**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yes, I have no idea how they work, when the vast majority of CCS posters thought the Bears had a lot of Cap money to play with this year, HA!

The fact remains, yes you have a lot of Cap, unfortunately you don't have any players, and the good ones you do have all will need new contracts.

Probably why now, after the Roquan debacle, the Bears are now the laughing stock of national sports radio, but keep living in your sheltered world.
Nobody is even defending the bears, just pointing out your lack of understanding of the bears cap situation.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yes, because it is wise to push the cap dollars back into the year Fields will be negotiating his contract.

got it.
Every single team in the nfl backloads contracts because it does make sense to have the contract value grow in line with cap growth therefore having zero effect on ability to re-sign other players.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every single team in the nfl backloads contracts because it does make sense to have the contract value grow in line with cap growth therefore having zero effect on ability to re-sign other players.
No, not when your signing the quantity of players we are talking about here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have like 42 players under contract for next year. Probably 33-35 will be guys on their final roster. You are completely misreading the situation. They may not be good, but cap isn't an issue
I never said it would be an issue, what I said is they will not be as big of players for top tier talent in FA as many expect.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I never said it would be an issue, what I said is they will not be as big of players for top tier talent in FA as many expect.
What’s your definition of top tier free agent? If you look at the list that keeps dwindling it’s a pretty weak ass fa year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Talking 2023 here maybe cross that bridge when they get there. And there is also allot of dead money that won’t come off the books until 2024. Bears also have Jackson Quinn and whitehair contracts to dump eventually.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s your definition of top tier free agent? If you look at the list that keeps dwindling it’s a pretty weak ass fa year.
Which makes Roquan's market even stronger, thank you for making my point.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It means it would become advantageous to release him, as his dead cap is now at a level that actually permits it. I didn't say he was a free agent now, did I?
No, an expiring contract means that he is at that point a free agent, thus, yes, you did say he was a free agent but with different words.

Once you shit your pants, it is better to go change your pants than roll around in the crap, trying to create a positive result.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, an expiring contract means that he is at that point a free agent, thus, yes, you did say he was a free agent but with different words.

Once you shit your pants, it is better to go change your pants than roll around in the crap, trying to create a positive result.

In 2023, Robert Quinn will no longer be under contract with the Bears, in all likelihood.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Talking 2023 here maybe cross that bridge when they get there. And there is also allot of dead money that won’t come off the books until 2024. Bears also have Jackson Quinn and whitehair contracts to dump eventually.

Bears should move Whitehair to the Bucs ASAP & hope Quinn plays well to get a decent return in October.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Which makes Roquan's market even stronger, thank you for making my point.
So you are saying Bears would get disproportionate return on a tag a trade. Thanks for the good news.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are saying Bears would get disproportionate return on a tag a trade. Thanks for the good news.
Actually, I said the Bears should have extended Smith last year, No no no, The dumbass's on CCS said, they have no need to do that yet.