Bears claim Leatherwood

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
Young kid (23) who has definitely had his share of problems on the field. Poles is familiar with him from facing him twice last season and may have had Leatherwood in high regard during the draft process in 2021.

Intriguing, if anything else. Nothing wrong with taking a shot on a former first rounder this early in their career.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
So it is 1.3, 2m and 2.6m the next 3 years which is perfectly fine even if all he becomes is a backup that can play G or T in a pinch.
Poles and Cunningham showing how to possibly build a roster.

They've piqued my interest.

Edit: Still think it's a massive salvage job given what he has failed to show so far. Coaches have their work cut out for them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whole contract is guaranteed including salary so Raiders lose SB and Bears take over the guaranteed salaries.
How much is that

Edit: nevermind

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Leatherwood has physical ability that you can’t teach, but the problems with his punch were evident in college. They weren’t corrected in his rookie year, and now he’s working with this third offensive line coach in three years including college, so he could be learning new techniques while trying to correct this major issue. He looks like he’s playing without much confidence, and there were snaps against the Dolphins when he couldn’t even get off the ball in time.

As bad as it looks, there’s still hope that he can have a light bulb moment and rebuild his confidence. The best thing for Leatherwood might be to take a back seat and continue to refine his technique, so he’s not reinforcing bad habits in live action. Otherwise, there could be a snowball effect that impacts everything he’s doing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So between paying this bum, reif, the money lost on that other bum guard that got cut and I’m prob missing someone else they could have brought in a legit olineman. …….nothing to see here

Schoefield's contract was not guaranteed so ultimatrly cost us nothing. Reiff only cost 3m if he doesnt play enough snaps. Leatherwood is 1.3m so no dont think a legit OL would have cost the 4.3m Reiff and Leatherwood would make this year.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still think it's a massive salvage job given what he has failed to show so far. Coaches have their work cut out for them.

It is, but it's also a vote of confidence in your coaching staff.

And it's good for the development of Jones & Borom to have some legitimate competition behind them.

Again, I cannot argue against any of this. Poles gets a gold star today IMO.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
It is, but it's also a vote of confidence in your coaching staff.

And it's good for the development of Jones & Borom to have some legitimate competition behind them.

Again, I cannot argue against any of this. Poles gets a gold star today IMO.
It's fair. From a roster building perspective it's really interesting.

Poles remit is to build a Super Bowl winning roster, guess it all starts now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Man it would be a serious mistake to let go of Jenkins.
The only thing I’ve heard that made any sense to be about getting rid of him was if they were worried his back could go anytime so they were hoping to get something while they could.

Otherwise I agree… would be a mistake. He’s looked like he belongs.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Why would it have not started now? Also FYI it started MONTHS ago.

Thanks.

Yes claiming players off waivers is a completely new concept the rest of the nfl can learn is a way to possibly build a roster.

Thanks
No problem lads, most welcome.

If you're going to act like wankers, you'll be better off putting me on ignore like I'm about to do to you. I don't need this shit on a forum like this, from two people old enough to know better.

Be better.

Thanks.

(FTO is missing in the heading as of the time of this post 18:14pm - thanks)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's fair. From a roster building perspective it's really interesting.

Poles remit is to build a Super Bowl winning roster, guess it all starts now.

He got to witness a solid blueprint in KC, so I am willing to play wait and see for a couple of offseasons.

It's still a gamble, but a far more cost efficient one that also costs zero draft capital.