Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

• Yes, he's a bust.

• No, I haven't given up on him.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Some posters keep mentioning how many of us have already given up on Fields, he's a bust, stick a fork in him...we need to draft another QB.

I think these posters are confusing skepticism/criticism with complete abandonment. There's nothing wrong with critiquing a high profile, young QB week to week.

I have LITTERALLY seen ONE regular poster call him a bust. Let's set the record straight, so these posters can stop with the false accusations and defensive hyperbole.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The one guy I've seen call Fields a bust has reported...lol.

We'll see if there's more...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No but if I was asked what my prediction would be about his NFL career, I think bust would be a strong consideration. And the same goes for all the QBs in the 2021 NFL draft including Mac Jones tbh. I have not seen enough of any of them. Until we see evidence that they can lead a team, then the skepticism is going to exist.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No its to early to say that, he has a flaw in his game that if he cant improve then yes he will be a bust just like Mitch ended up. You can have all the arm talent in the world, be mobile, fast, etc.. but if you cant quickly process what your seeing on the field then you have no chance at being a quality nfl QB. We will have a better understanding of where he is trending towards the end of the year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No but if I was asked what my prediction would be about his NFL career, I think bust would be a strong consideration. And the same goes for all the QBs in the 2021 NFL draft including Mac Jones tbh. I have not seen enough of any of them. Until we see evidence that they can lead a team, then the skepticism is going to exist.
I considered putting an option in for "No, but I'm leaning towards bust." But I wanted it to be clear to his defenders who has ACTUALLY jumped the fence.

Maybe I'll do a "which way are you leaning after week 5."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too early to lean if your reasonable. Good to know what you don't know.

I wonder how this would have gone in Miami with Tua after game 2 last year.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I considered putting an option in for "No, but I'm leaning towards bust." But I wanted it to be clear to his defenders who has ACTUALLY jumped the fence.

Maybe I'll do a "which way are you leaning after week 5."
The narrative is that the 49ers and Packers have good defenses and the 49ers game was played in a monsoon. That and it was his first games under a new regime.

These next couple games against the Texans and Giants are huge for his confidence. If he struggles the same way, it could get really ugly.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's getting closer to yes though. For me.
Well, for me there are several categories. Bust is obviously at the lowest end but it's not just franchise QB or bust. A perfect example would be Kirk Cousins. He is not really a franchise QB but he certainly is not a bust.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might be worse when all is said and done.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Exactly where I'm at...The sample size is too small, he is not in a favorable position, and has a brand new OC to work with in his second season. These are valid reasons to remain optimistic.

That said, he needs to start progressing. Excuses don't feed the bulldog.