Roquan Smith...

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
I will give him a bit of a break cause think he may still be getting his feet under him a bit after sitting out most of Training Camp BUT if he really wants a top level contract he better start playing MUCH better. Do we need to move him back to the middle more? He also looks like he is a bit heavy and slower than he use to be right now.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I've been a big supporter of his and have generally sided with overpaying him this past offseason. But tonight was really discouraging. I didn't see him in the backfield much and it seemed as if GB was getting 8 yards a carry on 1st down. When I did see him he was being blocked downfield and struggling to shed blocks as quick.

But at the end of the day it's just one game. He can't do it by himself. Multiple players had rough performances on defense. Unfortunate penalties, missed tackles, and lack of focus on 3rd down, etc

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has a habit of starting slow every season. He'll be fine in a few weeks

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It was his choice to sit out. He already used that card 4 years ago. No breaks given from me.

But wasn't he good last week?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Terrible night for him, between getting blown up by a WR block in space (wasnt a 1 step crack block) and jogging on plays where GB RB beats the defense to the edge and turns the corner for big gains... I get that hes never going to handle OL and strong blocking TEs well due to his size and skill set but Allen Lazard should not be removing you from a run pay by his damn self.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I will give him a bit of a break cause think he may still be getting his feet under him a bit after sitting out most of Training Camp BUT if he really wants a top level contract he better start playing MUCH better. Do we need to move him back to the middle more? He also looks like he is a bit heavy and slower than he use to be right now.
Thats exactly why I'm not going to give him a break. He's still out of shape and he's never played WILL in a 4-3 defense before, so he had lots to learn. He hit the wrong gap many times the first two games. This crap is all on him. If he would have been there for the enitre camp he would be in the same boat contract wise as he is today. Shame on him

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was his choice to sit out. He already used that card 4 years ago. No breaks given from me.

But wasn't he good last week?
No, he was not good last week. Was slow and hit the wrong gaps wagy too much

Reactions: Myk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats exactly why I'm not going to give him a break. He's still out of shape and he's never played WILL in a 4-3 defense before, so he had lots to learn. He hit the wrong gap many times the first two games. This crap is all on him. If he would have been there for the enitre camp he would be in the same boat contract wise as he is today. Shame on him

Eh the WILL thing is irrelevant. This is who Quan always has been. He sucks when blocked which is part of the reason why I said you either sign him if you can live with that or trade him. And whether we like it or not, the contract is bound to affect him even if he or the Bears truly believe it won't.

So this is on the Bears and Quan. The contract situation needed to get resolved so that he would be ready for the season and so that he could play with a clear conscience. Whether with us or someone else. Quan was not going to propel us to the playoffs this year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Roquan was credited with 11 gang tackles and 5 solo, lol

anyone who spews tackle stats at the end of this season for roquan's pay raise needs to watch the full packer game, heh

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has a habit of starting slow every season. He'll be fine in a few weeks
You don't get a pass for this. THere is only 17 games in a season, no need for players who "start slow" IF that's the case his annual salary should reflect his slow starts

Last edited:

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Saw him get rocked once by AJ Dillon on one of Jones TD runs...Not impressive.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh the WILL thing is irrelevant. This is who Quan always has been. He sucks when blocked which is part of the reason why I said you either sign him if you can live with that or trade him. And whether we like it or not, the contract is bound to affect him even if he or the Bears truly believe it won't.

So this is on the Bears and Quan. The contract situation needed to get resolved so that he would be ready for the season and so that he could play with a clear conscience. Whether with us or someone else. Quan was not going to propel us to the playoffs this year.
this. He gets washed out of too many plays., especially being overweight and out of shape.