**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Chicago Bears

Preseason power ranking: No. 25

Breakout player: Cole Kmet, TE

Kmet more than doubled his targets, catches and yards from his rookie season to Year 2. The chemistry he has built with Justin Fields has consistently been on display throughout the offseason and only projects to increase as he becomes one of the quarterback's top weapons in 2022. With Jimmy Graham gone, the third-year tight end can expect to inherit those red zone opportunities and cement himself as a foundational player in the Bears' offense. -- Courtney Cronin

The season will be a success if ... Justin Fields shows tangible signs of improvement.

The Bears have a lot of work to do in building around the former first-round pick, and they won't truly know whether he's their long-term option until the end of this season. Chicago hasn't put Fields in position to succeed yet, but if he can prove he is the right player to build around, the Bears will take a step toward solving their chronic quarterback issues. -- Cronin

Impact newcomer: Kyler Gordon, CB

The Bears' top draft pick is in line to start at nickel corner in Week 1. The notoriously difficult position is one Gordon assumed immediately in training camp, and he has shown off his incredible range playing both inside and outside. Gordon provides clarity at a position that has been rife with uncertainty. The Bears will be leaning on his contributions to turn around a secondary that struggled mightily last season. -- Cronin

Fantasy breakout candidate: Justin Fields, QB

Fields has an opportunity to produce lower-end QB1 numbers this season in a new offensive system that will cater to his dual-threat traits. In 2021, Fields rushed for 420 yards -- and two scores -- in just 12 games played. And with more play-action and misdirection concepts, the Bears can set the table for Fields on schemed throws to the second and third level of the defense. -- Matt Bowen

Over or under 6.5 wins? Under

The Bears hired a first-time head coach (Matt Eberflus) and didn't help Fields by adding playmakers or upgrading the offensive line. There will be few games this season in which the Bears won't be underdogs. -- Eric Moody

Bold prediction for 2022: Safety Jaquan Brisker will lead all rookies in interceptions.

In Eberflus' system, Brisker can play top down on the ball and create disruption in the middle of the field. The second-round pick out of Penn State brings a playmaking element to Chicago. -- Bowen

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I have never paid attention to how much is spent on ps. Isn’t it usually a set price?

I think it is tiered, it is a great question.

“ Practice squad players make $11,500 per week or $207,000 for 18 weeks. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make a minimum of $15,400 per week or $277,200 for 18 weeks, and a maximum of $19,900 per week or $358,200.”

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think it is tiered, it is a great question.

“ Practice squad players make $11,500 per week or $207,000 for 18 weeks. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make a minimum of $15,400 per week or $277,200 for 18 weeks, and a maximum of $19,900 per week or $358,200.”

I really don’t get why it’s such a surprise then how much is spent lol

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

31. Chicago Bears

Mock rank: 29 (5.9 wins)

The good news: There’s real Justin Fields optimism after an impressive preseason showing. If Fields can cement himself as a starting-caliber quarterback this season, that’s really all that matters.

The bad news: Man, is it going to be hard for Fields to do so given the talent around him. The offensive line is in transition, and the No. 2 wide receiver behind Darnell Mooney is either someone who wasn’t able to look good with Mahomes as his quarterback (Byron Pringle) or someone who wasn’t able to look good with Rodgers as his quarterback (Equanimeous St. Brown). Or maybe it’s the 25-year-old rookie (Velus Jones Jr.). Yikes.

Nugget to remember: Fields is one of four Week 1 starting quarterbacks with a full-sentence name, joining Jalen Hurts, Davis Mills and Josh Allen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Chicago Bears

Preseason power ranking: No. 25

Breakout player: Cole Kmet, TE

Kmet more than doubled his targets, catches and yards from his rookie season to Year 2. The chemistry he has built with Justin Fields has consistently been on display throughout the offseason and only projects to increase as he becomes one of the quarterback's top weapons in 2022. With Jimmy Graham gone, the third-year tight end can expect to inherit those red zone opportunities and cement himself as a foundational player in the Bears' offense. -- Courtney Cronin

The season will be a success if ... Justin Fields shows tangible signs of improvement.

The Bears have a lot of work to do in building around the former first-round pick, and they won't truly know whether he's their long-term option until the end of this season. Chicago hasn't put Fields in position to succeed yet, but if he can prove he is the right player to build around, the Bears will take a step toward solving their chronic quarterback issues. -- Cronin

Impact newcomer: Kyler Gordon, CB

The Bears' top draft pick is in line to start at nickel corner in Week 1. The notoriously difficult position is one Gordon assumed immediately in training camp, and he has shown off his incredible range playing both inside and outside. Gordon provides clarity at a position that has been rife with uncertainty. The Bears will be leaning on his contributions to turn around a secondary that struggled mightily last season. -- Cronin

Fantasy breakout candidate: Justin Fields, QB

Fields has an opportunity to produce lower-end QB1 numbers this season in a new offensive system that will cater to his dual-threat traits. In 2021, Fields rushed for 420 yards -- and two scores -- in just 12 games played. And with more play-action and misdirection concepts, the Bears can set the table for Fields on schemed throws to the second and third level of the defense. -- Matt Bowen

Over or under 6.5 wins? Under

The Bears hired a first-time head coach (Matt Eberflus) and didn't help Fields by adding playmakers or upgrading the offensive line. There will be few games this season in which the Bears won't be underdogs. -- Eric Moody

Bold prediction for 2022: Safety Jaquan Brisker will lead all rookies in interceptions.

In Eberflus' system, Brisker can play top down on the ball and create disruption in the middle of the field. The second-round pick out of Penn State brings a playmaking element to Chicago. -- Bowen

So we used our first pick in the draft on a NB? Obviously i want a good player at NB and know he's played well there but why did we bring in and keep Tavon Young who's been a good NB when he's been healthy.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
So we used our first pick in the draft on a NB? Obviously i want a good player at NB and know he's played well there but why did we bring in and keep Tavon Young who's been a good NB when he's been healthy.

Gordon is a flex player at both but it was good to have options. Cruikshank is another good player in slot to cover TEs

Status
Not open for further replies.