**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I played in both, one in high school and one in college.

Why don't you, off the top of your head, tell me about the basic differences in how a will plays vs. how an ILB plays? And then tell me the basic differences in how each plays in nickel, which is what they will be in 70% of snaps.
Congrats. I’m sure it’s all exactly the same…lol

But if you have really played both, even at a basic level, you understand there are significant differences. So you either don’t understand, or you’re being deliberately obtuse. Either way, not worth debating.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
His willingness to be a part of the team would be huge. And yes, if he proves in camp he’s worth what he’s asking in this defense, he would get paid. I ? believe that. What he’s doing now may be part of the process, but it’s losing him value in the eyes of the staff.
With all due respect, this opinion is dumb as shit.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Congrats. I’m sure it’s all exactly the same…lol

But if you have really played both, even at a basic level, you understand there are significant differences. So you either don’t understand, or you’re being deliberately obtuse. Either way, not worth debating.
You are an idiot, everyone here thinks so, and your take on this is very dumb.

Since you are obviously unable to articulate the differences, I can tell you that they would easily be worked out in OTAs for any decent NFL off ball linebacker.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Since you are obviously unable to articulate the differences, I can tell you that they would easily be worked out in OTAs for any decent NFL off ball linebacker.
Very well said. I appreciate your professionalism in trying to handle that situation

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Let him set the example, be a leader, and PROVE IT then. Because obviously, Poles and Eberflus do not agree, or he’d have that contract already…

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Let him set the example, be a leader, and PROVE IT then. Because obviously, Poles and Eberflus do not agree, or he’d have that contract already…
There is a much simpler explanation, and that is they value him at a certain amount based on all they know about him, that he doesn't accept that valuation, and it has nothing to do with him being at practice but not participating.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
i was keeping an eye on trubisky and pittsburgh had WRs out at practice and Pickens was the clear number 1 and apparently dropped a couple tds...he's an enticing talent but I think has a degree of instability that Poles is not down with
When the Bears were on the clock in the 2nd round, I was all for and against drafting Pickens. For the talent and against the potential headcase.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There is a much simpler explanation, and that is they value him at a certain amount based on all they know about him, that he doesn't accept that valuation, and it has nothing to do with him being at practice but not participating.
Exactly. And that is due to his skill set, and his leadership/attitude.