1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fans need to chill with the whole pounding the table to sign Smith.

People are forgetting that Smith fired his agent.

It's entirely possible the reason his agent was fired was because even his agent was telling Smith that he wasn't going to get the money he was looking for, especially in the way the NFL values his position at this day and time. Smith's agent was also known as one of the best in the NFL.

So the problem here is most likely Roquan Smith himself. There's a reason you have agents representing you and that's because otherwise what is just normal standard contract negotiations doesn't get taken personally.

Honestly if roquan Smith is going to be this much of a headache to sign I say trade him.

We probably will get a second round pick for him.

That's not my first preference, but it's year one of a new regime, it's a position that is easily replaceable and not very valuable in terms of payroll across the league, and even if the next guy isn't as talented as roquan Smith, it's a position where as long as you have someone who knows how to tackle you can get by pretty well on not having a pro bowler in that spot so that you can focus on trying to get them into key spots where you need them and need to pay them such as pass rush and wide receiver.

Big picture - making things personal is a mistake. That goes for Smith and his negotiation with the Bears, and it goes for Bears fans.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Looks like Mac Jones and the Pats offense is looking like shit

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Looks like Mac Jones and the Pats offense is looking like shit
This does not surprise me

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Like I said earlier today. This was a bad strategy by Roquan. It makes everything completely about him, the exact opposite of the culture the new regime is trying to instill. Can call it “just a negotiating tool” all you want, but don’t act like it won’t have some type of negative effect on the overall discussions…