**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fair is relative. Doesnt matter how fair you think it is if the other guy doesnt want to sign.

Again this should have been addressed months ago and if the dude doesnt want to sign a fair deal then trade him.

There is virtually no benefit to having a disgruntled player on a team not competing for shit this year when you trying to build a team first culture.

You don’t think they tried? Didn’t the Steelers take all camp with Watt last year? Aren’t the Chargers still dealing with Derwin James in a hold in?

This shit takes time. Relax.

The Ravens are still working on Lamar Jackson. (Who’s practicing too)

Again… this stuff takes time. People need to chill the fuck out over this already.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which is still a month away.

Correct. Hence in my response to @dennehy I said if Poles knows a deal will get done because he can live with Quan's demands but is just trying to get a better deal then that is fine with me.

You don’t think they tried? Didn’t the Steelers take all camp with Watts last year? Aren’t the Chargers still dealing with Derwin James in a hold in?

This shit takes time. Relax.

The Ravens are still working on Lamar Jackson. (Who’s practicing too)

Again… this stuff takes time. People need to chill the fuck out over this already.

Again see my response to @dennehy as I already accounted for that possibility.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh I agree. He attended all offseason so sure he wanted to be a Bear at some point. My point is before any negotiation you have to know your jumping off point. If the Bears are prepared to meet his demands but want to prolong things to see if he will accept less then it is fine to play this game because you know in the end a deal will get done and it is just a matter of trying to negotiate a better price.

If the Bears knew they would never accept his demands then best to trade him before teams spend all their money and address needs in FA and draft because if you wait and the player is dug in then you are in a difficult position.

So I just hope that Poles is in the former situation or has an out somehow.

@BaBaBlacksheep read first and last paragraphs.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pic was actually Packers fan Brianna Jordan
View attachment 21641
Kinda creepy that you took time out of your day to photo shop a pic of her and claim that she did to lessen your pain of being jealous of the Packers.

Enjoy the game tonite. I know your obsessed eyes will be glued to it.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
Can we ban this cunt from this thread pls

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, what is creepy is a guy that has multiple pictures of some random girl in Packers underwear on his computer. By the way, the picture without her face was way better...well somewhat better.

I think obsessed is the guy that spends 8-10 hrs a day on an opposing teams message board, but that's just me.
Sorta looks like her head got smashed in between some elevator doors but I'm not sure if they actually have discovered elevators in Wisconsin yet.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The Pack has arrived in San Jose for their game in Santa Clara vs. the Niners on Friday Nite.
View attachment 21628
It will be the Niners starters vs. The Packs backups, but I like the depth. I think J-Love and the boys will have a good showing. Win-Loss record is not the goal in preseason. Getting some good work in and getting out of it injury free is the main goal.

They should have put J-Love in the promo.
View attachment 21626
View attachment 21627
#BusinessTrip
No one here cares

Reactions: DC

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes I am making an assumption. Not sure your point. You are free to disagree.

"Washington wanted him back, but the prospect of suiting up for a more legitimate contender and for a better defensive unit was the deciding factor. Indeed, Garafolo says that Clinton-Dix turned down more money “elsewhere” to play for Chicago and to reunite with Jackson, his former teammate at Alabama (it is unclear whether the Redskins’ offer was higher than the Bears’ proposal, but at least one team was offering more than $3.5MM)."

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
You are upset I am responding to posts about a Bears player at training camp in a thread about the Bears training camp? On a day the Bears arent even practicing?
How dare you discuss Bears on a Bears discussion board.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

"Washington wanted him back, but the prospect of suiting up for a more legitimate contender and for a better defensive unit was the deciding factor. Indeed, Garafolo says that Clinton-Dix turned down more money “elsewhere” to play for Chicago and to reunite with Jackson, his former teammate at Alabama (it is unclear whether the Redskins’ offer was higher than the Bears’ proposal, but at least one team was offering more than $3.5MM)."

meh. I think they mislead with this stuff. They could have offered him more years at less money. And they could structure it where only the first year is guaranteed or in some fashion where ’signing for less’ is actually the smarter move. Especially if you think you’re a great player and want to sign a prove it deal in order to get a big contract the following year. You wouldn’t want 2 years at 4 million. You’d rather have one year at 3 million. Even though you‘re technically taking less money.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
meh. I think they mislead with this stuff. They could have offered him more years at less money. And they could structure it where only the first year is guaranteed or in some fashion where ’signing for less’ is actually the smarter move. Especially if you think you’re a great player and want to sign a prove it deal in order to get a big contract the following year. You wouldn’t want 2 years at 4 million. You’d rather have one year at 3 million. Even though you‘re technically taking less money.

My point is that there is a multitude of factors for a player to choose signing elsewhere for less money.

Whether it be a no state tax state like Florida, it could be better weather, closer to home etc etc

Not because the Bears played hardball with a player holding out

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ohh look, remy is posting in the wrong thread again about requiem smoth

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Those things matter and so does the perception players and agents have of how fair you are. Jags were 3-13 when Bouye took less to play with them.
You mean the same offseason that Allen Robinson was arguing that he had earned an extension that the Jaguars wouldn't give him?