Justin Feilds/Jalen Hurts

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What makes him Elway, Young and Allen? Your wishful thinking? What evidence is there that this is the case? I’d say he looks more like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.
I think his analogy was a good one. Elway, Young, and Allen were great athletes first who someone decided to develop into quarterbacks.You could say that those guys could have played other NFL positions if they wanted to. Guys like Marino were quarterback only guys who had great vision and terrific arms but were not great runners and needed to be protected more while they were in the pocket.

So, yeah, we don't know if Fields will be able to learn how to harness his physical tools and develop the ability to put touch on passes to read defenses. i never really thought about it much but I have to think that putting touch on a pass and being able to fire a pass after a split second read on a defender or defenders has to be the toughest thing to do for any quarterback. We will see,

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
What trait does Fields have other than speed? Is there some elite arm talent there I’m not seeing?

These comparisons mean nothing. This guy kind of sucked a little early too so they’re the same. That’s essentially the argument. It’s absurd. For every Elway there are 50 Jamarcus Russells. And these guys also showed something. I guarantee you if you look at Elways stats and compare him to his peers at the time he was decent. Half these comparisons are revisionist history anyway. Elway was never this bad. Im pretty sure even Steve Young wasn’t this bad. But just for arguments sake let’s say he was. So what? You know how rare that sort of career arc is? The odds are much, much, much more higher that Fields is Ryan Leaf and not Steve Young. It’s just blatant reaching for anything to hold onto hope. Josh Allen was never anywhere near this bad. This nonsense I keep reading in every thread about Fields being Josh Allen is so ridiculous. Allen was never anywhere close to as bad as Fields has been. The comparison is just stupid. and it’s become the glimmer of hope for Bears fans. That he will magically become Josh Allen.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Elway had a difficult time processing at the NFL level. He didn’t know how to play the position. He had the physical skillset but was not mentally ready to start. He was benched periodically for Gary Kubiak.

Young was a fucking disaster. He was deemed a bust at Tampa Bay and finally pulled it together under the tutelage of the greatest coach in the history of the NFL.

Marino and Kelly didn’t struggle because they came into the with the league with the proper set of skills needed for immediate success.

Fields might suck but he’s cut from the same cloth as Elway, Young and Josh Allen. It’s up to him to turn it around, of course with help from the coaching staff and front office.

This "elway couldn't process" bone you latched on to is stupid.
Look at rate+ and compare him to his contemporaries.

Elways skill as a pocket passer were average the first couple of years.. They remained fairly close to average his entire career.

There was never a time when he was considered a great pocket passer.
There was also never a time where he looked thoroughly inept.

I get the feeling you probably never saw much of elways early years.
Your entire premise smacks of someone googling stats with no context.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Watching you go around insulting people in every thread because a guy can’t play football is one of the more funny/pathetic things I’ve seen in a while. You’re a child I’m assuming. it’s entertaining watching your world crumble because your idol looks like a bust. The lashing out like a child, the insults that make you sound like you’re 12. It’s all great. You honestly sound like you’re about to cry.

Nah, I only talk shit to stupid people. Not my fault you're an idiot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This "elway couldn't process" bone you latched on to is stupid.
Look at rate+ and compare him to his contemporaries.

Elways skill as a pocket passer were average the first couple of years.. They remained fairly close to average his entire career.

There was never a time when he was considered a great pocket passer.
There was also never a time where he looked thoroughly inept.

I get the feeling you probably never saw much of elways early years.
Your entire premise smacks of someone googling stats with no context.
I watched his whole career. He struggled mightily to start. How much of his career did you see? Thanks for helping make my point too. He didn’t have a clue how to win inside the pocket coming out of Stanford and took much longer to develop.

Young, was much worse.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Nah, I only talk shit to stupid people. Not my fault you're an idiot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are a child correct? For your sake I hope you’re not a grown man melting down like this because a guy is struggling to play football. You understand how pitiful you look right now?

You notice how even most of his ardent supporters have bailed on him? The honeymoon is over bud. Fans are turning on him. Only weirdos and immature children are still fighting for him. Some have mysteriously disappeared or are posting sporadically instead of their usual everyday plethora of content. You’re too dumb to just keep quiet. That’s clearly the move here. Lose your password for a while and hope Justin can turn it around. You’re really embarrassing yourself.

