onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This is the kind of tiresome national coverage I was talking about the other day that prompts pushback from fans.

Courtney Cronin, ESPN's new beat reporter for Chicago, does nothing to correct Ryan Clark who has been nattering on about the same thing since before the draft. He has a perception of the roster that is based solely on headlines. I'm assuming she's been at practices, right?

Neither mentions how the Bears have shored up the line with recent signings of Rieff and Schofield, which helps Fields. They don't talk about the clear difference in coaching or the resulting buy in. The narrative is entirely focused on lack of high draft picks or big free agent spending. They don't even know EQ was ahead of Harry on the depth chart and has been a consistent connection for Fields lately.

Even when they're talking about Getsy and scheme, it's solely about Montgomery. There's no mention of the strength of that room with Herbert playing well last year or the new additions in Ebner, Evans, and Blasingame.

And I guess we never spent a 2nd round pick on a TE.
It feels like she's in the "stay in your lane" course of her journalist career.

She had no problem telling the local guys up here what was on her mind when she was covering the Vikings. But, it is a smaller market up here, where you really don't say anything bad about that team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the kind of tiresome national coverage I was talking about the other day that prompts pushback from fans.

Courtney Cronin, ESPN's new beat reporter for Chicago, does nothing to correct Ryan Clark who has been nattering on about the same thing since before the draft. He has a perception of the roster that is based solely on headlines. I'm assuming she's been at practices, right?

Neither mentions how the Bears have shored up the line with recent signings of Rieff and Schofield, which helps Fields. They don't talk about the clear difference in coaching or the resulting buy in. The narrative is entirely focused on lack of high draft picks or big free agent spending. They don't even know EQ was ahead of Harry on the depth chart and has been a consistent connection for Fields lately.

Even when they're talking about Getsy and scheme, it's solely about Montgomery. There's no mention of the strength of that room with Herbert playing well last year or the new additions in Ebner, Evans, and Blasingame.

Bears sucked last year. Going to take more than a few TC practices to convimce people this time is different. No point getting worked up about it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears sucked last year. Going to take more than a few TC practices to convimce people this time is different. No point getting worked up about it.
They only sucked a little bit.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Like Peter King but you can kinda tell he's not really sold on Justin Fields. He just doesn't get in the predictions business, which is wise.

He is sold on Ryan Poles and the coaching staff. That much is obvious.
Has Peter King ever not been sold or criticized NFL GM’s or HC’s?

It’s in his best interest to stroke these guys. I did enjoy the interview though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ryan Clark is not a fan who reads a headline and then regurgitates it to his friends. Stop this nonsense. He's not a fan of the Bears and doesn't have to drink the Kool-Aid. Even the analytic media outlets are saying the same things about this roster. Its not a lazy narrative. It's a universal opinion based on what they've seen from the players on this roster up until this point.

Lets please try to keep this about football. @nvanprooyen
@nvanprooyen is going to get quite the CCS workout if he has to come to this thread every single time someone asks you a question. Maybe stop trying to turn everything into an attack and actually answer the question or ask why someone might think you're an alt? Sounds crazy i know but try to have a healthy dialog with someone. Thank you! It's a new week and we're one day closer to Bears football.

Lets get back to football now, gentleman.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:

Clark is on Maurice Jones Drew level. I am always dumfounded at how bad their takes are. Good football players but they are really bad at their job.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s not the critical takes I have a problem with; I’m fine with the reality of the team.

It’s the total lack of effort. There’s no journalistic value in that segment. I put in more effort clicking on the video.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Oh no. Some shitty ESPN program no one watches said something mean about the Bears! So what? The Bears have been a dumpster fire for much of the last decade or two. If they play better then ESPN says nice irrelevant things about them. Either way it doesn’t matter.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Totally random. Tua throws left but signs autographs with his right? That's a tad odd.
I'm the same. It's mostly due to at an early age I had a teacher who made all of us who wrote left hand naturally switch to right hand. So you grow up with some ambidextrous abilities but I personally think it messes with the hard wiring of a developing brain and can lead to learning disabilities. It should be outlawed.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You can tell Practice was club dub with naggy. They were so damn sloppy on game day with penalties
The amount of times that multiple players missed their assignments during plays. Then you hear that they never practiced certain plays that they ran on gameday. Nagy was one of the worst head coaches of all time.

Forget his record, because the defense carried his stupid ass.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I'm the same. It's mostly due to at an early age I had a teacher who made all of us who wrote left hand naturally switch to right hand. So you grow up with some ambidextrous abilities but I personally think it messes with the hard wiring of a developing brain and can lead to learning disabilities. It should be outlawed.
This literally happened to myselve when I was in grade school early on and they were teaching me cursive style writing and this was after learning to print with my left hand so now I can print with my write hand and with my left hand write in cursive but I'm not sure it is why I have a learning disability or am more learning disabled than I would have been otherwise because the autism sort of takes president over any other disabilities I may or may not have but who knows you may be literally onto something here with the handwriting teaching that I too agree with you they shouldn't be messing around with.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Seriously, we are going to break this poor kid. He’s going to throw a bunch of picks against us. Shanny’s going to go run heavy and try to hide his flaws, basic passing, with a variation of the triple read option. Teams’ll show a stacked box and then move into single high and confuse his reads. Fans’ll clamor for JimmyG. It’s going to be bad. Fields will look like the better pick.

I am worried he’s going to get straight up broken.

Seriously, we are going to break this poor kid. He’s going to throw a bunch of picks against us. Shanny’s going to go run heavy and try to hide his flaws, basic passing, with a variation of the triple read option. Teams’ll show a stacked box and then move into single high and confuse his reads. Fans’ll clamor for JimmyG. It’s going to be bad. Fields will look like the better pick.

I am worried he’s going to get straight up broken.

I think the truth is that Lance is an unknown. He only played 19 games in college and although he was extremely effective, he played against inferior competition.
He played in a few games last year and had both good and bad moments. In training camp, so far, it's been the same way: a 9 of 13 game with some super athletic plays and beautiful deep completions and in the next practice, 4 0f 12 with an int and bad misses.

So as a young player who is probably learning as he goes along, we don't know where he will be in a year or even in the opening game against the Bears. He does have one big advantage, he's surrounded by a very good group of receivers and a better O line. So I don't see how anybody can really predict what he will do.

Last edited: