Smarter people than us talking about Justin Fields

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Heads up Clay! The lovers an apologists will be after you with pitchforks!

Also… I’m sure Clay is full of shit because none of these guys can block or get open according to CCS.

It's like Fields has no idea of how quickly he needs to get the ball out. He holds the ball about as long as I can last with the wife which is only about 3.5seconds. That's simply too long.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Also… I’m sure Clay is full of shit because none of these guys can block or get open according to CCS.
Clay is a Homer moron, his fields opinions aside. His opinion on kmet tells me everything I need to know about his talent evaluation

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll watch the videos. I love Bernstein but his stance on Fields has been so shit. Its "be great regardless of circumstances".

Fields might suck but its incredible how many people have already given up. I said it all offseason- after the complete shit-show that was '21, it was essential to build around him this season and they did anything but. It's already begun. Every single game is going to career ending if he's bad. Sucks seeing other NFL QBs get support and play better while Fields gets the GB ball boy and a couple 5th string WRs and day 3 OT. Here you go kid, make it happen.

Mitch could barely scratch 100 yards week 2 of his 3rd season and a ton of people were still on his nuts. Plays like garbage for a whole season and after a couple of back to back decent games vs horrible teams, even Adam Jahns is like "Did Mitch Trubisky turn a corner"?
Damn it you clown, that's actually a really good take from you that i pretty much agree with. If you weren't such a asshat i would like this post.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Even when Clay was hyping Fields up many of us were talking shit about him, wahwahwahsheep.
Damn it you clown, that's actually a really good take from you that i pretty much agree with. If you weren't such a asshat i would like this post.
N3gging the post works too!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even when Clay was hyping Fields up many of us were talking shit about him, wahwahwahsheep.

N3gging the post works too!

I mean the dude got BTFO'ed out on The Bacherolette, by a guy that works out at the same crossfire gym that I "workout" at. And by that I mean, I pay a ridiculous membership fee to half-ass it once a week.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's like Fields has no idea of how quickly he needs to get the ball out. He holds the ball about as long as I can last with the wife which is only about 3.5seconds. That's simply too long.
Maybe there’s a reason Ryan Day let’s CJ Stroud throw the ball 9 more times a start than he let Fields?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean the dude got BTFO'ed out on The Bacherolette, by a guy that works out at the same crossfire gym that I "workout" at. And by that I mean, I pay a ridiculous membership fee to half-ass it once a week.
I know nothing about that. I dont watch that trash. He clearly is just some washed up nobody who spent months pandering to 3 different fanbases so he can build up a following. I think when i first saw him on twitter he had like 1100 or 11k followers and a few months later hes almost at 50k. Cole Kmet is going to breakout! Bears are going to turn heads!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe there’s a reason Ryan Day let’s CJ Stroud throw the ball 9 more times a start than he let Fields?
Is this that "humor" of yours again? Please tell me it is. I think too highly of you.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this that "humor" of yours again? Please tell me it is. I think too highly of you.
No it’s just a fact. His college coach passes a lot more with Stroud than Fields. Maybe he thinks one is better?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No it’s just a fact. His college coach passes a lot more with Stroud than Fields. Maybe he thinks one is better?
May he does. Maybe he thinks he had a better roster for more pass happy offense? Maybe his current matchups dictate more passing? Maybe its the simple fact that Justin Fields is a much better runner? Justin Fields had over 5000 yards and 60 TDs. this is such a reach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
May he does. Maybe he thinks he had a better roster for more pass happy offense? Maybe his current matchups dictate more passing? Maybe its the simple fact that Justin Fields is a much better runner? Justin Fields had over 5000 yards and 60 TDs. this is such a reach.
Maybe there’s a reason Fields was the 4th QB taken? Maybe there was a reason other QB needy teams passed in the draft? Maybe there’s a reason he’s so far been a terrible pro QB? Can you admit that he just may actually be bad?

I’ve said dozens of times Fields has all the talent in the world. I’ve said he’s a GREAT leader. I said the Bears don’t beat San Fran without him. I’m certainly hoping he becomes great and I acknowledge the incredible skillset he has. I also acknowledge he has a poor roster around him.

He still needs to be better. A lot better.

Only one of us here seems capable of looking at this objectively. For some weird reason you’ve gone full fanboy for Fields. ?‍♂️

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think in the back of my mind I anticipated Fields being left to the wolves this season. The writing was on the wall all off-season. Limited WR FA options, Poles was cleaning house, clearing up cap/bad Pace contract and he went dumpster diving. Then they hired Flus and took not one, but two DBs high in the draft. Typical Bears. I like Brisker, but he's a safety. Verdict still out on Gordon. 3rd Round WR can't bend over without getting hurt. Neither of these guys are helping Fields at all, which is literally the entire point of this season. Figure out if Fields has it. Well, that's tough to do when he passes 11 times a game and is running for his life on halve his dropbacks trying to find *checks notes* Dante fucking Pettis. It feels pretty bad. The roster is complete shit, top to bottom. I was hopeful that Fields could make something work and maybe he still can, but this offense straight up stinks. Poles better have this shit together next offseason.

I'm ready to call for Poles' head. Yeah it's only 2 games in his first year but given what he said vs what he did vs how it's turning out, nope. Not interested in 4-8 years of a BS GM saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.
If he wanted to include the QB in his rebuild plans he should've traded him not set him up for failure.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Maybe he has a worse running game. I believe he was pretty open about haskins not being nfl ready, but praised fields. So I think your assumption that he didn't think highly of fields is probably not accurate

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm ready to call for Poles' head. Yeah it's only 2 games in his first year but given what he said vs what he did vs how it's turning out, nope. Not interested in 4-8 years of a BS GM saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.
If he wanted to include the QB in his rebuild plans he should've traded him not set him up for failure.
Lol maybe wait until year 2 at least on a rebuild

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The running game under Fields was much better and Fields also runs a lot more than Stroud.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe there’s a reason Fields was the 4th QB taken? Maybe there was a reason other QB needy teams passed in the draft? Maybe there’s a reason he’s so far been a terrible pro QB? Can you admit that he just may actually be bad?

I’ve said dozens of times Fields has all the talent in the world. I’ve said he’s a GREAT leader. I said the Bears don’t beat San Fran without him. I’m certainly hoping he becomes great and I acknowledge the incredible skillset he has. I also acknowledge he has a poor roster around him.

Only one of us here seems capable of looking at this objectively. For some weird reason you’ve gone full fanboy for Fields. ?‍♂️
You won’t know either way until you put him in the best possible position to succeed and so far the bears have not done that. Why don’t you get this?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that he needs to get better as does the offensive line, the linebackers and the receivers. That's where the $100M comes in and a full draft class next year as far as I am concerned. baby steps this season. 7-9 or 8-8 would be just fine with me and a full season to develop Fields and this defense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe he has a worse running game. I believe he was pretty open about haskins not being nfl ready, but praised fields. So I think your assumption that he didn't think highly of fields is probably not accurate
I never said he didn’t think highly of him. He just may think more of Stroud. NFL draft people seem pretty high on him. (Granted its early).

Stroud also may have a more NFL ready game. Everyone wants Fields to throw 30+ times a game and that just wasn’t what he did in college.