Extreme Arrogance of the 49ers Announcers

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not really surprising honestly. If I'm honest, that 49ers defense looked legitimately top 5, and Deebo Samuel and Aiyuk looked fast. I do think the 49ers have more talent, but not for long. Their fans are an arrogant bunch though, and very few fans on their forum can admit that the team across from them played well enough to beat them.
Lance to no Kittle really hurt them.

Jimmy G would have been neutered in those conditions anyway.

But they need to establish they can throw with Lance to be able to run with Lance or any from backfield without Jimmy G commanding pass respect.

I think that’s the point Kyle Shan’s loses me in thought. Like your run plays are cool bro and the way you get the boys to ride or die together is fly, but fuck man you ain’t got the same spaces when Jimmy G ain’t put in three years of respect behind center.

Lance is gonna pinch every hole until he throws for 300+, no defense is gonna respect 35 yo brittle kitty ?‍⬛ and wanna be Samuel Ayuik.

The 49ers are caught in the middle of a foolish transition without the cap to cover up their ding dong.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<snip>

I think that’s the point Kyle Shan’s loses me in thought. Like your run plays are cool bro and the way you get the boys to ride or die together is fly, but fuck man you ain’t got the same spaces when Jimmy G ain’t put in three years of respect behind center.
</snip>
I think one thing that impressed me about their offense was how much misdirection there was. There were times, particularly in the second half, when the Bears defenders (as well as the camera) looked like they were frozen in time for a moment or two while they figured out where the ball was going.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Living in the SF Bay Area, I hear 49er stuff every day. Leading up to Sunday's game, the sheer arrogance of the experts was pretty disgusting. Even after the game, there was absolutely no credit given to the Bears and Justin Fields.

Tim Ryan, the 49er color guy is the most extreme homer. Ironically, a former Bear, every word that comes out of his mouth is slavish praise (and excuses for Trey Lance) for the Niners. I know they're paid to kiss ass, but enough is enough. So this win was really sweet!

Any other folks have experience with homer anouncers?

Who cares? Why do some of you adults care so much about stupid shit? Some of you need more things to do with your time. It's like the meathead that gets mad that so and so isn't in the hall of fame or calls a sports talk show to whine about how the media doesn't respect so and so. So dumb!!!!!!!!

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If you think they’re bad, wait till you hear Wayne Larrivee this week.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who cares? Why do some of you adults care so much about stupid shit? Some of you need more things to do with your time. It's like the meathead that gets mad that so and so isn't in the hall of fame or calls a sports talk show to whine about how the media doesn't respect so and so. So dumb!!!!!!!!
Do you understand irony?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Do you understand irony?

Absolutely, but I mostly read this stuff to make me feel better about myself. I can't believe some of the shit that adults care about and get mad about.. When a meathead does something dumb, I like to let them know.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lance to no Kittle really hurt them.

Jimmy G would have been neutered in those conditions anyway.

But they need to establish they can throw with Lance to be able to run with Lance or any from backfield without Jimmy G commanding pass respect.

Lance is gonna pitch every hole until he throws for 300+, no defense is gonna respect 35 yo brittle kitty ?‍⬛ and wanna be Samuel Ayuik.

The 49ers are caught in the middle of a foolish transition without the cap to cover up their ding dong.

JG is a dink and dunker that throws too many picks. The dude throws 5 yard passes and still gets picked off way touch.

Now that may be good enough given their D and the fact they have great YAC guys but it is also very tough in the playoffs when your QB is too scared to throw outside the hashes beyond 10 yards.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
If you think they’re bad, wait till you hear Wayne Larrivee this week.
I liked Wayne Larrivee when he was a Bears announcer.
You cater to who's paying you unless it's egregiously unethical. I was very sad when he went to the dark side.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Every team has their "homer" announcers. I can remember Jack Brickhouse back in the day, slobbering all over the Cubs. But, his Hey Hey! lives on to this day...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JG is a dink and dunker that throws too many picks. The dude throws 5 yard passes and still gets picked off way touch.

Now that may be good enough given their D and the fact they have great YAC guys but it is also very tough in the playoffs when your QB is too scared to throw outside the hashes beyond 10 yards.
Whatever.

Jimmy G is way above average and gives them a chance to win every game.

Lance through 10 times per game in college and every time was a shock to the defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whatever.

Jimmy G is way above average and gives them a chance to win every game.

Lance through 10 times per game in college and every time was a shock to the defense.

He has basically cost them a Super Bowl and a chance at a Super Bowl. He was terrible when it mattered against the Chiefs and Rams.

So sure he is probably a slightly above average QB but there is a reason Shanny felt the need to trade 2 first rounders for a chance at a franchise QB. JG is a game manager. That might just be enough for the Niners as the team as a whole is good but so far it hasn't been enough.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He has basically cost them a Super Bowl and a chance at a Super Bowl. He was terrible when it mattered against the Chiefs and Rams.

So sure he is probably a slightly above average QB but there is a reason Shanny felt the need to trade 2 first rounders for a chance at a franchise QB. JG is a game manager. That might just be enough for the Niners as the team as a whole is good but so far it hasn't been enough.

Agreed. He basically cost them that superbowl....missed a wide open emmanuel sanders.

Jimmy is a great game manager, but thats all he is. He's just like mitch, can't make a throw over 10 yards on a regular basis. Shit, he's even worse than mitch at that aspect. If you have an accuracy issue then you better process coverage better than anyone in the league, but he still makes rookie mistakes in like his 8th year.

Who cares if he wins regular season games?

He literally threw the ball like 16 times over 20 yards the year he took them to the superbowl, in 16 games. Patty Mahomes does that in like 4 weeks.

No one on here would ever care about Jimmy if he didn't grow up here. No one in the national media would care about jimmy if he didn't come from that patriots tree that has spewed out failures at QB outside of Brady.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I still think Fields wasn't given the offensive supporthe deserves. Let's see what happens in the next few games, Of course when you make a brilliant play like the opposite field pass to Pettis, anything is possible.
If JF goes on to have a solid season and looks like the guy i gurantee next years draft will be like christmas for JF.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Shanny made the right move to trade up for a QB, however he just picked the wrong guy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Living in the SF Bay Area, I hear 49er stuff every day. Leading up to Sunday's game, the sheer arrogance of the experts was pretty disgusting. Even after the game, there was absolutely no credit given to the Bears and Justin Fields.

Tim Ryan, the 49er color guy is the most extreme homer. Ironically, a former Bear, every word that comes out of his mouth is slavish praise (and excuses for Trey Lance) for the Niners. I know they're paid to kiss ass, but enough is enough. So this win was really sweet!

Any other folks have experience with homer anouncers?
They're from California. Of course they'd be like that. You never heard of east coast / west coast bias? Of course the Giants and Jets have been trash for so long, its taken a lot of the bite out of the East Coast, but yeah, the coastal cities have been shitting on Chicago sports since forever.