The ‘it’s everybody else’s fault‘ era for Fields is over bud. You need to recognize the training wheels are off. And if you can’t recognize that just be like Anytime and miraculously disappear from any Fields related threads because you’re so butthurt and embarrassed about being wrong that you’re scared to show your face.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What trait does Fields have other than speed? Is there some elite arm talent there I’m not seeing?

These comparisons mean nothing. This guy kind of sucked a little early too so they’re the same. That’s essentially the argument. It’s absurd. For every Elway there are 50 Jamarcus Russells. And these guys also showed something. I guarantee you if you look at Elways stats and compare him to his peers at the time he was decent. Half these comparisons are revisionist history anyway. Elway was never this bad. Im pretty sure even Steve Young wasn’t this bad. But just for arguments sake let’s say he was. So what? You know how rare that sort of career arc is? The odds are much, much, much more higher that Fields is Ryan Leaf and not Steve Young. It’s just blatant reaching for anything to hold onto hope. Josh Allen was never anywhere near this bad. This nonsense I keep reading in every thread about Fields being Josh Allen is so ridiculous. Allen was never anywhere close to as bad as Fields has been. The comparison is just stupid. and it’s become the glimmer of hope for Bears fans. That he will magically become Josh Allen.
Elway was this bad. Young was worse.

Did you see them play? I compare them because I watched all of them in college and the pros and I felt Fields was most similar to Young coming out of school. Quite frankly, I never saw Elway or Young have a game like Fields had against Clemson in college. Elway actually had a losing record at Stanford.

Here’s an article on Young to give you some context on how his NFL career evolved:

“Young, who was seen as a bust after just two seasons with Tampa Bay, became a Hall of Fame quarterback with San Francisco. He went on to lead the league in passer rating six times over his career, was named as the AP NFL Most Valuable Player in 1992 and 1994, was selected to seven straight Pro Bowls, and was the MVP of Super Bowl XXIX.

Legendary 49ers head coach Bill Walsh was the man who saw something in Young that the Buccaneers did not. He was responsible for bringing Young to San Francisco. "[Walsh's] influence is now all over the league and I was grateful for the formative role he played in my progress," Young said during his Hall of Fame induction speech in 2005. "He believed in a scrambling lefty. Thanks Bill."

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
You notice how even most of his ardent supporters have bailed on him? The honeymoon is over bud. Fans are turning on him. Only weirdos and immature children are still fighting for him.

This isn't accurate at all. Are you talking about his fans on CCS only or in general? CCS is a step above Bears Facebook in terms of casual fans.

People who are much more football intelligent than you are still bought in with the dude. They understand that it's a process. Also, the Bears seem to understand this.

If his casual fan 'ardent supporters' have bailed on him, that's of no consequence if Luke Getsy still continues to give the dude rave reviews. Like us intelligent fans, Getsy understands that it's a process and development isn't always linear.

Last edited:

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Elway was this bad. Young was worse.

Did you see them play? I compare them because I watched all of them in college and the pros and I felt Fields was most similar to Young coming out of school. Quite frankly, I never saw Elway or Young have a game like Fields had against Clemson in college. Elway actually had a losing record at Stanford.

Here’s an article on Young to give you some context on how his NFL career evolved:

“Young, who was seen as a bust after just two seasons with Tampa Bay, became a Hall of Fame quarterback with San Francisco. He went on to lead the league in passer rating six times over his career, was named as the AP NFL Most Valuable Player in 1992 and 1994, was selected to seven straight Pro Bowls, and was the MVP of Super Bowl XXIX.

Legendary 49ers head coach Bill Walsh was the man who saw something in Young that the Buccaneers did not. He was responsible for bringing Young to San Francisco. "[Walsh's] influence is now all over the league and I was grateful for the formative role he played in my progress," Young said during his Hall of Fame induction speech in 2005. "He believed in a scrambling lefty. Thanks Bill."

@EDPeezy has biases against Fields that he couldn't possibly have had with Young & Elway. He talks a lot of shit from his Mom's basement with a belly button full of Dorito crumbs.