The Bears are inept and incapable of change. They offer "here we go again" when anything goes wrong, as if any team is immune to adversity. I'm not disagreeing with where that criticism comes from, but it's vital to maintain objectivity as journalists.

The offseason is the one time a fanbase can invest hope in a team and get to know new players and coaches. If you don't think there are positive developments to report on with this draft class, you haven't been paying attention to camp. There are at least 3 potential day 1 starters flashing everyday and others competing for playing time.

But sure, lets speculate endlessly about the maturity of guys drafted by the previous GM who aren't playing and call that news.
This team is on the same level as the lions and you want the media to treat this franchise like the record breaking patriots Lmffao. Maybe it’s you that just can’t accept the reality check

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
re: tough practices and injury.

Lovie came in and set a grueling pace in practices the first year, but people seem to be forgetting that the soft tissue injuries continued to happen after he dialed back practices. There was a succession of changes over several years and it was a constant problem.

Rusty Jones wasn't hired as strength and conditioning coach until what...2005? And even the Super Bowl team was plagued with freak injuries (Tommie Harris and Mike Brown). The best way to combat that is keeping players in top shape and not pushing them back on the field out of desperation.

Guys are going to get dinged up every camp. I don't seem this coaching staff continuing to push injured players. They seem to sit guys out for recovery, go to the next man up, and cautiously ramp up activity when injured players return.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
On separate notes. Darius Slayton is playing with the third team for NYG and Mims’ agent was at camp today as well with rumors swirling that he wants to get dealt.

Both of those guys are super intriguing talents that could become available.
I'm all about going after Slayton. The guy was good his rookie season and then they just didn't seem to go his way anymore after that. Don't know if there was any kind of coaching change going into his 2nd year but do know that offense has had coaching and QB issues for a while so i think he could thrive in a new system that actually uses him.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I'm all about going after Slayton. The guy was good his rookie season and then they just didn't seem to go his way anymore after that. Don't know if there was any kind of coaching change going into his 2nd year but do know that offense has had coaching and QB issues for a while so i think he could thrive in a new system that actually uses him.

I could be wrong but I think his second year was Joe Judge lol and then the Mike Glennon experience last year.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which statistics ? The 4-12 record ?
I think we all would have much more productive conservations here if we all worked past opinions that were clearly wrong. Watson is, has, and always will be better than Mitch Trubisky and it's not close.

Teams were willing(and one successfully did) trade the farm for a guy with dozens of sexual misconduct allegations, while Mitch is getting outplayed by Mason Rudolph in TC and is barely holding on to QB1. 1659885501992.png

If people truly want CCS to be better, stop ignoring reality. Stop ignoring what is obvious for the sake of stubbornness.

Watson is a franchise QB. Complete disfunction at an executive and coaching level. Horrible running game. Bad OL. No #1 WR. TEs you cant even name. Absolute garbage defense. Watsons performance in 2020 was unprecedented in that he was that productive and efficient on a team that was garbage.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah that's the hope but it's definitely still depressing to see him not really look and sound happy. He said "right now" i'm with the Chicago Bears which doesn't sound good.

Just my speculation obviously but i still think there's more to his not practicing then whatever this "injury" is and i think they did look around to trade him but when they got nothing but shit offers then i think Poles and his agent and maybe Jenkins had another conversation where Poles said we aren't going to trade you just to trade you and get some late round pick back for you so lets fix the issues and make this thing work.
And / or maybe Jenkins and his agents realized the BEARs were not getting any offers at all for a 'problem'

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My take was he had been heavily “coached” by his agent. “I’m not gonna comment” etc. Some people said he was depressed. I just thought he was being super careful not to really say anything.
Yea, I think he was being very careful about his responses ( not necessarily depressed ) but he showed some enthusiasm when talking about his loyalty to Chicago for drafting him

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
And / or maybe Jenkins and his agents realized the BEARs were not getting any offers at all for a 'problem'
I’m wondering if it was what we saw with Peanut when his daughter needed a transplant and people were all over him for missing camp. We don’t know what’s going on with Jenkins.

The other possibility is he got a reality check as to his value, and his agent was like, you need to show the fuck out to be worth what you think you’re worth.

So, NFL economics may have used his ass like a gas pedal to drive him onto the field.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WILL IT ALL PAY OFF ??????? WOW!

“I’m not kidding, that was probably the hardest practice I’ve ever been a part of,” said Cole Kmet after a particularly long padded practice ended on Friday. “That’s not a joke. It was a tough practice. It was a tough one… But it’s good for us to get in shape and see how good we can execute when we’re tired at the end of it.”
It sounds like the team is responding / embracing the intensity of the practices. This should pay off the first quarter of the season against other teams less intensely prepared AND in the fourth quarters of close games during the latter half of the season

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It has been conclusively established that Deshaun Watson is better than Mitchell Trubisky. So what?

The Toxins are bad blah blah blah...Watson had no help cope cope cope. Same shitty Texans still won four games the next year without Watson playing a snap. If he really were capable of having one of the best seasons ever (I believe I read the claim best season by anyone in fifteen years! correct me if I'm wrong) then the Texans should've fallen off the cliff entirely.

And don't try and say it was better coaching. David Culley didn't get axed after one season because he was the next coming of Bill Belichick.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not agree with that last tweet suggesting we should stream the practices.
They should put up four HD cams at the practice field like the highway system puts up cams to view conditions during the winter. At least then we could watch for ourselves instead of just hearing about it

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The Bears are so mean for making Jenkins answer questions like a grown man should! Jenkins can go kick rocks
I’m just laughing at the fact he is the one poster who posts an article which supports Jenkins and attempts to make the Bears organization the bad guys. He is all over Jenkins nuts. Must be a lot of peanut butter on them.