Roquan Smith

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTH! We have one of the best linebackers in the league. Just because you didn't notice him doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I thought he played a great game...not highest paid in the league great, but still very good.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
WTH! We have one of the best linebackers in the league. Just because you didn't notice him doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact.

The more impact a player has the more it is noticed.
Had he caught the ball yesterday he would've stopped the drive, that would be an impact and noticed. But he could have a million tackles and as long as they're allowing the other team to march down the field and score all he's doing is chewing up our time to match the score.

I'd suggest if he wants to be the highest paid he learns to do something that matters more to winning games. Otherwise the stats should be used as trade bait because we need players who are great on the field not players who are great on paper.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had he caught the ball yesterday he would've stopped the drive, that would be an impact and noticed. But he could have a million tackles and as long as they're allowing the other team to march down the field and score all he's doing is chewing up our time to match the score.

I'd suggest if he wants to be the highest paid he learns to do something that matters more to winning games. Otherwise the stats should be used as trade bait because we need players who are great on the field not players who are great on paper.
I would use the term "march" very carefully as the 9ers were held to 10 points and largely shut out in the 2nd half.
No one "marched" anywhere yesterday.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I would use the term "march" very carefully as the 9ers were held to 10 points and largely shut out in the 2nd half.
No one "marched" anywhere yesterday.

Uhhh, we won yesterday.
He's been here since 2018. The above stats are 2 year stats not yesterday stats. Had he got 300+ tackles with 30+ for a loss yesterday that would be noticeable. Sign him.

Why don't you take off the rose colored cherry picking glasses and look at all the games where other teams exactly dink and dunked their way to wins against us while our defense did nothing but burned up the clock?
He's not worth $20 million+ unless he becomes noticeable.

If you want the most talented defense at the cost of having an offense they'd better start pulling games like '06 AZ out of their asses.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhhh, we won yesterday.
He's been here since 2018. The above stats are 2 year stats not yesterday stats. Had he got 300+ tackles with 30+ for a loss yesterday that would be noticeable. Sign him.

Why don't you take off the rose colored cherry picking glasses and look at all the games where other teams exactly dink and dunked their way to wins against us while our defense did nothing but burned up the clock?

If you want the most talented defense at the cost of having an offense they'd better start pulling games like '06 AZ out of their asses.
I want the most talented defense. And it includes Roquan Smith, as it should.

Yesterday was a good day all around. They won't be playing a defense like the 9ers every week and it won't be raining.

My glasses tint dark in the sunshine and I believe this team is better than you think. Nothing wrong with that. It ain't great, but it ain't terrible either.

Fields is better than you think and Getsy is better than you think. QB1 has a long way to go and it's only week one.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Uhhh, we won yesterday.

Maybe 1/5 of this is even possible but ok.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Roquan priced himself out of future bear plans tho boo. That position is not worth 20+ million cap hits.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
It was the standard Roquan game. Watching it you barely notice him then afterwards look at the stat sheet and he has his 8-10 tackles leading the team. Then people kiss his ass based off the stat sheet tackles.

Then you get to the end of the season and he has his 100+ tackles on the stat sheet without a single memorable game and everyone wants to talk about how great he is. This isn't worth 20 mil a season.

PFF had him as the lowest rated player on the entire roster Sunday. What he does just isn't impactful.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It was the standard Roquan game. Watching it you barely notice him then afterwards look at the stat sheet and he has his 8-10 tackles leading the team. Then people kiss his ass based off the stat sheet tackles.

Then you get to the end of the season and he has his 100+ tackles on the stat sheet without a single memorable game and everyone wants to talk about how great he is. This isn't worth 20 mil a season.

PFF had him as the lowest rated player on the entire roster Sunday. What he does just isn't impactful.

this here.gif

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It was great to see after all the offseason BS him out there playing like a true pro. I hope he and the Bears can agree on a fair contract. Nobody can say that Roquan doesn't give the effort on the field.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Good player but not worth 20 million. If he generated more turnovers or was able to blitz the QB more, then the equation changes. I see him getting tagged for a season and Bears draft a replacement in the 2nd round next year.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Maybe 1/5 of this is even possible but ok.

So you're calling out the absurdity that's calling out absurdity. OK. Makes complete sense.
He's not worth what he's asking because he can tackle, mostly for gains 10:1.
That 2 year Smith record was worth 8/8 and 6/11 win/loss record, not $20M. If we can peg W/L on the QBs then we can blame W/L on individual defense too.

If Jackson goes back to snatching balls right and left give him the $20M. Urlacher worth it. Tillman, worth it. Smith may be worth more than average because he does tackle well but there's a long list of exception players that are worth the exceptional pay to be giving it to players that do their job well.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Yesterday was a good day all around. They won't be playing a defense like the 9ers every week and it won't be raining.

My glasses tint dark in the sunshine and I believe this team is better than you think. Nothing wrong with that. It ain't great, but it ain't terrible either.

Fields is better than you think and Getsy is better than you think. QB1 has a long way to go and it's only week one.

What I think about Fields, Getsy or the team is very far from what you think I think. No idea how you get that I think the whole team sucks because I think Smith being able to tackle isn't worth $20M.
Your perception of my thoughts is just as accurate as your perception of Smith's value to winning.

$20M to him is $20M we don't have for players who actually make game winning plays on either side of the ball. Just like you're clueless about the modern rules you must be clueless about the modern salary caps.

I think the last 3 starting QBs could've won more games if we'd get over this outdated infatuation with having the most talented defense and start fielding a TEAM that uses the modern NFL rules to their advantage.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

What fucking game were you watching?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Roquan a lot, and think he does impact the DEF in many ways, but I do agree that $20M is a bit high. He's making what, $9.7 a year now? Leonard is making #19.7. I think somewhere in between is about right. I'd be okay with about $15, which would be in line with the #4 interior LB.