Let’s not forget….

Skull

Liked Posts:
This is a very young team at the start of a rebuilding phase. We started off with two of the best teams in the nfl and played fairly well. We will know a lot more half way through the season but I think it’s far to early to give up on Kmet , Fields, Mooney, etc. Fields is going to throw a lot more these next two games and I think you will see more quick throws to Kmet and see us go downfield a couple times. I’m happy being 1-1 right now!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is a very young team at the start of a rebuilding phase. We started off with two of the best teams in the nfl and played fairly well. We will know a lot more half way through the season but I think it’s far to early to give up on Kmet , Fields, Mooney, etc. Fields is going to throw a lot more these next two games and I think you will see more quick throws to Kmet and see us go downfield a couple times. I’m happy being 1-1 right now!
On one hand, the record is about as good as we could have realistically asked for coming into the season. On the other hand, the record doesn't matter for this season and you want to see progress from all the young guys, namely Fields. It's been a highly mixed bag so far, and as usual, Chicago fans are latching on the most immediate happenings. That means:

- Montgomery is the lynchpin of the offense (despite him being shut down by the 9ers)
- Fields is looking pretty bad (despite his play making ability being the reason we beat the 9ers)
- The defensive line is looking pretty terrible right now (despite having dominated the 9ers' o-line)
- Getsy is a pretty terrible play caller (despite the adjustments he made in the second half against the 9ers)

It's going to be really random from week to week. I personally didn't see an avenue to more than 6 wins this season and i'm not really backing off of that. That means more bad than good, in general.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is one reason why I posted my poll question because the Bears are playing much weaker teams the next 4 weeks, and there's bound to be a bunch of finger waging towards ppl who have expressed concern over the first 2 weeks.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good to know.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is one reason why I posted my poll question because the Bears are playing much weaker teams the next 4 weeks, and there's bound to be a bunch of finger waging towards ppl who have expressed concern over the first 2 weeks.
And Fields might look like a world beater against them, similar to how Mitch looked against the Lions, just to crash back down to earth the next time we face a defense that could be considered a top 10 unit. I fully expect Bears fans to continue to react like a flag does to the slightest bit of wind regardless of which direction it's blowing.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On one hand, the record is about as good as we could have realistically asked for coming into the season. On the other hand, the record doesn't matter for this season and you want to see progress from all the young guys, namely Fields. It's been a highly mixed bag so far, and as usual, Chicago fans are latching on the most immediate happenings. That means:

- Montgomery is the lynchpin of the offense (despite him being shut down by the 9ers)
- Fields is looking pretty bad (despite his play making ability being the reason we beat the 9ers)
- The defensive line is looking pretty terrible right now (despite having dominated the 9ers' o-line)
- Getsy is a pretty terrible play caller (despite the adjustments he made in the second half against the 9ers)

It's going to be really random from week to week. I personally didn't see an avenue to more than 6 wins this season and i'm not really backing off of that. That means more bad than good, in general.
Hard to argue with this. As long as they show growth and improvement, I'm okay. I had them as 5-7 wins and that hasn't changed.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just throw the ball.
His lack of pocket awareness is actually worse than Cutler's. I'd rather him just leave the pocket after 2 seconds than to stand back there

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Probably could have posted that four years ago....Probably could post it four years from now. Only the names change.