**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
My belief is based on the actual situation, which happens to be perfectly aligned with it. I have no skin in this game, other than wanting to see the Bears be better in the end…
Your belief is based on lack of understanding of how things work actually. He already showed up to Minicamp and OTAs, practicing in training camp wasn't getting him a contract

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My belief is based on the actual situation, which happens to be perfectly aligned with it.
Your belief is very foolish. The valuation takes place based on how players play in games and their long term worth to the organization.

I doubt you actually think Poles is stupid enough to shell out $40mil guaranteed or more based on a player taking part in mostly unpadded practices.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Your belief is very foolish. The valuation takes place based on how players play in games and their long term worth to the organization.

I doubt you actually think Poles is stupid enough to shell out $40mil guaranteed or more based on a player taking part in mostly unpadded practices.
Did you read what I said? ATTITUDE is just as important to this new regime as talent. Maybe more so. And Roquan currently has the exact wrong attitude.

Yes, he also needs to prove he is worth that contract IN THIS DEFENSE. How can he do that unless he’s actually on the field? There’s a TON you can tell from practices.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Pathetic play to try to get a story, isn’t it?
I just don't like how he thinks he's entitled to information. That's not how businesses are run. Teams don't have to give you ALL of the information to quench your thirst for a story. If teams did that then the fans/media would basically run the teams, which we all know would be chaos.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Did you read what I said? ATTITUDE is just as important to this new regime as talent. Maybe more so. And Roquan currently has the exact wrong attitude.

Yes, he also needs to prove he is worth that contract IN THIS DEFENSE. How can he do that unless he’s actually on the field? There’s a TON you can tell from practices.
I didn't read what you said because I can't read what someone says. I did read what you wrote.

They already gave him an offer based on his talent, film, attitude, time at OTA. You honestly think him doing drills in practice was going to be the thing that upped their offer to what Roquan wants? It really is asinine to think that.

They are also in nickel 70% of the time, just like for the first four years of Roquan's career. Same basics. Not like he is a QB learning a whole new system.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Attitude>talent; the bears new motto lol

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This Irish bears show acct is horrible. I’m sure the entire team and staff are going to love the chaos his me-first attitude is causing. It’s one thing to be working on a deal behind the scenes. All players understand that.

But this is taking it to defcon 5, and it isn’t going to have the effect he wants it to.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I didn't read what you said because I can't read what someone says. I did read what you wrote.

They already gave him an offer based on his talent, film, attitude, time at OTA. You honestly think him doing drills in practice was going to be the thing that upped their offer to what Roquan wants? It really is asinine to think that.

They are also in nickel 70% of the time, just like for the first four years of Roquan's career. Same basics. Not like he is a QB learning a whole new system.
Talk to me when you understand the basic differences between a 3-4 and 4-3 defense…lol

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This Irish bears show acct is horrible. I’m sure the entire team and staff are going to love the chaos his me-first attitude is causing. It’s one thing to be working on a deal behind the scenes. All players understand that.

But this is taking it to defcon 5, and it isn’t going to have the effect he wants it to.
It's not going to hurt roquan either. As stupid as I think it is for him to not have an agent and I'm inclined to not pay his position $20 million, a lot of top players from their position have done similar thing to what he is doing

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Talk to me when you understand the basic differences between a 3-4 and 4-3 defense…lol
I played in both, one in high school and one in college.

Why don't you, off the top of your head, tell me about the basic differences in how a will plays vs. how an ILB plays? And then tell me the basic differences in how each plays in nickel, which is what they will be in 70% of snaps.