**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And just the record, Leno graded at 81.2 with PFF last year. Week 1 this year he was at 73.7.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
CCS hated Leno and wanted him gone..........until he was gone and those same people found out he's actually pretty damn good at his job.
I think "pretty damn good" is a little strong for the way Leno was playing right before he left, but yeah Pace cut him too soon, because we did not have a suitable replacement.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CCS hated Leno and wanted him gone..........until he was gone and those same people found out he's actually pretty damn good at his job.

C'mon man, I share a birthday with the guy (along with ex-Bears Anthony Miller and Mike Singletary) and I really wanted him to succeed. Dude proposed to his wife on the field; I mean who doesn't enjoy getting behind a player who does something like that?

But he seemed to have his worst plays at the most clutch times, whether they were holds or false-starts or just getting beaten. So many drive-killing mistakes, and stalled drives = stalled offenses = fired players and fired coaches. I do admit he was serviceable at times. Maybe getting cut by the Bears was the wake-up call he needed. I'm not sure of his stats now vs when he played for the Bears, but either way I wish him well. But it says something that 40 year old Jason Peters seemed more reliable to me last year than when Leno was here (and I confess this is not empirical data, just my own possibly faulty and selective memory).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No he wasn't. No one wanted Leno back, but you never let any truth get in the way of your knob bobbing for Pace.His extension was just one in a long line of Pace misfires.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
D. Robinson needs a lot more snaps on Sunday. He has earned them.
While we're on the subject of Robinson I've been meaning to say I don't much like seeing him compared to Mark Anderson.

Most of Anderson's sacks his first year came when he went unblocked because one or two others on that dl we're drawing doubles. When he had to fly on his own he didn't have what it took.

I actually think Robinson's ceiling is much higher.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
C'mon man, I share a birthday with the guy (along with ex-Bears Anthony Miller and Mike Singletary) and I really wanted him to succeed. Dude proposed to his wife on the field; I mean who doesn't enjoy getting behind a player who does something like that?

But he seemed to have his worst plays at the most clutch times, whether they were holds or false-starts or just getting beaten. So many drive-killing mistakes, and stalled drives = stalled offenses = fired players and fired coaches. I do admit he was serviceable at times. Maybe getting cut by the Bears was the wake-up call he needed. I'm not sure of his stats now vs when he played for the Bears, but either way I wish him well. But it says something that 40 year old Jason Peters seemed more reliable to me last year than when Leno was here (and I confess this is not empirical data, just my own possibly faulty and selective memory).
I don't agree and think he was better than what those fans thought he was while here. Sure he had plenty of bad plays, most do, but he had way more good plays than bad plays while here. CCS just found someone to complain every day about and took off with it.

Incoming @remydat with PFF stats.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't agree and think he was better than what those fans thought he was while here. Sure he had plenty of bad plays, most do, but he had way more good plays than bad plays while here. CCS just found someone to complain every day about and took off with it.

Incoming @remydat with PFF stats.
Then we agree to disagree, and I'm cool with that.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It does rain in the south. Not surprising. It's like saying water is wet. I never stated rain would be a problem. It's the temperature in the north that is the issue. It'll be a moot point anyways the team that maintains Soldier Field has said they are planting rye to offset the bermudagrass.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is it possible you have conflated two different groups. There have always been posters that complained about Leno. I'm pretty sure I was one of those and was not happy that there was not a replacement in place as was just pointed out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You did nothing but complain about how he stopped playing after he got paid and how many steps back he took. Now you're a big time supporter out of nowhere huh? fraudbears70

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is alienating Chicago fans really worth the clicks for ESPN? Honestly I hope the blatant disrespect continues. I like the Bears as pissed off underdogs all season long. Keep feeding the bulletin board.
One game at a time. This is all good as far as I am concerned. I love it. All I want to see is a continuation of few penalties and hustling players. All of the experts around football mock the Bear's talent or rather the lack of it. Jimmy Johnson before the last game laughed like crazy about the Bear's having no chance against the 49ers saying they had no talent whatsoever.

I've always said the talent spread between teams in the NFL is pretty close and that putting that talent is the schemes that can win is greatly important. Last years bear's team had a large amount of talent in my estimation. But the players almost to a man DOGGED IT, FAKED INJURIES, AND TOOK EVERY OTHER PLAY OFF. Mack was guilty big time as was Hicks and others. The offensive lineman were dogs also. Go back in time and all of these players were All Conference, All American, terrific college players. Same for every other team out there.

So, bottom line. I love this head coach and his philosophy. Weed out players, no matter how talented they are, if they don't buy into his philosophy, trade em or cut em and bring in players who do want to play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is it possible you have conflated two different groups. There have always been posters that complained about Leno. I'm pretty sure I was one of those and was not happy that there was not a replacement in place as was just pointed out.
It is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.