Guys, Fields honestly was not good

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Listen I’ll be the first to call him a bust if that’s what he is. But the Bears did everything possible to make him look horrible. They got the worst coaching candidate in recent memory whos defensive minded, did not add any good Olineman to one of the worst lines in the league and he’s out there passing to devin Hester and Rasheed Davis talent level receivers. He might be a bust but for fucks sake it’s hard to grade the guy
How is Eberflus the worst coaching candidate in recent memory?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Listen I’ll be the first to call him a bust if that’s what he is. But the Bears did everything possible to make him look horrible. They got the worst coaching candidate in recent memory whos defensive minded, did not add any good Olineman to one of the worst lines in the league and he’s out there passing to devin Hester and Rasheed Davis talent level receivers. He might be a bust but for fucks sake it’s hard to grade the guy

WTF are you smoking?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lmao. Nice thread, dork.

Fields just beat one of the best defenses in the league in horrible conditions. Motherfucker threw 2 TDs in a god damned monsoon. All of that considering how bad of a first half that he and the offense had. This was growth.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears lose this game without Fields. ?‍♂️
85 rating in those conditions and against that D is not disappointing. That said, I think he could use larger hands, Ball was not coming out crisp in the wet.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Watched it again. Think he was fine given the conditions. He held the ball too long but mainly because guys were not open. He actually did go thru progressions but thought issue was once no one was not open he sat there instead of getting on the move.

What changed in the 2nd half is he went thru reads and then moved the pocket if nothing was there initially buying time for the big play. Playcalling in first half wad also trash and I kept screaming for them to do more QB runs and move the pocket. They were ultraconservative.

Still a lot to clean up and that Int was just trash but made the plays he had to in order to win.
Does the all22 come out this soon after a game? If not then how can we know if receivers are open or not when they don't show it in games? If the all22 is out then can you post them please?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does the all22 come out this soon after a game? If not then how can we know if receivers are open or not when they don't show it in games? If the all22 is out then can you post them please?

No it isnt out. I watched a replay and saw where he was scaning the field and did not appear guys were open.

All 22 comes out on Tuesdays.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
The Bears beat a vastly more talented team in horrid conditions. Fields wasn't great but he's 1-0 this season. He was playing his first game in a new system. I don't think anyone can fairly evaluate Fields until the last third of this season at the earliest. We should be in wait and see mode.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No it isnt out. I watched a replay and saw where he was scaning the field and did not appear guys was open.

All 22 comes out on Tuesdays.
Love the all22's, can you or someone make a thread with them when they come out?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I’m the same way. He had a sorry ass 1st half. 2nd half he looked better but nothing extravagant. I’m not writing him off though. Too soon for that. Dude has Matt Nagy last year. That year is a total waste in him. This year, he’s in a new system. He’s where he’s suppose to be in my opinion in his first game of his so called 2nd year. If this continues during the season, then I don’t have a problem saying he ain’t a fit for us.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe not the best game but beating the 49ers...something Rodgers cant do., is huge. As you mentioned, new receiving corp. Terrible conditions. And potentially one, if not the best defense in the NFL.

And while the scramble drill isn't a sustainable offense, I hope it was clear to the staff that Fields is overall more effective abd able to think more clearly when you incorporate his mobility and the defense has to account for that. I think it became obvious that the 49ers DLine was getting frustrated with him escaping and it tired them out. This edge goes a long way in helping Fields be less concerned with the pass rush when he knows he can evade it.
Shutup.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Numbers may not look great on the stat sheet but his warrior spirit carried he and his team to victory.
Of the 17 QB's that played in the early games, only 7 had a better QB rating than Fields. So, no not great. But better than Burrows, Trubisky, Stafford, Hurts, Goff, Flacco, Lawrence, Mayfield, Ryan, and Mariotta.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watched it again. Think he was fine given the conditions. He held the ball too long but mainly because guys were not open. He actually did go thru progressions but thought issue was once no one was open he sat there instead of getting on the move.

What changed in the 2nd half is he went thru reads and then moved the pocket if nothing was there initially buying time for the big play. Playcalling in first half was also trash and I kept screaming for them to do more QB runs and move the pocket. They were ultraconservative.

Still a lot to clean up and that Int was just trash but made the plays he had to in order to win.

I wonder how much of that was protecting Braxton in his first game. Really hope there was a "reason" for it.

Liked Posts:
So what are all the resident QB expert takes on Lance who looked objectively worse with a far superior supporting cast? Bust? Irredeemable? How many weeks does he get relative to Fields before he should be given up on?

Spoiler: after reading this and the other Fields thread, I don’t actually care what your trash opinion is.