**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You did nothing but complain about how he stopped playing after he got paid and how many steps back he took. Now you're a big time supporter out of nowhere huh? fraudbears70
giphy.gif
ccldsaeztby2m7qjajbq49y9j83gb2j8vmje%26rid%3Dgiphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Quality posting. Make claim that CCS was doing the same thing you were doing and when called out use the same redundant gifs that you're known for using when you have nothing to say.

Another day at the mental facility.
giphy.gif

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One game at a time. This is all good as far as I am concerned. I love it. All I want to see is a continuation of few penalties and hustling players. All of the experts around football mock the Bear's talent or rather the lack of it. Jimmy Johnson before the last game laughed like crazy about the Bear's having no chance against the 49ers saying they had no talent whatsoever.

I've always said the talent spread between teams in the NFL is pretty close and that putting that talent is the schemes that can win is greatly important. Last years bear's team had a large amount of talent in my estimation. But the players almost to a man DOGGED IT, FAKED INJURIES, AND TOOK EVERY OTHER PLAY OFF. Mack was guilty big time as was Hicks and others. The offensive lineman were dogs also. Go back in time and all of these players were All Conference, All American, terrific college players. Same for every other team out there.

So, bottom line. I love this head coach and his philosophy. Weed out players, no matter how talented they are, if they don't buy into his philosophy, trade em or cut em and bring in players who do want to play.

The problem is how loosely the national media is using the word "talent". There is raw talent on our roster, specifically athleticism. What we lack is established production. But it's a young roster.

Our biggest deficiency in the offseason was offensive line, right? The OL graded decently (PFF) against probably their biggest challenge of the year, and we still don't have our starting center playing in position:

B. Jones - 58.4
Whitehair - 57.6
Mustipher - 60.1
Patrick - 65.9
Jenkins - 77.9
Borom - 75.3

We got a good look at the OL floor in week 1, and I for one am relieved at the player development there. I feel like Braxton Jones is only going to get better with reps. He certainly has talent. Our year 2 guys on the right side already looked solid. Jenkins very well might be a beast. Even Mustipher, who should be viewed as a backup can give us solid starts.

Next position of concern is WR. Pettis had a 51 yard TD that showcased Fields off-schedule ability. St Brown had a TD catch of 18 yards that showcased scheme and execution. Pringle had a 22 yard rec. There's a lot more to prove at the position, but seeing our #2-4 WRs make explosive plays (in spite of the weather) to turn the game around means something.

We certainly don't lack talent at QB. Fields runs a 4.4, has a plus arm, a sharp mind and a great work ethic. He just led the team through a bad first half, played within himself, and put up two touchdowns on a playoff caliber defense to win a game as a 7 point underdog. The way he looked off the safety on the St. Brown TD speaks to his development.

I mean, where else are we deficient in talent? We certainly can compete week to week. We probably need more guys to develop into blue chippers if we're going to make a run, but we're in year 1 of a rebuild.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't agree and think he was better than what those fans thought he was while here. Sure he had plenty of bad plays, most do, but he had way more good plays than bad plays while here. CCS just found someone to complain every day about and took off with it.

Incoming @remydat with PFF stats.

Umm I pointed out several times that Leno was better than people gave him credit for and in fact noted is PFF grades.

Having said that I also have no problem with the fact he was cut as it was time to get younger and hopefully find someone with more upside. The problem with cutting Leno was the way Pace went about trying to fill the hole.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It does rain in the south. Not surprising. It's like saying water is wet. I never stated rain would be a problem. It's the temperature in the north that is the issue. It'll be a moot point anyways the team that maintains Soldier Field has said they are planting rye to offset the bermudagrass.

Yes and as I said first forst isn't expected until November so it is fine for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.