DreamTheater

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Actually it's depressing how much better every starting QB is compared to Fields. I have seen maybe 15 games this year and Fields has struggled more than anyone. Even Trubisky has not looked as bad.

Are the Bears just cursed?
I mean, they're obviously poorly run but in this case the timing is just not right.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Also I’m super jealous of what the Bills have done. Proper rebuild that began with Nathan Peterman being the joke of the league to the development of Josh Allen becoming top 5, potentially the best. They’re an absolute juggernaut.
And some fans called for them to move on from Allen. But they stuck with him, surrounded him with talent and boom.

But the Bears just need to keep starting over at QB every 2 years. That should turn things around. Ha.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And some fans called for them to move on from Allen. But they stuck with him, surrounded him with talent and boom.

But the Bears just need to keep starting over at QB every 2 years. That should turn things around. Ha.
There was maybe one poster on CCS who thought he was good. There were legit "would you trade Trubisky for Allen" threads.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hurts looks good. Decisive. I don't understand why the Bears are stuck in the 80s. Every other team in the NFL can move the ball at will. They complete a 30 yard pass. Come back and complete a 5 yard pass with 10 yards of YAC. It would take the Bears halve a quarter to gain 45 yards. The league is literally designed for the offense to score points.

The Eagles also have some solid talent. Clean pockets and some stupid route running. When the pocket isn't clean Hurts is on the move quickly

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually it's depressing how much better every starting QB is compared to Fields. I have seen maybe 15 games this year and Fields has struggled more than anyone. Even Trubisky has not looked as bad.

Are the Bears just cursed?
Hurts looking at that offensive supporting cast.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Other teams made investments in WR that are actually good - they can get open and catch. The eagles definitely have made moves to get Hurts great options to throw to. Even Poles in one of his introductory interviews noted a go to WR is often a young qb’s best friend even more so than o-line as he has an outlet he can trust. Fields doesn’t have that yet. They obviously thought Mooney would be that but he hasn’t been so far.

I know 3 technique is really important to the defense. But I sincerely hope they spend the first round pick on a talented WR to help Fields and the offense. Or trade back and try to get both.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Hurts looks good. Decisive. I don't understand why the Bears are stuck in the 80s. Every other team in the NFL can move the ball at will. They complete a 30 yard pass. Come back and complete a 5 yard pass with 10 yards of YAC. It would take the Bears halve a quarter to gain 45 yards. The league is literally designed for the offense to score points.

The Eagles also have some solid talent. Clean pockets and some stupid route running. When the pocket isn't clean Hurts is on the move quickly
I have been watching the Bears since the mid 90s. And with the possible exception of 2013, I have never seen a Bears offense that was better than league average. I have seen some teams with a good run game. And we saw some hit or miss games from Cutler. But by and large, the Bears offense almost always sticks out like a sore thumb. Year in and year out. It doesn't matter the regime. It doesn't matter the QB. It doesn't matter the WRs. It's always the same shit over and over again. The closest comp would be the Browns but even they have a good offense like once or twice a decade.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Hurts was his appearance of play until about the second half last year. Proper coaching helps out a ton, though.

Ian Cunningham would be the guy at HH to know whether Fields has it in him. So far...it's been pretty painful to watch.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well said

Sigh…

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Hurts was his appearance of play until about the second half last year. Proper coaching helps out a ton, though.

Ian Cunningham would be the guy at HH to know whether Fields has it in him. So far...it's been pretty painful to watch.
They said on the broadcast tonight that the Eagles started 2-5 last season. After the 7th game, the head coach (who is also the play caller) decided to change the offense's scheme rather than sticking with what HE wanted to do, he wanted to maximize Hurt's talents. They went 7-3 the last 10 games of the season and made the playoffs. Then this offseason, they went and got AJ Brown, a legit #1 receiver. Now Hurts looks legit.

Watching the receivers on other teams makes me question if the Bears are playing a different sport. Somehow every other team in the league can get guys open routinely. For the Bears, it is the most painful of painful struggles to get a 5 yard completion.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One of the best olines in the league, AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Dallas Goedert, a good playcaller. They generally lean really heavily on the run. ??? Hmmmmm, I can't figure it out...

It only took until week 2 to get to the "I wish this guy was our quarterback" whiny posts. ?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They said on the broadcast tonight that the Eagles started 2-5 last season. After the 7th game, the head coach (who is also the play caller) decided to change the offense's scheme rather than sticking with what HE wanted to do, he wanted to maximize Hurt's talents. They went 7-3 the last 10 games of the season and made the playoffs. Then this offseason, they went and got AJ Brown, a legit #1 receiver. Now Hurts looks legit.

Watching the receivers on other teams makes me question if the Bears are playing a different sport. Somehow every other team in the league can get guys open routinely. For the Bears, it is the most painful of painful struggles to get a 5 yard completion.
It's baffling to see them run the ball on their first drive and a nice pass by Fields, only to get away from that. It seems like the ol Ron Turner...we went away from running the ball because they knew that's what we were going to do...or maybe that was Martz. Anyway...you might as well stick with it until they can stop it.