**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I know I have an extra week of insight but ask CBS to highlight our rushing yards or average. We are killing it in the run game even before this week which if anyone was paying attention to was what we built our whole offense around in the offseason. We brought in a fullback and blocking receivers so we could be an efficient run heavy team in a year of little resources. We can't be a joke when there are two sides to the coin and you are balling on the other side. So fuck you CBS.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
If Fields runs to where Jones was laid out that is a TD. Easy TD. Fields is not seeing the field. Which was way more on display this week. He is playing based on pre snap anticipation. QBs that cannot get to the point where they are no longer thinking and just know will never be great and will always have suspect games and moments. We lived through that with Trubisky. When his mind is clear and he is just playing his talent gave him a high ceiling.
But when defenses are showing him something that he did not expect and he is not on the move and in his body mentally, than it all beaks down and he looks like ass. Fields has more resolve and I have not given up but i put 50/50 on Fields and the Coaching to turn his career around.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Whether it's not trusting his eyes and taking what's there, taking unnecessary hits, or holding the ball too long/not throwing it away: he seems to be in conflict with himself at times and making things way too hard. Hopefully him, Getsy and Flus being in the same room looking at the same film again this week will get him some clarity. He might just need to take a deep breath and chill a bit.
Timing and footwork based off all the clips I've seen where people are questioning him in the previous game. There is either an extra step/half step, which then doesn't trigger the point at which he is meant to plant and throw, if this O is totally based on that sort of thing. It's not an exact science and certainly isn't as simple as the layman's terms in which we all try and lay it out.

Bit in bold is a 100% agree.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vildor had the tipped pass on Eddie's pick, I believe. I thought Vildor had a pretty good game overall, but I may be forgetting some times he was lost in coverage?
He can't defend high passes to taller WRs. He's dead at jump balls in the red zone.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Timing and footwork based off all the clips I've seen where people are questioning him in the previous game. There is either an extra step/half step, which then doesn't trigger the point at which he is meant to plant and throw, if this O is totally based on that sort of thing. It's not an exact science and certainly isn't as simple as the layman's terms in which we all try and lay it out.

Bit in bold is a 100% agree.
If so, just continuing to make him throw against the Texans wasn't going to help him.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
If so, just continuing to make him throw against the Texans wasn't going to help him.
Could be, I think there is a balance to be struck in regards to him throwing in game and facing the ups and downs that come with that and then protecting him from both the oppo. and himself.

This is why I live in the UK and don't coach at any level of football.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pretty sure its a mental thing because these are throws we've seen him make. He just needs a positive game to get him out of the slump
Being a mental thing doesn't mean it's better for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could be, I think there is a balance to be struck in regards to him throwing in game and facing the ups and downs that come with that and then protecting him from both the oppo. and himself.

This is why I live in the UK and don't coach at any level of football.
I don't like the idea that you have to sacrifice the team and beat down your QB for him to learn anything. He obviously needs reps but on a day like Sunday, you'd just be killing the horse and then beating it for good measure.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I don't like the idea that you have to sacrifice the team and beat down your QB for him to learn anything. He obviously needs reps but on a day like Sunday, you'd just be killing the horse and then beating it for good measure.
Stress testing a player - like I said it's a fine balance.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Vildor proved he could get it done....against a team of the Texans skill level.
Against a top tier WR (Brandon Cooks) who consistently hits the 1,000 yards mark on bad teams with bad QB's.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Quality pass break up in that video clip, plus he tipped the ball up that Eddie picked off. Vildor played extremely well for a backup CB. I hope he continues to ball out.

Status
Not open for further replies.