Hard to swallow pills...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
one play. This is as great of a sample size as your "BUT CCS TOLD ME_____" claims that only end up being one person.
100% this.
The "historic" draft class
Mooney is a #1 WR
And so on and so on

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Big day. Just be sure to shower and brush your teeth. Radiating stale booze is a Barber's worst nightmare, outside of toddlers.

That's probably why Ratliff wanted to kill Trestman's kids.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
I tried to tell y'all Fields is complete garbage. My bust videos about him aging well.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If Justin Fields has another rotten game throwing the ball against the Texans, my panic meter jumps all the way to 10.

We are what, 14, 15 starts in and he has yet to have a single 300 yards passing performance. He's never thrown for more than 2 touchdowns in a game. He's not always playing the 49'ers and the Packers every week either. At some point, this guy has to have a game where he just completely takes it over. We are long enough into his career that we should have seen at least one of those performances by now. The longer this drags on, the more worried I become.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Now we are going to hear the narrative that before the season we would have taken 1-1 after our first two games.

Yes, we would have but I’d rather see signs of being in the 21st century on the offensive side of the ball.

How can they honestly judge if he’s the guy or not throwing the ball 12-15 times a game in 2022?

Does Mooney have 1 reception? At least everyone is going to be real cheap to resign!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Monty is good too. Obviously, some hyperbole by me...but it's not too far from the truth.

Agreed, wish it were different but it’s not.

Let’s say we get the first pick just for arguments sake and this is the type of QB play we get on average for the year: who do we draft? Another Ohio State QB???

I want him to be the guy but I just don’t see it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, wish it were different but it’s not.

Let’s say we get the first pick just for arguments sake and this is the type of QB play we get on average for the year: who do we draft? Another Ohio State QB???

I want him to be the guy but I just don’t see it.
We might have to trade down for a boatload of picks and stick with Fields for another year.

There's a ways to go in college football, perhaps someone comes out of nowhere like Burrow. Then you could draft a rookie QB, have him sit, and play Fields for one more year max and dump him.

Completely, hypothetical. Fields has until the final few games of this year before we can call him a bust. He's gotta look good against Houston, NYG, and Washington tho.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
It should be obvious at this point Fields isn't going to be the QB we hoped he would. If he was going to be special he would have shown it already regardless of the talent around him. He's not going to be a guy in the conversation for top 5 qb in the league. At this point we will be lucky if he's ever even in the top half of the leagues QBs.

It doesn't matter how physically gifted you are when playing QB in the NFL if you cant mentally process whats happening fast enough. I don't care how well he did on the wonderlic, he's lost on the field. He has zero pocket awareness. Just like Cutler, Grossman etc. Great arm talents that were mental midgets.

Its a shame. Was hoping the Bears finally got it right. His ceiling is a 15-20 best QB in the league. Floor is one of the worst QBs in the league. Which is where he's currently at.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
It should be obvious at this point Fields isn't going to be the QB we hoped he would. If he was going to be special he would have shown it already regardless of the talent around him. He's not going to be a guy in the conversation for top 5 qb in the league. At this point we will be lucky if he's ever even in the top half of the leagues QBs.

It doesn't matter how physically gifted you are when playing QB in the NFL if you cant mentally process whats happening fast enough. I don't care how well he did on the wonderlic, he's lost on the field. He has zero pocket awareness. Just like Cutler, Grossman etc. Great arm talents that were mental midgets.

Its a shame. Was hoping the Bears finally got it right. His ceiling is a 15-20 best QB in the league. Floor is one of the worst QBs in the league. Which is where he's currently at.

Exactly! I hate when they were all over his athletic ability and his 4:4 forty speed and size.

These are pointless skills if you’re a shitty QB!

They never seem to talk about skills that Brady has and he’s the best of all time. He’s still great and is 90 years old with a pretty weak arm.

Obviously it’s better if they have both athleticism and QB skills but there just seems to be so much emphasis on physical traits these days.

Trey Lance is another example. Dude threw 17 passes in his career at western Babylon beauty school and the niners traded 3 firsts, 5 seconds and a few more so they could draft him!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If Justin Fields has another rotten game throwing the ball against the Texans, my panic meter jumps all the way to 10.

We are what, 14, 15 starts in and he has yet to have a single 300 yards passing performance. He's never thrown for more than 2 touchdowns in a game. He's not always playing the 49'ers and the Packers every week either. At some point, this guy has to have a game where he just completely takes it over. We are long enough into his career that we should have seen at least one of those performances by now. The longer this drags on, the more worried I become.
I agree with you. I still fully support him. I think he can get better. But he needs to show something now more than ever. The preseason doesn’t matter. You have to show it in the regular season. You have to show something. Not passing 3 yards passed the line of scrimmage. Not throwing an interception again. Not taking away the good but there wasn’t a lot of it either.

I honestly feel like he’s trying to hard to become the best player he can be. Just focusing on doing things to perfection. I get it, that’s not a bad thing. But you also just have to go out there and just ball. Play the game. Show some fire and impressive throws. I know this is hard to come by with our pass blocking but there have been opportunities.

Like I said though, I still support and root for him. But I am starting to worry just a tad. Not all QBs get it in year 2. Sometimes it takes year 3. So I’ll continue to cheer for him but he will be under the scope every game. Everyone has to be held accountable. Even though it’s not all on him.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I agree with you. I still fully support him. I think he can get better. But he needs to show something now more than ever. The preseason doesn’t matter. You have to show it in the regular season. You have to show something. Not passing 3 yards passed the line of scrimmage. Not throwing an interception again. Not taking away the good but there wasn’t a lot of it either.

I honestly feel like he’s trying to hard to become the best player he can be. Just focusing on doing things to perfection. I get it, that’s not a bad thing. But you also just have to go out there and just ball. Play the game. Show some fire and impressive throws. I know this is hard to come by with our pass blocking but there have been opportunities.

Like I said though, I still support and root for him. But I am starting to worry just a tad. Not all QBs get it in year 2. Sometimes it takes year 3. So I’ll continue to cheer for him but he will be under the scope every game. Everyone has to be held accountable. Even though it’s not all on him.
It's just crazy to me that he has yet to have a game where he's thrown for over 300 yards.... In 2021 and 2022. Davis Mills already has 4 of them, and they all came in his rookie season.

I'm not going to write him off, but I think we're getting really close to be able to say that he's not a transcendent talent. I don't see special.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't know, the plays they called were pretty suspect. up to this point I'll say Fields has only shown flashes. he's made some near impossible throws and made a little bit of chicken salad out of chicken shit. Kyle Orton was seriously better, and he was never intended to start, at least not as a rookie. if the team had little confidence in Fields, they could do some real stupid shit and use Siemian instead. historically that strategy has never worked and I'm fairly certain in almost every instance the coaching staff got shitcanned soon after. lol

the fact that Getsy was QB coach for Aaron Rodgers, I would think he would exercise a little more care here. it's still kind of early yet though to declare the sky as having fallen. like I said, give it 2 months. if it isn't any better by then, Fields isn't the one.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I tried to tell y'all Fields is complete garbage. My bust videos about him aging well.
You also told us that Nagy was a genius. Which means you're fucking stupid. Lol.