Sometimes a Bears win can feel like a loss

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JFC no. Aside from the Monty injury, this was a good game. They need reps, lots of them, this team was a total failure last year. They need the WHOLE season to learn and grown and gel. Not all of the OL will be starting next year, and our WRs are average at best. Rookies on DEF. The fact that they stayed in this game and WON says a lot about their character and drive. They WERE sucking in so many ways. And yet, they won. Enough of this "bad win" bullshit.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not reading this BS... Bears are void of talent and won, it only feels like a loss to idiot fans.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's not an uncommon phenomenon to have a win that feels like a loss in the NFL. It really comes down to a few key issues or bounce of the ball sometimes between making it a W or an L and sometimes in the most painful cases, a referee call going one way or the other. There is a lot riding on Fields at this point as the course of the franchise will pivot one way or the other regarding the future franchise QB. If Fields continues as his trajectory at this point, we are back to searching free agency, trade or a draft pick at QB but if he some how pivots, we get to start spending some of the massive cap next year on building around him. So it definitely is deflating when he puts up another performance that feels like a step down the "he's a bust" path.

I also am well aware that the two interception plays going differently would have massively shifted this weeks' tone and mood. If he puts the ball on Kmet accurately and a second earlier and if he actually looks off Mooney and goes to the outside receiver (even lets assume it's incomplete) and Fields ends up with a few more yards but a stat line of 0 tds 0 interceptions but we also have the most rushing yards since 1984, I think the conversation becomes that we didn't need to pass due to the ground game dominance and this feels more like a team win than a loss. When we have to overcome Fields play to win a game, that is when it feels disheartening. I hope next week they begin to take steps in the right direction, but the feeling right now really is negative considering the 2-1 record.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the arrogant QB realized the team won despite him and pulls his neck out of his ass…at least until we can see some chin music, and takes that humility and keeps his drive to be great…

Than this loss was a win.