What are your expectations for Fields vs GB? (Football talk only.)

What kind of production do you expect from Fields on Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll vote on Saturday once we know the full weather forecast (which as of yesterday was a 60 percent chance of rain).

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I am honestly over the statistical argument here. Is he winning? Is he the catalyst for the wins we get? Is he growing as a passer? Is he seeing more of the field and making good reads?

The numbers only matter to those posters that want to argue about games they do not watch.
This same line of thinking was used to defend Mitch. We got a lot of wins in 2018, and some posters confused that with Mitch being good or "good enough" or progressing. Mitch is on his 3rd team now.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am honestly over the statistical argument here. Is he winning? Is he the catalyst for the wins we get? Is he growing as a passer? Is he seeing more of the field and making good reads?

The numbers only matter to those posters that want to argue about games they do not watch.
100%, sir. Say it louder for the people in the back. That SF game had to feel good for Fields. Bears were routinely shit on all offseason. The Bears don't win that game without Justin Fields, despite his poor stat line, he made plays when they needed to be made. Is that not what we want?

This game will be a good test. Primetime game on the road, hostile environment, vs a 'rival'. I want to see Fields live up to the moment more so than just creating some arbitrary numbers and saying 'he needs to get X yards and X amount of TDs' for it to be a good game. Let the stats fall where they may.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears offense will struggle mightily because I think packers have a really good defense and the Bears offense still is pretty limited outside of fields who still has a lot to prove

This is totally the correct answer, but I am just going all FTP and say the Packer defense is just as overrated as ever and Fields looks like a legit NFL QB on Sunday Night Live!!!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
100%, sir. Say it louder for the people in the back. That SF game had to feel good for Fields. Bears were routinely shit on all offseason. The Bears don't win that game without Justin Fields, despite his poor stat line, he made plays when they needed to be made. Is that not what we want?

This game will be a good test. Primetime game on the road, hostile environment, vs a 'rival'. I want to see Fields live up to the moment more so than just creating some arbitrary numbers and saying 'he needs to get X yards and X amount of TDs' for it to be a good game. Let the stats fall where they may.
X amount of TDs? X amount of yards?

You have to score to win. You typically have to move the ball to score. They are correlated to a degree. I'm not going to kid myself.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If JF gets decent pass pro and time in the pocket. I predict a win vs GB

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This same line of thinking was used to defend Mitch. We got a lot of wins in 2018, and some posters confused that with Mitch being good or "good enough" or progressing. Mitch is on his 3rd team now.
I think from that standpoint, you need to look at whether or not Fields is "a" or "the" reason for why we won, or perhaps why the ball moved even if it was only in a limited capacity. You look at last game, and even though our stats sucked, you can't watch that game and say that Fields wasn't the primary reason our offense got done what it got done, which wasn't always the case for Mitch.

But it's a valid point nonetheless. If Fields largely sucks or struggles but we win games cause the defense is much better than expected then you're right, no one should be like "but we're winning games!"

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think from that standpoint, you need to look at whether or not Fields is "a" or "the" reason for why we won, or perhaps why the ball moved even if it was only in a limited capacity. You look at last game, and even though our stats sucked, you can't watch that game and say that Fields wasn't the primary reason our offense got done what it got done, which wasn't always the case for Mitch.

But it's a valid point nonetheless. If Fields largely sucks or struggles but we win games cause the defense is much better than expected then you're right, no one should be like "but we're winning games!"
This defense is going to give up points this year. We are not going to face Trey Lance every week. This will be a rude awakening for ppl who don't think low yardage is a problem. The loses start piling up.

Mitch could get away with "leading" the offense to 15, 16, 18 points and the defense could cover - that's not going to work with this team. Not for long.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I'll vote on Saturday once we know the full weather forecast (which as of yesterday was a 60 percent chance of rain).
I checked yesterday and it was like a high of 82.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The 2018 season taught me just about everything I needed to know about Trubisky.

I am sure the 2022 season will do the same for me and Fields. If he disappoints, I will have no problem jumping on the "Poles needs to draft his own QB" train.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vikings moved the ball at will against the Packers. Receivers wide open and no pass rush.
Vikings have a better roster overall

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
250 yards and 3 TDs

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 2018 season taught me just about everything I needed to know about Trubisky.

I am sure the 2022 season will do the same for me and Fields. If he disappoints, I will have no problem jumping on the "Poles needs to draft his own QB" train.
2018 didn't have me convinced either way yet. I wanted to see how he came out in 2019. :brady: