Aaron Rodgers praises Roquan

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Went looking for the games since 2018 that we've shut down anyone. It's not there. History says shutting them down isn't happening. History also says as far as the defense goes Rodgers will be able to dink and dunk them to death and probably get a few big ones along the way.

But speaking of Rodgers, didn't I see Fields get a free play and take his shot last week?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I do not see what the problem is here. Roquan Smith is a tremendous defensive player and AR is pointing that out.

I don't know about tremendous (he's not going to share the money with you so you can be real) but I'll give you very good.
Even on his best day Smith is not the type of player to make Rodgers shake in his boots. Mack maybe, but not Smith. Realistically what he will do against Rodgers is stop screen passes for less of a gain than they'd get otherwise.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Legend has it that Rodgers discovered Roquan was his spirit animal while tripping balls with a Shaman in Peru.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about tremendous (he's not going to share the money with you so you can be real) but I'll give you very good.
Even on his best day Smith is not the type of player to make Rodgers shake in his boots. Mack maybe, but not Smith. Realistically what he will do against Rodgers is stop screen passes for less of a gain than they'd get otherwise.

No... Roquan Smith is a TREMENDOUS defensive player and is grossly underrated by many on this message board. It isn't about making Rodgers "shake in his boots". Rodgers is on the field and reads defenses as well as anybody. He knows exactly what Smith brings to the table.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No... Roquan Smith is a TREMENDOUS defensive player and is grossly underrated by many on this message board. It isn't about making Rodgers "shake in his boots". Rodgers is on the field and reads defenses as well as anybody. He knows exactly what Smith brings to the table.

Or he wants the team to think that so they spend $20M+ of cap space on a player he can dink and dunk to wins like he has done in all but one game in the 4 years Smith has been here. Yes he knows exactly what Smith brings, someone he can beat without worry of being tackled or getting picked off.

The record just doesn't speak as highly about Smith as Smith and many on this message board do. He can tackle and that is it. Rarely for a loss but mostly for gains.
It is exactly about making him shake in his boots. If it's not and he's saying he wants us to keep the player you should ask yourself why. When it was Urlacher did Rodgers say he would miss him or that the Bears would miss him? Was he saying how much he'd miss Mack?
I mean this is obviously a topic created by the media and meaningless platitudes from the player(s) but get real. If the QB doesn't have some fear for his health or stats going against a player nothing the QB says matters.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Went looking for the games since 2018 that we've shut down anyone. It's not there. History says shutting them down isn't happening. History also says as far as the defense goes Rodgers will be able to dink and dunk them to death and probably get a few big ones along the way.

But speaking of Rodgers, didn't I see Fields get a free play and take his shot last week?
If it goes like all GB/Bear's games go, Rodgers will get treated with kid gloves and Fields will take cheap shots the entire game. NFL games get officiated according to what the league office wants to see happen. The one hope that I see if the penchant to avoid penalties by the new Bear's coaching staff. its going to be very interesting but I think that I am going to be once again very pissed off by the officiating in the upcoming game.

Reactions: Myk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
As much as I want to say "fuck him", I also do respect him.

I'm still not an old cunt like @Omeletpants , but Rodgers is the best regular season QB I've seen in my lifetime. Too bad about the playoffs.
Never saw Brees, Manning, or Brady huh?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like when Mack had his best day in a Bears jersey, Rodgers could hardly stand up and the Bears still lost. No Bears player make him shake in his boots, it’s generally an easy win!

• Sad
Reactions: Myk

mecha

Liked Posts:
Never saw Brees, Manning, or Brady huh?
Brady is second only to Belichick with Super Bowl wins. he's nowhere near as physically impressive as the other 3. at the end of the day he's still the GOAT, and his stats dwarf Rodgers even in contemporary times when he's about 7 years past his shelf life. Rodgers bores the shit out of me when I watch him play. at least when Favre kicked the Bears asses it was amusing to watch. Rodgers just looks like his helmet makes his head want to fall over. he's also a shit human being in every other way that Favre isn't a shit human being.

Peyton Manning was my favorite quarterback out of the lot to watch.

that being said, I agree, fuck Rodgers and his opinion. and his 1 Super Bowl win. in his illustrious 18 season career.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked this little nugget...

Highest graded 2022 Draft pick on defense in Week 1 (first review)? Bears fifth-round ED Dominique Robinson - 89.8. - 21.4% pass rush win rate / pressure percentage - 3 QB pressures (1.5 sacks) 10 points clear of the next highest.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I liked this little nugget...

Highest graded 2022 Draft pick on defense in Week 1 (first review)? Bears fifth-round ED Dominique Robinson - 89.8. - 21.4% pass rush win rate / pressure percentage - 3 QB pressures (1.5 sacks) 10 points clear of the next highest.
@nc0gnet0

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
History tells us that Rogers is going to get the best of us, because he is smart against the Blitz, and knows how to pick apart the 4-3....

I hope that Flus and Williams watch the Vikings tape closely to see what they did to essentially shut down the Packers and can come up with something.