90% Club >>>> Club Dub

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Check out this Flus press conference starting at around 2:30...

Leadership creating culture is so fucking important. Sure, dancing around is fun after a win. But pushing guys to be their best with something actionable, measurable and clear is infinitely better.

I realize we are still very much in the honeymoon phase, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Flus so far. Also Poles how his first draft already seems to be panning out with limited picks. Next offseason will be REAL interesting.

I'm feeling damn good right now about the direction things appear to be taking. Here's my bold #calledit after 3 Moscow Mules: the Bears will be in the NFC Championship within the next 2 seasons.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Leadership creating culture is so fucking important. Sure, dancing around is fun after a win. But pushing guys to be their best with something actionable, measurable and clear is infinitely better.

I realize we are still very much in the honeymoon phase, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Flus so far. Also Poles how his first draft already seems to be panning out with limited picks. Next offseason will be REAL interesting.

I'm feeling damn good right now about the direction things appear to be taking. Here's my bold #calledit after 3 Moscow Mules: the Bears will be in the NFC Championship within the next 2 seasons.
Dude is ocd organized. I love that. I also love that he thanks everyone.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Loafs is crazy,” said Roquan Smith. “Definitely tough grades on the loaf, but hey it's ball. It's how they view it, how they see things. You just have to respect it and just bust your tail and try to prevent those.”

Smith admitted he was hit with some loafs from Week 1, even though he was flying around the field and led the team in tackles. But Smith took the tough feedback in stride.

“I'm not into the appeal business,” Smith said. “They write it on the paper, it's over with. Hey, I see the loaf. Just makes me want to go a little harder.”

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Tempted to join you on the called it for the championship. I still feel like I want to see more before I go there, but the early returns are THAT promising. This is what it looks like at ground zero when you actually are building a true playoff contender year in and year out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tempted to join you on the called it for the championship. I still feel like I want to see more before I go there, but the early returns are THAT promising. This is what it looks like at ground zero when you actually are building a true playoff contender year in and year out.
Guy who doesn't watch football is so knowledgeable.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Football is not imvestment banking. Please use FTO terms instead of "early returns" and "ground zero"

This post(not you, but your post, remember I'm attacking the idea and not the poster) reads like some r3tarded fat guy learned about a short squeeze on reddit wall street bets on 9/11 and got all his feelz and emotions jumbled up into the wrong post on the wrong forum.

Please do better.

Bears

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Pshh, lightweight!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize we are still very much in the honeymoon phase, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Flus so far.

I have been saying it since he was hired, but hiring Eberflus was like hiring Lovie Smith all over again.

You are already seeing the benefits of kinda sorta re-hiring Lovie. Lovie ran a well disciplined team with a defense that lives to take the ball away.

And Lovie had the Bears in the Super Bowl in only his third season.

What I am curious to see now is if Eberflus can not fall into all the same pitfalls Lovie did. Namely the lack of consistency on offense, from his own coaching staff to a lot of turnover at QB for the first half of his career here.

If the Getsy/Fields combo is legit, Eberflus can totally be hoisting a Lombardi Trophy sometime in the next five years. Otherwise, this team is destined to go back to being just good enough to be stuck with midround draft picks, but not good enough to take over the division.

jive

Liked Posts:
I have been saying it since he was hired, but hiring Eberflus was like hiring Lovie Smith all over again.

You are already seeing the benefits of kinda sorta re-hiring Lovie. Lovie ran a well disciplined team with a defense that lives to take the ball away.

And Lovie had the Bears in the Super Bowl in only his third season.

What I am curious to see now is if Eberflus can not fall into all the same pitfalls Lovie did. Namely the lack of consistency on offense, from his own coaching staff to a lot of turnover at QB for the first half of his career here.

If the Getsy/Fields combo is legit, Eberflus can totally be hoisting a Lombardi Trophy sometime in the next five years. Otherwise, this team is destined to go back to being just good enough to be stuck with midround draft picks, but not good enough to take over the division.
You can say all you want about Lovie, but he was an excellent motivator and a leader of men. I'm hoping that Eberflus can repeat in that department. He does seem to be more enthusiastic than Lovie, and I hope he is better in terms of Xs and Os.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Football is not imvestment banking. Please use FTO terms instead of "early returns" and "ground zero"

This post(not you, but your post, remember I'm attacking the idea and not the poster) reads like some r3tarded fat guy learned about a short squeeze on reddit wall street bets on 9/11 and got all his feelz and emotions jumbled up into the wrong post on the wrong forum.

Please do better.

Bears

Yeah, this isn't an FTO-titled thread and despite what you said, its obvious you're attacking me, not the post.

Which is fine, because it proved you're still a salty bitch.

:benny:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You can say all you want about Lovie, but he was an excellent motivator and a leader of men. I'm hoping that Eberflus can repeat in that department. He does seem to be more enthusiastic than Lovie, and I hope he is better in terms of Xs and Os.

Lovie was a great motivator for sure. But he unfortunately was like a lot of coaches and only interested really in his side of the ball, and it caught up to him.

In fact, Lovie was at his best when he had other minds clashing with him, like Ron Rivera. When Lovie's ego got the best of him and he let Ron go out of hubris, Lovie's defense started to really fall apart (well, that was also because after the Superbowl season, Lovie got really big-headed, wanted and got more say in the players for his team, and it really caused the Bears to hit a funk until Angelo got those powers back prior to the 2010 season).

That's not to pick on Lovie, because a lot of coaches have blind spots like that. The most successful organizations however either have CEO type who oversees everything and has a consistent through-line in all 3 phases (HITS) or even if the HC favors a certain side of the ball in play calls, they are smart enough to still pay attention to the other side and give them near equal time, to make sure everything is cohesive - but the only coach I know of right now off the top of my head right now who balances that well and has the post-season consistent success to show for it is Andy Reid. Usually to maintain continued success, you need the CEO type - Belichick being the most famous example, but you also have Harbaugh up in Baltimore. Tomlin is an interesting case in that, he calls the defense now, but from 2007-2014, he let Dick LaBeau do his thing on defense while he was the CEO - so they had 7 years to be used to how to run things like that before taking over play calling when LaBeau retired, rather than a rookie head coach trying to do it.

I guess my point is, while Flus runs a similar system to Lovie, I think based on what I have seen, Flus will end up the better coach, and as long as they keep having drafts like the one they just had, this thing is going to get turned around in a hurry.

I see a lot of sustained success for this team going forward, including a ton of play-off appearances down the line.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Plus clock management and red flags.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus clock management and red flags.

I was a big Lovie fan and my second biggest problem with him was subpar game day management.

I joined the CBMB hours after the 2008 loss to Atlanta just to be able to vent about Lovie Smith devolving into a ****ing idiot on Sundays.

JUST KICK THE ****ING BALL YA ****ING DINGBAT!!!!

jive

Liked Posts:
I kinda feel cheated that Lovie never flexed that epic beard when he was in town. It would have added at least 10% more excitement to his pressers.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yeah, this isn't an FTO-titled thread and despite what you said, its obvious you're attacking me, not the post.

Which is fine, because it proved you're still a salty bitch.

:benny:

Eberflus is quality so far. Really enjoying seeing his coaching style. Not enjoying anything you are posting though. It lacks depth. Please do better.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lovie did a swell job of "leading" Illini didn't he? Did they win more than two games a season under his "leadership"? Lovie always talked a good game but is not a guy who knows how to create a winning team. That game he "coached" yesterday illustrated exactly what he is not, namely a coach who knows how to win. If a coach doesn't have a go to play to gain three yards 90% of the time, he is NOT a good coach.