Packer's offensive line woes

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I think we may be getting another perfect storm (no pun intended) against the Packers. It relates to their offensive line. Of course, Jenkins and Bakhtiari were out last week. Just saw a video on Twitter. Bakhtiari doesn't look close. Jenkins, based on the fact that he hasn't had a full year to heal just yet tells me he may need some more time. But who knows, really.

So, last week the starting line was Yosh Nijman, Jon Runyan, Josh Myers, Jake Hanson, and Royce Newman. Jon Runyan is in concussion protocol. Josh Myers, the overdrafted center was meh...Packer's fans were hailing this guy. Now the sober ones are starting to express buyer's remorse. Jake Hanson was brutal. Completely brutal. Their left tack Yosh Nijman did well in pass protection but they don't like him for run blocking. Still, I think he's probably their best lineman if Jenkins and Bakhtiari don't plan. Royce Newman was also very blah and he lost his starting job last year to Lucas Patrick.

Let's talk about their rookies. Sean Rhyan is a third round pick. Can't get on the field. So, that's what the coaches think of him. The other rookie Zach Tom is very athletic. They might have something there but he's not a big body that's going to move people. Personally, I think he is better suited for tackle but the Packer coaches are hesitant to put him out there.

This may be why Aaron Rodgers is so impatient with his rookies....ball has to be out and the WRs have to be in the right place. Davante Adams he could do this all do everyday. But with this group, not so much. I think he will do getter with Allen Lazard back...but losing Runyan makes things worse than last week.

In short, if the Packer's offensive line where a control panel on a nuclear power plant, right now all alarms are going off and red lights are flashing everywhere.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't the Packer pound the Bears on the ground in their 2nd meeting with 4 backup linemen and I believe 5 backup linemen in the 2nd half? With that said, Losing Adams and not replacing him with a true number one WR is going to hurt this offense. It took Adams into his 3rd season with Rodgers before that combination exploded. They didn't draft a J. Jefferson or J. Chase. No rookie on that team is going to take the league by storm this season. Last week against the Vikes the Packers WR's and Rodgers had very little chemistry. Getting Lazard back will help but he is far from a #1 WR and benefited greatly from having defenses focusing on Adams the last 2 seasons.

btw...I haven't been on CCS lately, is PackerNation still talking shit this week after taking an ass pounding?

Bust

Liked Posts:
I think we may be getting another perfect storm (no pun intended) against the Packers. It relates to their offensive line. Of course, Jenkins and Bakhtiari were out last week. Just saw a video on Twitter. Bakhtiari doesn't look close. Jenkins, based on the fact that he hasn't had a full year to heal just yet tells me he may need some more time. But who knows, really.

Ever since the packers extended Bakh the guy has been injury prone. woot!

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson at this point is a legitimate deep threat, but already he has drops and I think he had that issue in college.

I guess I’m delusional enough to think the bears might actually win this one.
I don't mean to say the Packers don't have any talent at the WR position. Every team has pro level talent, so have more some have less. Green Bay has always had veteran WR's with talent under Rodgers which helped maintain a level of cohesiveness. Last week against the Vikes there were at least 3 plays I remember where Rodgers and the WR were not on the same page. As Bears fans we see this all the time but you rarely see this with a Packers offense under Rodgers. I hope we see 2 or 3 of those plays Sunday night with EJax ready to take one of those to the house.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Packer pound the Bears on the ground in their 2nd meeting with 4 backup linemen and I believe 5 backup linemen in the 2nd half? With that said, Losing Adams and not replacing him with a true number one WR is going to hurt this offense. It took Adams into his 3rd season with Rodgers before that combination exploded. They didn't draft a J. Jefferson or J. Chase. No rookie on that team is going to take the league by storm this season. Last week against the Vikes the Packers WR's and Rodgers had very little chemistry. Getting Lazard back will help but he is far from a #1 WR and benefited greatly from having defenses focusing on Adams the last 2 seasons.

btw...I haven't been on CCS lately, is PackerNation still talking shit this week after taking an ass pounding?

Justin Jones had a PFF score of 30.8 last week.

Angelo Blackson had a PFF score of 30.1

So, technically, Packer's 2nd and 3rd stringers may be better than our starters in the interior. Can we say, praise the lord for Armon Watts. Vikings front office and head coach could be our MVP this year. I I think I saw a vido clip of Trevis Gipson playing 3T. If that's the case, I want more! Please give me more. I worry about Jones and Blackson.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Justin Jones had a PFF score of 30.8 last week.

Angelo Blackson had a PFF score of 30.1

So, technically, Packer's 2nd and 3rd stringers may be better than our starters in the interior. Can we say, praise the lord for Armon Watts. Vikings front office and head coach could be our MVP this year. I I think I saw a vido clip of Trevis Gipson playing 3T. If that's the case, I want more! Please give me more. I worry about Jones and Blackson.
Watts will get a lot more snaps this week. Won't be long before he is up to speed and starting.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would fully expect Rodgers to throw 4 TDs on us even if the other 10 dudes on his offense were a bunch of midgets in Packers uniforms. Like Rodgers + 10 Ewoks just shitting all over us.

Aaron Rodgers has damaged me as a person.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Packers offensive line woes would be roughly translated to "can't get away with holding". then it would be woes.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I got a feeling the Bears will win this game if they score first. It maybe totally opposite if Packers do score early. Rogers will "dink and dunk" us to death. Justin needs to get going early.

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodgers is still that HOF'er that in any given year could be the MVP of the NFL.

However, the homer in me is so drunk on Kool-Aide I think the BEARs may amaze the league Sunday night, with a sterling D and an effective O

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, Brett Huntley beat the Bears once. That franchise just kinda owns us, and we need a dynamic shift. Rodgers and guys from a hot dog truck could dominate the Bears at this point.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
While I'm not gonna predict the Packers will suddenly suck or anything, I don't think this team is Superbowl bound either. I had read in pre-season and the DB and Jenkins wouldn't be ready until like week 4-5, and now they even question if DB will ever play again. And the one with a concussion is apparently a long shot.

But the Bears D will still have to play nearly flawless. I think Quinn and Robinson can get to Rodgers, or at least rattle him, but the secondary is gonna have to mug the WRs, put a little fear into them.

Packers string suit will be their run game, and those two with passes out of the backfield. If they can lock down those two somehow, I think they can keep Rodgers from putting a 40 burger up again.

But Fields has gotta start strong, like he did the last trip to Green Bay. Get things going and never let go.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Jones was 5 for 35 yards, Dillon was 15 for 71 yards. So, not killing, but they got over 100 yards on the ground, Jones had another 30 through the air.

The killer was Adams' 10 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

I look at it this way, we want to beat your best. Get everybody healthy and bring it on. I think Bears fans waste too much time on the Packers. We will beat them, if not sooner then later. The mental toughness Fields showed on Sunday was remarkable, if we can keep him upright the Bears will be a very good team in due time. This is year is about the foundation. Next year we will have some bright shiny high draft picks and some new free agents. I am enjoying this process. It brings me down just thinking about the Packers. If you want to beat the Packers just put as many shoulder pads as you can into that broken down old man in the backfield...

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

I'm predicting for the Packers left to right: Yosh Nijman - Royce Newman - Josh Myers - Sean Rhyan - Zach Tom

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pressure, pressure, pressure. That will win us this game with opportunistic defense, they will be trying to get a quick ball out A rod will slice and dice us but we need to make him pay.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
must be +2 or more with turnovers. Bears must have zero given away. Can't settle for field goals if we get in the red zone.